Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

8 minutes ago, snakebiteSB said:

It's less DLC than last year than by 2. Zeus is baffling though. Is it 2k's fault that DLC is that underwhelming? When you've got empty heads listening to that bunny leaker dickhead, taking his word as gospel. Telling people that stars like Carlito, Michelle McCool, Gallus, GYV/Dyad, Bronson Reed and Candice LeRae are DLC. I'm not a 2k arse licker or anything, but people feel let down by 2k because some attention seeking chancer, is telling them what they want to hear and then they blame the wrong people. And he'll be back next game and the same brain dead morons will be at his beck and call and the vicious circle will start again. 

I personally didn't believe a word that delusion said. My biggest gripe is B-Fab only being a manager and no, that's not because I think she is an amazing wrestler or a huge selling point, I just think managers should be playable. Hell, I'd love for Paul Heyman to be fully playable tbh. 

I know i'm not JUST paying for B-Fab but I hate buying what is essentially an NPC

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eastcoastkody said:

i watch a lot of wrestling.....and i have no clue who Damon Kemp or Nathan Frazer are

Both NXT, Kemp was the guy that turned on Diamond Mine but can't recall how much he's been around since

Frazer just returned to NXT in past week or so but was predominantly on NXT UK and I think he was trained by Seth Rollins, I vaguely remember that being a thing they pushed. 

I only really watch women's wrestling so apologies if this is wrong

Damon Kemp being DLC is baffling, dude has done almost nothing in NXT and is very bland, how the hell did he make DLC and Meiko didn't? She was NXT UK womens ffs and has been on NXT 2.0, Damon Kemp has had like 1 feud with The Creeds and thats been it. 

9 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

No Meiko huh? That really sucks. Sorry Anti.

It’s alright, I guess. No use in complaining about it when it isn’t gonna change anything. Hopefully they’re scanning her at Stand and Deliver. Not sure when the dev cycle begins or ends but you’d think they would be on hand for the big Mania-type events. Could be wrong. How did they get Blair but not Meiko?

One would hope the new moves list isn’t disappointing but at this point who knows? Actually, I could think of someone who does know and is being suspiciously quiet about it.. 

25 minutes ago, TheResidentRogue said:

I personally didn't believe a word that delusion said. My biggest gripe is B-Fab only being a manager and no, that's not because I think she is an amazing wrestler or a huge selling point, I just think managers should be playable. Hell, I'd love for Paul Heyman to be fully playable tbh. 

I know i'm not JUST paying for B-Fab but I hate buying what is essentially an NPC

I thought he'd have gone away after he got found out over the cover and showcase. He's never seemed credible. I've only seen him because people were RTing him onto my TL. And I was amazed of his arrogance, when getting it wrong. And people just latched onto his every word. It's like a cult for morons. :lol:

I'm sure B-Fab has had a match on Smackdown, it's baffling she's only a manager.

i can't even begin to care about the DLC.   I see no gameplay improvements. Im not hearing about gameplay improvements to the horrid backstage area in 2k22. Im not hearing about any gameplay improvements to the GM mode (which just boiled down to a match game of classes).

Gameplay and Bugs are the biggest issues with the game. Its not the DLC. Its not the roster. Not the arenas or creation stuff.

I watched a 70 min iron man match last nite. And you know how many strike combos into suplexes i saw in that 70 mins? None

You know how many lock-ups i saw?  just two in the first minute of action and then never again. How many dodges and blocks did i see? Zero

How many lock-ups to irish whip did i see? I don't believe there was any. How many Carry Move types of moves did i see? none.

I saw lots of chain wrestling. Grappling transitions. ground submission combos.  ground wrestling and technical wear down holds. I saw fighting on the apron.

Not many standing strikes or back and forth strike reversals. (unless u count that AEW i elbow you you elbow me spot thats in every AEW match) No constant back and forth momentum changes every move. Just a wrestler taking control for awhile. then the other wrestler comes back. 

that iron man match really highlights how impossible it is to have a good wrestling match against the A.I in the new gameplay. You can play against a buddy and try to replicate stuff. But CPU is a lost cause. Every match against the CPU feels exactly the same. Walk forward attack attack/reverse/sig/fin/they no sell and get up rinse repeat. Till the 3rd finisher when they finally stay down and you win

Edited by eastcoastkody

43 minutes ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

Every model should be playable like the old days but it will never happen. I would love to use announcers and security guards.

thiiiis it’s a WRESTLING game. if we can have ring announces and Linda *censored*ing McMahon can be playable in No Mercy, I don’t see why we need to have wrestlers locked as managers. 

