Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RyanCE said:

Right. My point is that if you invite people to guess some people will inevitably guess wrong. 

I kinda wish they revealed this ages ago and then periodically made reveals of what clue meant who. (and did so regularly, not at random)

As everyone has said, yes it's fun to speculate/guess but then there are people who so badly want to believe something they will convince themselves a clue means one thing and then be very disappointed when it's not so it's definitely risky. 

@A N T I - I've literally scoured twitter to find some semblance of a clue for Meiko (among others) and the biggest reach I've found is apparently the phrase 'in red' can be seen so someone thinks that could be Meiko. 

I hope they reveal it all next week tbh

10 minutes ago, TheResidentRogue said:

I kinda wish they revealed this ages ago and then periodically made reveals of what clue meant who. (and did so regularly, not at random)

As everyone has said, yes it's fun to speculate/guess but then there are people who so badly want to believe something they will convince themselves a clue means one thing and then be very disappointed when it's not so it's definitely risky. 

@A N T I - I've literally scoured twitter to find some semblance of a clue for Meiko (among others) and the biggest reach I've found is apparently the phrase 'in red' can be seen so someone thinks that could be Meiko. 

I hope they reveal it all next week tbh

Best thing I could come up with was that the record is a different color from the rest of the newspaper. Could be representative of the Japanese flag like GuntherMark pointed out, but it’s also the color of a sunrise and looks like a sunrise if you look at the division in the middle of the record. Meiko is from the land of the rising sun. It’s a stretch but if they’ve finally got her scanned now and wanted to include her in the very last pack, you’d have no complaints from me. 

Credit:pwinsider

Next week, join 2K Games and 2K NextMakers for an in-depth look at each game mode coming in WWE 2K23. Kicking off Tuesday, March 7, WWE 2K social media channels and 2K NextMakers will be rolling out information and content for fan-favorite game modes and features including MyGM, Creation Suite, MyRISE, MyFACTION, Universe Mode and more!

Content Dates:

Characters, Environment, Play & Creation Suite: Tuesday, March 7;

MyFACTION & MyRISE: Wednesday, March 8;

Universe Mode & MyGM: Thursday, March 9;

2K Showcase: Friday, March 10.

Additionally, join UpUpDownDown host Austin Creed (a.k.a. WWE Superstar Xavier Woods) with former WWE Superstar and in-game playable Manager Tyler Breeze for a special first-look at MyGM updates and improvements, Tuesday, March 7 on YouTube.

To follow along for all these exciting WWE 2K23 reveals and more, visit the game’s official website, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe on YouTube. Official campaign hashtags #WWE2K23 and #EvenStronger

this is the norm for 2k though. NBA 2K is their flagship product, and the marketing on it is weak as well. Marketing is marketing.  It can always be better.  But, companies have a way they do things, might not make sense to us but it does to them. Also do none of you remember when there was like maby a magazine article or a tv spot for the game, you got it becaue you wanted it. you either want something regardless of how little info there is at the time, the cost, ect or you dont. Its that simple. 

Edited by Rekka_No_Ryo

Yeah 2K marketing has always sucked even going back to 2K15, where most of the hype seemed towards the graphics really.  Even NBA marketing isn't any great, on the other side though AEW and their marketing for their game isn't good either so maybe it's just a wrestling thing.

3 minutes ago, Rekka_No_Ryo said:

what makes you think they are not ?

Just assuming he's referring to the rumor of them taking custom face textures away cause of the upgraded skin textures they put in the game on caws. But i never believed that for a second, that would literally kill create a wrestler and drive away a huge portion of their customers. 

Because there's a noted pattern in these games of improvements coinciding with removal of freedom and features, that's all. I refuse to get my hopes up till I see the mode for myself.

1 hour ago, CROSS-Out said:

Because there's a noted pattern in these games of improvements coinciding with removal of freedom and features, that's all. I refuse to get my hopes up till I see the mode for myself.

Yup, its not the first time they add stuff while removing other stuff.
When they talked about all the new templates or what it was for the faces, people of course were worried that it would mean Face Textures would be gone.
Thankfully they said this would still be in, but people just worry something had to be removed because that is kind of the pattern with the series.

Either way, i dont think that they got rid of the problems the creation suite has for 10+ years and people every year ask them to remove.
The Logo fading etc will still be in and all...the usual annoying stuff that makes Creating caws unnecessary tedious.