Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Sure theres some inaccuracy's on some for certain body parts, but imo its not hugely noticeable, never bothered me in 2K22, nothing stood out so much that i always noticed it, unless you're hyper focusing in on it and comparing pictures to real life and laser focusing on it. 

So if I got a 2000 HHH CAW, a 2000 Billy Gunn CAW, and a 2000 Goldberg CAW in a Triple Threat and they all have the exact same body I would need to be laser focusing to notice?

What about FTR CAWs that are entering together, looking completely identical from the chin down? (apart from different logos and knee pads)

What about when I make PAC and he can't even be a Cruiserweight?

And after I mention the issue you share a post talking about Retro Orton having a slightly different body and 2 less wrinkles? Is that laser focusing?

8 minutes ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

So if I got a 2000 HHH CAW, a 2000 Billy Gunn CAW, and a 2000 Goldberg CAW in a Triple Threat and they all have the exact same body I would need to be laser focusing to notice?

What about FTR CAWs that are entering together, looking completely identical from the chin down? (apart from different logos and knee pads)

What about when I make PAC and he can't even be a Cruiserweight?

And after I mention the issue you share a post talking about Retro Orton having a slightly different body and 2 less wrinkles? Is that laser focusing?

No its not laser focusing to say his face looks younger, its not as little as someone's neck being slightly bigger or traps being a few inches less than it actually is, and its not as little difference as him having 2 less wrinkle the whole face is different looking, and i said nothing about his body so not sure why you're saying i was talking about his body.

Don't get hot at me for having my own opinion. You hate the body morphing being gone ok, but it don't bother me that bad.

Its not like they took it out to deprive you, they said it was causing bugs and crashes.

8 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

Do these guys really need drastically different bodies? I'd rather have a game that functions well than have a glitch fest with deeper customization. If anything, just add more preset body types.

ftraew.jpg

The_Revival_WWEjpg-JS576312561.thumb.webp.26e5aa1f8f4f808719b52f1442b5b1f4.webp

Looks different to me. Not identical 

5 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Anyone remember what finishers Cena and Batista used in OVW? i know Orton used the Overdrive and Brock used the shooting star i think.

Cena used the Protobomb (kind of like his Spin-Out Powerbomb before the 5 Knuckle Shuffle, but back then it looked more like Mark Jindrak's Mark of Excellence)

Batista still had the Sit-Out Powerbomb, but it had much cooler name: Demon Bomb

Orton didn't start using the Overdrive/O-Zone until he was called up, in OVW he used a Wheelbarrow Suplex

Brock had the Brock Buster Press (his Shooting Star Press) & the Brock Lock (which was a Side Bearhug)

14 minutes ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

The_Revival_WWEjpg-JS576312561.thumb.webp.26e5aa1f8f4f808719b52f1442b5b1f4.webp

Looks different to me. Not identical 

I'm not saying they're identical. I'm saying they're close enough for me. I don’t need 200+ body types or the ability to customize every little detail on the wrestlers' bodies. I just think they've got much bigger fish to fry in this series. I'm not losing my mind over wrestlers having inaccurate earlobes. 

11 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

No its not laser focusing to say his face looks younger, its not as little as someone's neck being slightly bigger or traps being a few inches less than it actually is, and its not as little difference as him having 2 less wrinkle the whole face is different looking, and i said nothing about his body so not sure why you're saying i was talking about his body.

Don't get hot at me for having my own opinion. You hate the body morphing being gone ok, but it don't bother me that bad.

Its not like they took it out to deprive you, they said it was causing bugs and crashes.

I'm not getting hot at you, I just think it's ironic to imply that Body Morphing is just some extreme fine detail and then sharing that Orton post. Why do you think we could adjust bodies in this series for over 20 years if that was the case? This is Wrestling, people's looks are a big part of the presentation.