Not to mention 2K needs to revamp the manager system as a whole because it’s god awful ☠️ Legends of Wrestling was mid but they had the best manager system we’ve ever had in a WWE game. It’s crazy Mr. Fuji, Jimmy Hart, Elizabeth, Sharmell and Sherri aren’t mainstays in the game ☠️

Edited by Glen Coco

Solid variety in the DLC, a few omissions, Meiko and Gallus probably being IMO the most head scratching but since NXT UK wrestlers always struggled to find a place in these games, I'm sure there is more behind the scenes reasons for it, hopefully with many of these acts headed to US NXT this past year, we see these names finally make it in next year.

Wish we would've gotten a playable B-Fab or at least an additional playable wrestler in that pack to make up for that, MIa or Candice could've been suitable additions IMO, but besides that, nothing much to hate about it in my eyes. Zeus in a game is wild, Harley Race seems like a HHH in charge decision too which I respect lol.

14 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

i can't even begin to care about the DLC.   I see no gameplay improvements. Im not hearing about gameplay improvements to the horrid backstage area in 2k22. Im not hearing about any gameplay improvements to the GM mode (which just boiled down to a match game of classes).

Gameplay and Bugs are the biggest issues with the game. Its not the DLC. Its not the roster. Not the arenas or creation stuff.

I watched a 70 min iron man match last nite. And you know how many strike combos into suplexes i saw in that 70 mins? None

You know how many lock-ups i saw?  just two in the first minute of action and then never again. How many dodges and blocks did i see? Zero

How many lock-ups to irish whip did i see? I don't believe there was any. How many Carry Move types of moves did i see? none.

I saw lots of chain wrestling. Grappling transitions. ground submission combos.  ground wrestling and technical wear down holds. I saw fighting on the apron.

Not many standing strikes or back and forth strike reversals. (unless u count that AEW i elbow you you elbow me spot thats in every AEW match) No constant back and forth momentum changes every move. Just a wrestler taking control for awhile. then the other wrestler comes back. 

that iron man match really highlights how impossible it is to have a good wrestling match against the A.I in the new gameplay. You can play against a buddy and try to replicate stuff. But CPU is a lost cause. Every match against the CPU feels exactly the same. Walk forward attack attack/reverse/sig/fin/they no sell and get up rinse repeat. Till the 3rd finisher when they finally stay down and you win

You must have watched a different iron man match.

The DLC is what it usually is - wrestlers that could have been in the base game. People clamored for a return to packs of wrestlers for DLC, and those wrestlers had to come from somewhere. It's a case of the community (or at least some really vocal members of the community) being its own worst enemy. They insist that DLC packs will bring in people who debuted too late to make the base game, but that never happens. Everyone in the DLC debuted in 2021 or earlier.

I preordered because I liked 2K22 and think this is a solid step forward. Not everything I want out of the series, but a step in the right direction.

Edited by SaturnT3

Frankly I still don't understand how friggin Zeus makes it in but Meiko or Bronson Reed doesn't. That just seems so... spiteful of their own product. I can't help but feel that someone in charge of DLC plans since 2K20 is an absolute buffoon.

Im going to be especially pissed off if this is their excuse to still not bother to include the sit-out axe guillotine driver that they already friggin mocapped. Just put it in the bloody game.

Edited by CROSS-Out

Outside of Candice LeRae, Mia Yim, Emma,  Bronson Reed, and after looking her up because of ANTI Meiko Satomura, this doesn't seem like too bad of a list to me. Honestly I'd get rid of Hit Row since they aren't doing anything of note since coming back and I'd put one of three listed in place but either way I think people would have still been unhappy and complain about paying for people who were in last year's base game. 

Edited by crazyjk4

Kinda wish Mr T was still in the game because it would’ve been nice to have him tag with Zeus to go against Hogan and Savage  or continue my Harlem Heat 2.0/The HeAteam that made with him and Booker T..

but idk, it’s a long shot knowing 2K but, devs said there will be some head scratching omissions with the DLC and with them saying today that they will be updated the roster all year long with playable characters, it kind of makes me think that they might patch characters like Mia, Reed & Candice or any of the removed wrestlers in with updated attires? I know they most likely are talking about MyFaction but i’m trying to remain hopeful hahahha. it would make sense because why make us pay for wrestlers we had in the last game and take up DLC spots?

Edited by Glen Coco

55 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

You must have watched a different iron man match.

No I seen the same match Kody is talking about, there wasn't any Collar and Elbows into stuff like Backbreakers, Powerbombs, no Boxing-like Punches and Dodges, and Irish Whips were performed in a regular manner.