Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, NiceTwice said:

If you like the game then it sure is.

I know wishing bad on something is terrible but in most cases that’s what pushes people to improve.

Or gets them fired and replaced with someone else, not that you aren't wrong but in this case if 2K were to fail it's not unlikely that WWE could fire 2K and look for another developer which would most likely be EA .

1 hour ago, The Nerd said:

What an odd post.

No. Im completely with him. I hope this game BOMBs. I hate the new gameplay from 2k22. I hate this MyFaction card bs.  They are still releasing very buggy games. There are still many areas of the game that don't get touched for years. There are quality of life things that still haven't been implemented over years. How many moves and features have gotten removed and then just never return?

Money talks. If ppl stop buying the game they will start changing things and fixing things so quick it'll make ur fckn head spin.

vote with ur wallet. 2k20 was the first time i didn't pre-order a WWE game since 2008. And i will not preorder 2k23. 

perhaps we treated YUKES too harshly. the AEW game will not be a yearly release. Its a game that will last for hopefully years. With support and DLC releases and updates. No card game nonsense. The opponents sell and stay down. No fighting game combos to utilize ur full moveset.

i dont give a shake shack shit about MyRise or Showcase. I just want a wrestling game that i enjoy to play and can have matches that look like wrestling

I highly doubt 2k23 not performing well would make wwe change to ea since 2k22 exceeded expectations but it would be a red flag. I will say though 2k is slowly making this wwe series what ea would’ve with my faction and gameplay turning into what it is now with the weird boxing elements. 

I think eastcoastkody said exactly what I think of the game but I’m willing to compromise as long as they show effort.

Yeah 23 will not bomb bad enough for them to make drastic changes. 22 exceeded expectations. But I will agree that locking things behind a pay wall like my rise/faction sucks ass 100 % and should be in CAS or whatnot without it anyway as that would boost sales more than hiding stuff behind a mode that I dont play and never will. As for the AI sliders, its been along time coming and should have been in the game along time ago.

2 minutes ago, NiceTwice said:

I highly doubt 2k23 not performing well would make wwe change to ea since 2k22 exceeded expectations but it would be a red flag. I will say though 2k is slowly making this wwe series what ea would’ve with my faction and gameplay turning into what it is now with the weird boxing elements. 

I think eastcoastkody said exactly what I think of the game but I’m willing to compromise as long as they show effort.

my opinion is that they are rudderless since YUKES left. I feel like some of the ppl there want the game to be like 2k19. Some of the ppl there want it to be an esports fighting game. Some of the ppl there want it to be Here Comes the Pain. 

there is no clear voice or direction anymore.  It feels like they are just throwing spaghetti at the wall.

2k20 being a nightmare. 2k21 getting shelved. And 2k22 being a complete deviation from all the work and progress they made over the years points to one culprit. Poor management.  too many cooks in the kitchen.

They were on track. 2k19's gameplay and features with 2k23's graphics and smooth movement.....and we might be looking at a 10/10 wrestling game. 

But they are lost in the sauce. And now we're headed down this Madden Ultimate Team nonsense route. With gameplay to appeal to casuals and non-wrestling fans. That just want to make a weird CAW and mash buttons. Because thats what this game has become for many ppl. The game you buy to make a created character.

The premise for MyRise seems interesting, you come into the company as a hot indy star, and when you debut on the main roster you're given vignettes and hyped and debut under some new gimmick and new name the boss gave you. But you have the option apparently to become your own person like how Rocky Maivia turned into The Rock. and be who you wanna be, or i guess you can run with the character they gave you.

At first i was worried they was forcing you into a gimmick/character instead of letting you be your own character you wanna be, cause if you use say a Kenny Omega caw its gonna look silly being "The Lock" the entire time, but thankfully it seems you can choose to ditch the gimmick and be who you wanna be.

So its realistic in how a big indy star can come into WWE and get a new name, new gimmick and be forced into a role they don't wanna be in and can eventually get rid of it.

