Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

59 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Bryan's the one who actually wants to get indy moves in the game, moves from NJPW, AEW, Impact etc, he's been a godsend for the moves in the games.

i doubt he is the sole reason. But i recognize that he probably had a lot of influence in that. That said, i am probably alone on an island with my view, that i dont care much about indy or Japanese moves. I would 9 times out of 10 prefer to just get a move for someone thats already on the roster, or a move for a legend.

But i also do recognize that those indy and japanese moves from the moves packs, ended up working out substantially. Since WWE eventually signed like all of those people that the moves belonged to.  At the time though, it was hard for me to justify them putting in moves for someone like Hirooki Goto. When theres still hundreds of moves like John Cena's Fallaway Stunner or Floatover Sitout Powerbomb are still not in the game.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Motown Saint said:

I agreed Kody. While we did get some great moves, the accuracy of the movesets dropped off in a major way. It makes you wonder what exactly what was going on. I know Andrew Everett (Yes. That Andrew Everett) said they are under a lot of pressure, but even then, it's not hard to have someone check over everything. That's basically why 2k20 was such a disaster 

yeh the accuracy of the movesets, fell off a fckn cliff when Bryan Williams supposedly took over.  I can see what he did. He just used a handful of presets. applied them to everyone. And then assigned like a handful of easily recognizable signature type of moves that the wrestlers uses. And left everything else default.

which isn't the worst idea in the world. But the problem is that instead of using presets that make sense. And are full of very generic basic moves, that any wrestler might do. He chose very specific moves like the Flaotover Neckbreaker (as opposed to just a normal running neckbreaker). Which how many ppl in ALL OF PRO WRESTLING have you seen do a floatover neckbreaker?? Maybe One? Just Kazarian. So in what world would someone choose that to be a default move to give everyone. 

That tells me you either don't care, or your just not using your brain to do stuff like that.

another thing i've said before, that i will say again. When you have people like Kane, Undertaker, John Cena, Randy Orton etc...in your game every single year for 20 years. Call me crazy but i expect those movesets to be perfect. You've had 20 years to figure that out

On 2/18/2023 at 2:12 AM, J-man89 said:

I just want an accurate version of this Kane

155-1556689_kane-wwe-wwe-funny-wrestling-trunks-athlete-bathing.png

They attempted him in 2K22 but put no effort into it and used current Kane's face and it looked  terrible and nothing like Kane's face in 2003. 

Yeah, what they did to him last year was so disgraceful it wasn't even funny. God Damn, I know the man's supposed to be ugly but not Old Man Freddy Krueger Ugly. 😄

I don't think a roster of 200+ people is ever going to be 100% accurate in an annual title. They were able to do details like Rock having his own punches when the roster was significantly smaller. As many wrestlers as they have to deal with these days, there's never going to be the same level of detail.

hope we get some info tomorrow

i was just watching the new episode of Rivals on A&E (Hogan/Andre), and it got me wishing 2K would give us early 80's babyface Andre with the big wild hair in addition to heel Andre they give us.

Edited by Mr.Dreadful

5 hours ago, Malonik said:

Yeah, what they did to him last year was so disgraceful it wasn't even funny. God Damn, I know the man's supposed to be ugly but not Old Man Freddy Krueger Ugly. 😄

Yeah the shape of his head, the face and everything was inaccurate on that 2K22 model.

The tights was the only good thing from that model, was so great having those tights in the game for the first time since Smackdown vs Raw 2010, i believe thats the last time Kane had those tights in a game.

Edited by J-man89

2 hours ago, SaturnT3 said:

I don't think a roster of 200+ people is ever going to be 100% accurate in an annual title. They were able to do details like Rock having his own punches when the roster was significantly smaller. As many wrestlers as they have to deal with these days, there's never going to be the same level of detail.

I agree from a Moveset POV, they should get back to the Basics and add In Positions that were removed over the years. Moves that are sorely missed like a Basic  Hammerlock, Working a Headlock (As a Move/Position) and other generic moves that to this very day we don't have.  Back to your statement about a 200+ Roster being the issue, I see where you're coming from but let's not bullshit each other. They Copy and Poste Half the Roster or More, every single year so I don't get why they couldn't work on a handful of Legends/Other Wrestlers every single year until everyone's happy. I would think  this is a plausible solution, If they wanted to do this.  If I'm wrong and our "Friend"  would like to shed some light on the matter I'd love to hear his POV and the real grind of a annual game. Until, then I will believe what I want to.  

15 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah the shape of his head, the face and everything was inaccurate on that 2K22 model. The tights was the only good thing from that model, was so great having those tights in the game.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Model 2K Paid someone hard earned money to do  VS  The Edit a PC Modder did. 

1 hour ago, Malonik said:

maxresdefault.jpg

The Model 2K Paid someone hard earned money to do  VS  The Edit a PC Modder did. 

Yeah its ridiculous that some dude in his bedroom can get on his computer and make a better model than the actual game developers at a huge gaming company can make whoa are getting paid thousands to do it..

I swear in 2K22 he looked like Kingpin

intro-1640198740.jpg

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah its ridiculous that some dude in his bedroom can get on his computer and make a better model than the actual game developers at a huge gaming company can make whoa are getting paid thousands to do it..

I swear in 2K22 he looked like Kingpin

intro-1640198740.jpg

Yeah, that's  Pretty Darn Close. 😆  

One of the best things about HCTP was the way they built in specific punches and set ups for the likes of Triple H, Taker and Rock amongst others. It made you feel like you were playing with that superstar and not like it does currently where you’re basically changing the skin of your character but doing the same moves in the same style of match. 

It was the little touches to superstars that made it play so well. 

