Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Austin3035 said:

People forget that the reflectors decide whether they want to be in the game. Have you thought maybe these guys said no Wont be the first time they said no

People on the main roster have no say in whether or not they want to be in a video game. Their likeness belongs entirely to WWE for the contracted time period. NXT is different (Andrade, Ciampa, etc). That being said, I may catch hell for saying this on like Twitter or something, but main roster wise, nobody important to the landscape of current WWE is missing this year that I can think of. Bronson Reed is hardly anyone of consequence at this time. THAT being said, why someone like Damon Kemp is in is anyone’s guess. Could come with some sweet amateur or basic type moves the game needs.

Edited by A N T I -

That's possible in some cases with the NXT and NXT UK talent but clearly Bronson was going to be in 2K22 as we seen Mocap work that hinted towards his inclusion all the way back in 2021, and the fact his model was leftover in earlier builds of 2K22 before it was patched over

If anything I think Candice got screwed over a bit more than Bronson, didn't Bronson come back in like mid december or so? If so way too late for new scan and stuff and as for using his old 2K22 model they probably could of but it's always possble they scrapped it going into 2K23. 

5 minutes ago, crazyjk4 said:

If anything I think Candice got screwed over a bit more than Bronson, didn't Bronson come back in like mid december or so? If so way too late for new scan and stuff and as for using his old 2K22 model they probably could of but it's always possble they scrapped it going into 2K23. 

Late September for LeRae I think it was. Late December for Bronson

I agree Bronson was too late, I knew this was going to happen (despite how bad he wanted to be playable in 2K22)

Edited by TheNoOneM1

I think it's probably more about things like budget and legalities than simply availability. If they finalize what they're spending money on and who they have signed, it would probably take a pretty huge opportunity to result in a change to that. None of the late returns are that big.

1 hour ago, A N T I - said:

People on the main roster have no say in whether or not they want to be in a video game. Their likeness belongs entirely to WWE for the contracted time period. NXT is different (Andrade, Ciampa, etc). That being said, I may catch hell for saying this on like Twitter or something, but main roster wise, nobody important to the landscape of current WWE is missing this year that I can think of. Bronson Reed is hardly anyone of consequence at this time. THAT being said, why someone like Damon Kemp is in is anyone’s guess. Could come with some sweet amateur or basic type moves the game needs.

main roster has a say to considering they need the permission to  add likeness in game cuz there real people

22 minutes ago, Austin3035 said:

main roster has a say to considering they need the permission to  add likeness in game cuz there real people

John Cena says “I don’t wanna be in the game”….what happens? He has no say as long as he’s a contracted WWE Superstar. I’ve lost track of what his contract is like but I’m fairly certain he’s under WWE contract until the day he retires and even after that. There’s a reason Ciampa and Andrade coincidentally made the game after they were called up. They had no say. Their say goes out the window when they sign the contract and become part of the machine.

Edited by A N T I -

People on Twitter are either upset that there aren’t enough legends, or zoomers questioning who is gonna play with the likes of Harley and Bruno. “Me all day” is the answer. Harley and Bruno being in is huge if they just…add a bunch of basic and/or old school maneuvers to go with them, which I doubt they did to the extent and depth that we’d want them to.

3 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

People on Twitter are either upset that there aren’t enough legends, or zoomers questioning who is gonna play with the likes of Harley and Bruno. “Me all day” is the answer. Harley and Bruno being in is huge if they just…add a bunch of basic and/or old school maneuvers to go with them, which I doubt they did to the extent and depth that we’d want them to.

I'm on the same page as everyone else. On One Hand I don't watch the Current Product and hoped we get a few more notable Legends in those DLC Packs. On the Other hand I could care less as long as we get solid Moves in these Packs. 🤞

27 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Any cool new moves to look forward to with these dlc's ?

I'm hoping for a quality Frankensteiner, but I thought Rey Jr would bring a springboard hurricanrana pin in 2K22 too, so it's hard to be optimistic. I think Bruno and Race might bring some good, old school fundamental moves the way Piper brought a few sleeper variations years ago. 

One thing I think would be nice is if they used the young Randy Orton as an excuse to add the one handed RKO. I know its OVW Orton and he didn't actually use the RKO at that time but still.

1 hour ago, CROSS-Out said:

One thing I think would be nice is if they used the young Randy Orton as an excuse to add the one handed RKO. I know its OVW Orton and he didn't actually use the RKO at that time but still.

Omg i'd love that, i always preferred his one arm RKO's over using both arms

The one he does on RVD at 2 seconds in is one my favorite RKO's he ever hit

Edited by J-man89

11 hours ago, SaturnT3 said:

You must have watched a different iron man match.

The DLC is what it usually is - wrestlers that could have been in the base game. People clamored for a return to packs of wrestlers for DLC, and those wrestlers had to come from somewhere. It's a case of the community (or at least some really vocal members of the community) being its own worst enemy. They insist that DLC packs will bring in people who debuted too late to make the base game, but that never happens. Everyone in the DLC debuted in 2021 or earlier.

I preordered because I liked 2K22 and think this is a solid step forward. Not everything I want out of the series, but a step in the right direction.

Thanks for spoiling the match! I haven't seen the PPV yet!! Use spoiler tags next time.