24 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

my opinion is that they are rudderless since YUKES left. I feel like some of the ppl there want the game to be like 2k19. Some of the ppl there want it to be an esports fighting game. Some of the ppl there want it to be Here Comes the Pain. 

there is no clear voice or direction anymore.  It feels like they are just throwing spaghetti at the wall.

2k20 being a nightmare. 2k21 getting shelved. And 2k22 being a complete deviation from all the work and progress they made over the years points to one culprit. Poor management.  too many cooks in the kitchen.

They were on track. 2k19's gameplay and features with 2k23's graphics and smooth movement.....and we might be looking at a 10/10 wrestling game. 

But they are lost in the sauce. And now we're headed down this Madden Ultimate Team nonsense route. With gameplay to appeal to casuals and non-wrestling fans. That just want to make a weird CAW and mash buttons. Because thats what this game has become for many ppl. The game you buy to make a created character.

MyFaction is ass. I won’t even attempt to defend that mode. I have zero interest in it, so I agree with you there. MyRise, is something that many creators and fans play so it’s not going anywhere. I do want promos and more added in to make it a bit more robust so to speak. Showcase, yeah, never been a fan. Play it once and never return. Even with the spin this year, playing it through and never touching it again. I miss Road to Wrestlemania personally. I feel that should take over Showcase Mode. Or maybe instead of even focusing on Showcase Mode just put those resources and time into bringing back create a story. The combos, I personally enjoyed in 2K22 so I can’t comment there. The arcade like style and tweaks are up my alley. I do also like simulation but with simulation the speed seems to have to take a backseat or they just haven’t found the sweet spot. All in all, you’re never going to please everyone. I mean I’m still annoyed we don’t have returning match types that we’ve wanted for years back. War Games is nice and all but ehh. 2K have enough time at this point to impress the fans or not impress the fans. 2K22 was a huge step up from 2K20 but I meant anything would’ve been a huge step up. 2K19 still holds up well. But if many of you groundbreaking changes you need to really blame it on last gen ports imo. They need to be dropped and buried for me to fully see what potential 2K can reach. 

tbh i forget that last gen versions exist.  They make it so easy to upgrade to the new consoles now. That i jumped in early on both of them this go around.  Especially when GameStop does dumb shit like giving me $300 credit for my last gen console towards the purchase of a new one. 

I understand tho. I didn't jump to next gen during the 8th generation until 2k16. I skipped the next gen version of 2k15 completely. I was still playing Xbox 360 at the time.  There just wasn't anything on XB1/PS4 that i felt was worth me upgrading at the time.

the 360 versions of 2k15/2k16 were wonky and still had the 2k14 gameplay and features...but just more broken

2 hours ago, crazyjk4 said:

Or gets them fired and replaced with someone else, not that you aren't wrong but in this case if 2K were to fail it's not unlikely that WWE could fire 2K and look for another developer which would most likely be EA .

You sure you want EA?
You really sure?

Maybe you should ask Madden NFL/NHL/FIFA players about that. You thought MyFaction is bad under 2K....wait until EA tries it.

While I’m glad you guys can afford the latest console, I hardly agree that the current problems with the game have anything to do with it being “held back” by PS4/XB1. Held back from what? How were the games so jam packed with features, modes and match types 20 years or so ago but struggle to make the grade now? I’d like to know what portion of the budget goes towards what. Even if EA took over, working on these games requires such a specific set of skills and experience that the same people would be working on it, more or less. There is no escape from the current state of things. I say this as a person who enjoys the current gameplay. It hits different, but it doesnt necessarily hit like a wrestling game should.

Edited by A N T I -

The idea of  better off with EA handling this series is laughable, we wouldn't really be any better with them then we would be with 2K. In fact we may be worse off considering that means we'd starting all over from scratch which means everything would be either gone or heavily different well except MyFaction but probably worse.