20 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

I cannot fathom people defending Bryan Williams over.. well, you see him right there.

WIlliams was part of the damn problem in the THQ era, our friend here has stuck around despite all the insanity.

I will NEVER forget about Lyin Williams' lies with the removed moves bullshit. Then he went on a rant when his lies were exposed.

Did we get any info on Universe mode? I read somewhere that you can decide how feuds play out...?

Brock 03 is just reminding me of HCTP and I hate that, lol. 

4 hours ago, Oscar22 said:

One of the best things about HCTP was the way they built in specific punches and set ups for the likes of Triple H, Taker and Rock amongst others. It made you feel like you were playing with that superstar and not like it does currently where you’re basically changing the skin of your character but doing the same moves in the same style of match. 

It was the little touches to superstars that made it play so well. 

This is so true, and it's something that's always in the back of my mind when I come across 2k news. The Rock, for example, had his own version of the spinebuster and DDT, wrestlers had their own fighting stance, and overalls amounted to something. 

4 hours ago, Graeme Jones said:

I will NEVER forget about Lyin Williams' lies with the removed moves bullshit. Then he went on a rant when his lies were exposed.

THQ seemed more upset that whoever was supposed to remove the moves, just locked them and left them on the disc. Then being concerned that we weren't happy with them removing like half of the moves in the game. 

what a shame. Because SvR 2011 was actually a good game. It just sucked because there were no damn moves. Which made everyone play the same

3 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

THQ seemed more upset that whoever was supposed to remove the moves, just locked them and left them on the disc. Then being concerned that we weren't happy with them removing like half of the moves in the game. 

what a shame. Because SvR 2011 was actually a good game. It just sucked because there were no damn moves. Which made everyone play the same

SVR 11 was also the game that they removed the skin colour wheel, which took 2 games to put back in. Their excuses for taking it out were as follows:

1: An oversight, should've been in
2: It'll be added back in WWE '12
3: They removed it due to nude CAWs online

Those were posted on here by Marcus Stephenson. Hell, they even removed the transparency setting!

Anyway, I want to see a video dedicated to all the new and updated moves! Yes I do.

2 hours ago, liontamer* said:

Did we get any info on Universe mode? I read somewhere that you can decide how feuds play out...?

Brock 03 is just reminding me of HCTP and I hate that, lol. 

This is so true, and it's something that's always in the back of my mind when I come across 2k news. The Rock, for example, had his own version of the spinebuster and DDT, wrestlers had their own fighting stance, and overalls amounted to something. 

Yeah, the Rock had specific punches that knocked people down, they bounced back up and he could pop them again. I remember Taker had his grapples start with grabs toward the neck and pulling them in for knees etc, Triple H had power punches that looked exactly like his own… and they were all animated to connect properly. 

It’s the difference between good, and great games. Those great games always had the attention to detail that showed you the developers wanted it to feel different and authentic when you used the Rock or a similar well known wrestler. 

16 hours ago, Malonik said:

I agree from a Moveset POV, they should get back to the Basics and add In Positions that were removed over the years. Moves that are sorely missed like a Basic  Hammerlock, Working a Headlock (As a Move/Position) and other generic moves that to this very day we don't have.  Back to your statement about a 200+ Roster being the issue, I see where you're coming from but let's not bullshit each other. They Copy and Poste Half the Roster or More, every single year so I don't get why they couldn't work on a handful of Legends/Other Wrestlers every single year until everyone's happy. I would think  this is a plausible solution, If they wanted to do this.  If I'm wrong and our "Friend"  would like to shed some light on the matter I'd love to hear his POV and the real grind of a annual game. Until, then I will believe what I want to.  

That doesn't really conflict with my point, though. If the roster wasn't so big, they wouldn't have to copy and paste half the roster. If the roster was half as big, they could work on the entire roster every year. Everyone is talking about the level of detail in HCTP, but HCTP had a roster of 65 wrestlers. If 2K23 had 65 wrestlers, they could theoretically spend 3 times as much time on each wrestler. 

I also don't think the day "everyone is happy" is coming. No matter what they focus on, there will always be people annoyed they didn't focus on something else.

38 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

That doesn't really conflict with my point, though. If the roster wasn't so big, they wouldn't have to copy and paste half the roster. If the roster was half as big, they could work on the entire roster every year. Everyone is talking about the level of detail in HCTP, but HCTP had a roster of 65 wrestlers. If 2K23 had 65 wrestlers, they could theoretically spend 3 times as much time on each wrestler. 

I also don't think the day "everyone is happy" is coming. No matter what they focus on, there will always be people annoyed they didn't focus on something else.

I agree with much of the point you’re making and it’s definitely a fair point, a larger roster could mean less time is spent on each wrestler. 

I think it’s also worth keeping in mind though  HCTP is twenty years old. They’ve got infinitely better hardware, better use of disk space and just everything they need to put a bit more effort in to the details. 

It’s a fiat point you make about time being spent, but I also feel that considering we had some of this level of detail 20 years ago some of it could have easily been carried forward to today. It’s not massive stuff, I’m just suggesting that Kane shouldn’t stand in the same stance as Austin, and some moves and strikes could be more suited to look like the actual ones done by those superstars, especially when they could basically copy the animations from twenty years ago and they’re already spot on. 

I mean we still have moves in the game that haven’t been reanimated since yukes made them. 

Yeah they'll never be able to please everyone due to people wanting different things for wrestling games. Some want a faster arcade pace game, and some want a simulation wrestling game, and before anyone brings up 2K19 I'll just say while 2K19 is great it still took them 4 games to get to where 19 is and before how bad 2k20 was it definitely wasn't getting as much praise as it was back then and I feel like people would have gotten bored or tired of it had they keep everything the same as 19.