Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

I'm still on ps4,lol...

Ps5 is extremely hard to find cheap enough here...

I figure if I want to buy a ps5, I "have to" buy a new tv also..lol

The money is there, the interest just isn't there..2

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, judas priest superstar said:

You sure you want EA?
You really sure?

Maybe you should ask Madden NFL/NHL/FIFA players about that. You thought MyFaction is bad under 2K....wait until EA tries it.

I definitely don't want EA I was just saying who would likely get the license if 2K were to get canned.

I have a question. If the models look like this:

….then what’s stopping them from giving us every single person’s hairstyle in caw mode? I thought the hair was kind of attached to the model via the scanning procedure but the hair is separate.

Edited by A N T I -

For years a lot of people insisted Yuke's was the problem and needed to go. Then 2K/VC dropped the ball with 2K20 and suddenly the same people insisted Yuke's leaving was the problem. Now people want EA? I think they got things back on track with 2K22 and 2K23 looks like a big step in the right direction. Still not perfect by any means, but top to bottom 2K22 is the best WWE simulation in the history of the series. From what we've seen, 2K23 will probably take that title. There's no way 2K23 bombs. People have voted with their wallets. Most voted in favor of the current direction. I'm not surprised at all that 2K is sticking what works for the majority of the community.

EA as devs might be able to make a game look outstanding graphically, and give it tons of attention in terms of production values but when it comes to year-to-year games, they are awful. The games might work fine to the average gamer but vs what gamers had 20 years ago, it's a joke.

And MTX is not only a part of the game, it's virtually the game now. 

2K at least hasn't compromised core mechanics for these games to serve the MTX side of....versus EA, who has done so much to compromise their engines to fuel Ultimate Team sales. 

Plus, any change of developer would do unspeakable damage to the feature set we have now. Doesn't matter if EA got it or someone else, we're talking years of features would probably be lost, most of them never ever returning. Moves would be gone as well. Match types, all that stuff would be greatly pared down if a dev switch happened.

All told, you don't know what you have until it's gone. 

55 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

For years a lot of people insisted Yuke's was the problem and needed to go. Then 2K/VC dropped the ball with 2K20 and suddenly the same people insisted Yuke's leaving was the problem. Now people want EA? I think they got things back on track with 2K22 and 2K23 looks like a big step in the right direction. Still not perfect by any means, but top to bottom 2K22 is the best WWE simulation in the history of the series. From what we've seen, 2K23 will probably take that title. There's no way 2K23 bombs. People have voted with their wallets. Most voted in favor of the current direction. I'm not surprised at all that 2K is sticking what works for the majority of the community.

i will interject just to correct ur statement that this is the best WWE simulation of all time. Thats just ridiculous to say. You can enjoy the game or whatever. But 2k22 is in no way shape or form an accurate representation of WWE. Even ignoring the fighting game gameplay change. The entrances no longer look like the real entrances. They removed Promos. They added that weird arcadey BLOODSHOT screen border. They homegenized all of the characters so they all play the same instead of being more unique. The only thing that differentiates them at all now is whether they have a Dodge/Roll/Boxing Bob n Weave as their RB/R1 move.

No squash matches. The camera angles, replays, lighting.....all of it makes it NOT like the TV product

And lastly the introduction of the combo system ruined the A.I-

Edited by eastcoastkody

26 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

i will interject just to correct ur statement that this is the best WWE simulation of all time. Thats just ridiculous to say. You can enjoy the game or whatever. But 2k22 is in no way shape or form an accurate representation of WWE. Even ignoring the fighting game gameplay change. The entrances no longer look like the real entrances. They removed Promos. They added that weird arcadey BLOODSHOT screen border. They homegenized all of the characters so they all play the same instead of being more unique. The only thing that differentiates them at all now is whether they have a Dodge/Roll/Boxing Bob n Weave as their RB/R1 move.

No squash matches. The camera angles, replays, lighting.....all of it makes it NOT like the TV product

And lastly the introduction of the combo system ruined the A.I-

You're "correcting" my opinion? What's "the best" is subjective. The statement that WWE wrestlers throw strike combos to set up moves, duck strikes, and block strikes is an objective fact. You can dislike the gameplay changes, but the things you don't like are all things that happen in WWE matches. You're too fixated on what isn't there to appreciate what is, in my opinion. I was like that with 2K17. I was so annoyed that tired moves got nerfed that I didn't enjoy the improvements. Looking back, it's the last game before 2K22 where I had matches that flowed naturally. It's not just about the features, it's about how well they all blend into the overall experience.

I feel I have the most true to life matches I've ever had in a WWE game in 2K22. I don't have every feature I want, but the overall experience is the best I've ever had in a WWE game. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

19 minutes ago, The Nerd said:

Would they?