If something causes bugs the bugs should be fixed, not removing the feature because it effected a game that came out in October 2019. It's been over 3 years since 2K20 came out. (I'm also pretty sure they said Advanced Entrances caused Crashes, the Body Morphing was "clipping" which is a lame excuse as clipping still happens with the Template Bodies too).

I just came on here to vent, I know they didn't do this to deprive me, but if we don't make noise about the problems these games have they're gonna just keep doing this over and over. I don't need to say something positive every single time, I can give criticism. 

30 minutes ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

I'm not getting hot at you, I just think it's ironic to imply that Body Morphing is just some extreme fine detail and then sharing that Orton post. Why do you think we could adjust bodies in this series for over 20 years if that was the case? This is Wrestling, people's looks are a big part of the presentation.

If something causes bugs the bugs should be fixed, not removing the feature because it effected a game that came out in October 2019. It's been over 3 years since 2K20 came out. (I'm also pretty sure they said Advanced Entrances caused Crashes, the Body Morphing was "clipping" which is a lame excuse as clipping still happens with the Template Bodies too).

I just came on here to vent, I know they didn't do this to deprive me, but if we don't make noise about the problems these games have they're gonna just keep doing this over and over. I don't need to say something positive every single time, I can give criticism. 

I'm just saying body types aren't that unique, they got a ton of presets that closely match any wrestler you want it to, maybe not identical but most are close enough imo.

Like Omega for example

Kenny-Omega-Upload-Banner-2-K22.jpg

05b88-16668150212103-1920.jpg

Looks pretty close imo, its a preset body but it looks great to me. Most caws by the good creators find bodys and use textures and its hard to find any problems with it.

They said it will come back at some point in one interview if i remember, i'd like it to be fixed instead of removed obviously, but i doubt it was something they could fix or they would've fixed it. Probably easier to remove it when starting the new foundation and ease it back into it with the kinks worked out at some point.

Edited by J-man89

1 hour ago, CROSS-Out said:

I cannot friggin believe there are people defending the removal of a feature. It's not a bigger fish to fry. it was already in the damn game.

Not defending it as if we wanted it gone, just understanding why it was removed, and looking at the brightside of it.

Do you think 2K seriously got together and said "Screw those fans lets remove this feature just to piss them off hahahaha" there must've been an issue with it that caused problems they couldn't fix, whether it was crashes, bugs, or whatever. 

And the quality of caws imo is still pretty damn good, and 2K23 has caws looking like in game wrestlers apparently or close to it, so i just aint that mad about it, sue me.

Edited by J-man89

I think those OVW models are just skins, not sure they will add anything in terms of moves - maybe, maybe, a new SSP for Brock but I’m doubtful. I think they will just use the moves already in the game. 

OVW didn’t have a Titantron or anything so I imagine the entrance videos will be generic, as will the music. 

The leviathan model is good, it’s a noticeable update for him, especially the head. Ortona too might be handy for a few different eras.. can’t help but feel the Brock model is just the same as his one from showcase but in the red trunks though? 

Either way, cool to have the option if you’re a fan of those guys. 

15 hours ago, flame3169118 said:

Cena used the Protobomb (kind of like his Spin-Out Powerbomb before the 5 Knuckle Shuffle, but back then it looked more like Mark Jindrak's Mark of Excellence)

Batista still had the Sit-Out Powerbomb, but it had much cooler name: Demon Bomb

Orton didn't start using the Overdrive/O-Zone until he was called up, in OVW he used a Wheelbarrow Suplex

Brock had the Brock Buster Press (his Shooting Star Press) & the Brock Lock (which was a Side Bearhug)

Thanks! yeah i never really watched their OVW stuff, but hopefully of those we get a new Brock Lock bearhug version and his specific shooting star animation. Wouldn't mind a new Batista Bomb, to me theres still not a perfect one in the game, so i'd be hyped to get a new one.

Edited by J-man89

To me,  I rather they add new body hair options over body morphing. We’ve had the same shitty ones since it seems like the PS2 era. Seeing everyone with the same body hair is more annoying to me. And the ones we have aren’t even good in the first place.