Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

4 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

The fact there is no buckshot lariat in that video especially pisses me off. LP, much as I hate his guts, has been doing that move for a friggin year. There is no excuse to not include it.

Yeah i was just about to ask if it was in there, cause i aint looked at the entire video, just skimmed for a few moves. But damn that was one of the main new moves i was praying to see in the game and Logan has done it in all his matches, and is now using it as his finish the way it looks.

Maybe it gets added in with the DLC? thats our only hope now i guess.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

God i hope so, i loath the carry moves and how often the AI does them.  If we can make everyone stop using the combo system, the blocking and dodging system and make them stop using carry moves every other second, this is a huge gameplay improvement.

Just dying to see how this actually looks in the gameplay once you've made all the adjustments. Cause legit now the first thing once the game loads up i have to do is go into everyone's sliders from top to bottom and do all this, which is annoying but if it fixes the gameplay its worth it.

well, on launch day. Report back to tell us if u can actually stop everyone from using combos, blocks, dodges and carry moves completely

Edited by eastcoastkody

As it stands, I won't be buying this. At least not at full price. In the past I could justify roster update releases because I at least enjoyed the core gameplay but with the myriad of things I don't like about the new gameplay setup and how... half assed this update seems to me, and with much more important releases like re4r and ff16 coming this year I just cannot justify spending 80 or even more dollars on the game when they can't even be bothered to include the damn buckshot lariat.

To those looking forward to the game and buying it, enjoy. I sincerely hope you have an absolute blast. I'll join you whenever it goes on sale or someone gifts it to me or something.

Edited by CROSS-Out

Yeah, I can see what you guys mean. We have about 5 Generic Moves that you can use elsewhere & 30 New Flippy Floppy New Gen Moves. Ohh Well, at least we have those Tendency Sliders. 😆

Did anyone at the very least test to see if that stupid thigh cut off for logo placement is still there. I'm guessing not because wrestling game youtubers are useless kiss-asses the majority of the time, but still.

The skin and face texture in CAW looks much better, they’ve added some MyFaction stuff too, the DX gear and I noticed Farooqs nation hat. 

Looks like they’ve added some arm tattoos too. 

Shame we’ve lost a lot of masks - no Kalisto, Metalik etc

Looking at everything that came out today, this over delivered big time.

The AI sliders are HUGE, and I love that we can adjust or completely turn off different aspects of the gameplay. Cruiserweights don't have to do carry moves, giants don't have to come off the top rope, and I can turn instant recovery off completely. Total game changer.

MyGM got a pretty huge boost for one year of development. Mid card titles, tons of match types, infinite seasons, the new "star power" element, and the ability to adjust the starting budget. Big improvement over last year.

I'm excited to crank up stamina cost and turn down stamina recovery and see how much I can get out of the stamina system this year. Tired moves and open ended reversals are the only things I was really hoping for that they don't seem to have added.

Creation looks significantly better too. Interested to see the new "create an image" and how that might help streamline creation.

Overall, this is a lot more than I was expecting from one year of development. Can't wait for next week.

I love how in depth the AI Frequency Sliders are. It's like 2K15-2K20 Skills and Abilities except better because you can dictate not just Yes or No but how often as well. And there's things that go beyond what Skills and Abilities did like you can even decide how often they will use Strong Strikes which you can set very low for Grapplers etc.

That's what makes it so damn frustrating that the Grapple Clinches are in the game. It's the one thing that ruins the gameplay. I don't like the Button Mashing Submissions but I noticed there's a TON of new Sliders for the Submissions, as well as Pin Related Sliders too. It sucks SmackTalks didn't show ALL the General Gameplay Sliders, but here's some of it

I also am super pissed about no Body Morphing still. The new Face Templates and Skin textures rule though. I've yet to see a Video that actually shows off most of the new hairstyles, everyone keeps skipping over them but looking at the thumbnails the Males have at least a few. Only Women's one I seen for sure was Bianca's long Braid

Definitely don’t wanna come across as a downer; there’s just specific things I look for in every release. New moves and female caw mode, specifically hair. Just give me good new hair and I can handle the rest of what I gotta do. They fell short in both categories this year imo. Doesn’t mean I regret buying it. I’m still glad I did.

13 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Definitely don’t wanna come across as a downer; there’s just specific things I look for in every release. New moves and female caw mode, specifically hair. Just give me good new hair and I can handle the rest of what I gotta do. They fell short in both categories this year imo. Doesn’t mean I regret buying it. I’m still glad I did.

I agree as a Moveset Guy what we saw today was Weak Sauce but the potential of those Tendency Sliders are Game Changing. 

3 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

Did anyone at the very least test to see if that stupid thigh cut off for logo placement is still there. I'm guessing not because wrestling game youtubers are useless kiss-asses the majority of the time, but still.

The A.I. Logic alone just secured my last minute pre-order. To this day I play Fire Pro for the sheer excitement it adds. I have so many matches and setups I NOW can make happen. I’m impressed with that alone. Let’s go. It’ll also freshen up the gameplay and replay ability is extended so much from that alone. There’s also a loyalty slider for factions within certain match types where they won’t attack each other? Yeah. Let’s *censored*ing go. 

Edited by The Nerd