Yeah pretty much, there'd still be Microtransactions and stuff still locked to a mode or two. Even if the gameplay let's say was better and that's a big if everything else would be gone or too bare bones that it wouldn't matter because you'd have a large part of people still upset anyways especially if finally getting GM mode to now it being gone again.

Edited by crazyjk4

37 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

You're "correcting" my opinion? What's "the best" is subjective. The statement that WWE wrestlers throw strike combos to set up moves, duck strikes, and block strikes is an objective fact. You can dislike the gameplay changes, but the things you don't like are all things that happen in WWE matches. You're too fixated on what isn't there to appreciate what is, in my opinion. I was like that with 2K17. I was so annoyed that tired moves got nerfed that I didn't enjoy the improvements. Looking back, it's the last game before 2K22 where I had matches that flowed naturally. It's not just about the features, it's about how well they all blend into the overall experience.

I feel I have the most true to life matches I've ever had in a WWE game in 2K22. I don't have every feature I want, but the overall experience is the best I've ever had in a WWE game. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Lol 2k22 is a stimulation of the current aew product. Every wrestler is equal to each other, nobody sells for too long and it takes 2-3 finishers to get beat.

Seriously though most realistic is a hard thing to argue for the game even if it’s an opinion (unless you’re going off aew). If most fun or something of that nature is your argument then I can understand since you can have a fun challenging match arguably more than 2k19

8 minutes ago, crazyjk4 said:

Yeah pretty much, there'd still be Microtransactions and stuff still locked to a mode or two. Even if the gameplay let's say was better and that's a big if everything else would be gone or too bare bones that it wouldn't matter because you'd have a large part of people still upset anyways especially if finally getting GM mode to now it being gone again.

Micro transactions aside I want to talk gameplay if EA ever made a WWE game. I loved UFC 4’s gameplay. I love their idea of how submissions and chain submissions/advanced submissions work. That could fit extremely well in a WWE game. Also the way the strikes hit and feel could flow well in an EA made wrestling game. The way the presentation looks, the lighting. Of course UFC and WWE aren’t produced or visually presented the same on tv or video games but the lightning and models would be outstanding. Not to say 2K’s models and graphics aren’t amazing? They’re amazing for sure. Top notch for the most part. But I feel unpopular as it may be, the good would outweigh the bad if EA took over. It’s never happening. So this doesn’t even matter but man, I genuinely would want to see what they could do within 2 games. I can go on. I’ve been thinking about it for almost a decade. An EA produced and made WWE game. *Censored*. Now of course as you mentioned micro transactions a would be present for sure. I’m not sure to the extent though. I’m sure there would be other minor negatives. Gameplay wise however, that doesn’t scare me in the slightest. Many people beg for only simulation in the 2K series and EA does simulation better in their game than 2K has ever imo. I stand on that. Again, it’s never happening. Just a dream or whatever I guess. 

19 minutes ago, NiceTwice said:

Lol 2k22 is a stimulation of the current aew product. Every wrestler is equal to each other, nobody sells for too long and it takes 2-3 finishers to get beat.

Seriously though most realistic is a hard thing to argue for the game even if it’s an opinion (unless you’re going off aew). If most fun or something of that nature is your argument then I can understand since you can have a fun challenging match arguably more than 2k19

yeah realism and simulation aspect isn't an opinion. Thats like saying NBA Street is the best basketball sim of all time

My favorite soccer videogame is Red Card or whatever on GameCube. But im sure thats not a better sim than some new Fifa

Edited by eastcoastkody

2 hours ago, SaturnT3 said:

I was never someone who hated on Yuke's. I always counted on them to develop good games. Only games I didn't like from them were WM X8, SvR 08, SvR 09 and 2K15. Every other game they Developed was good to great to the greatest (2K19) IMO. You're not wrong in the sense that people over the years would blame them for certain things though but I think they took them for granted. They are the most experienced team ever when it comes to Wrestling video games.

You're entitled to your opinion to like 2K22 but to say it's the "best WWE simulation in the history of the series"? How???

How many times do people do that weird shuffling stance? How many people do Collar and Elbows more than once or twice and outside of the first few moments of a match? How many people link Collar and Elbows into a Chokeslam or a Backbreaker? How many people rest their hands on their opponent's shoulders in the corner before doing Shoulder Thrusts? How many people bend over and tap their grounded opponent's knee and shoulder before performing a Soccer Ball Kick?

Starting at the time I linked, for like 45-50 seconds Gigi does that last example I gave over and over and over again. The same thing happens in 2K22.

Edited by TheNoOneM1