Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

I feel like we shouldn’t get too excited about models until we see them after this Lita incident. Worried about Bruno..

Eh legend models are always kind of neglected/half assed, they usually don't screw up with showcase models or current roster guys.

Edited by J-man89

6 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Eh legend models are always kind of neglected/half assed, they usually don't screw up with showcase models or current roster guys.

I dunno, even AJ Styles looks kinda jacked up in every clip I’ve seen of the Showcase model. Hopefully it’s just the facial expressions.

1 hour ago, judas priest superstar said:

OVW probably has a different entrance, slight  moveset difference (i.e. SSP as a finisher) and far lower stats  I figure

i’m pretty sure he wrestled in a singlet too? or atleast he was when he was tagging with Shelton

EDIT: wait i’m dumb lmao he’s getting his red trunk attire most likely

Edited by Glen Coco

I've seen people on Twitter anticipating Barrett in a bonus match, but I'm not sure any kind of bonus match has been announced for the Showcase. Have I missed something?

With so much talk about not playing as the same wrestler in this year's Showcase, I'm surprised to see them double dip with Brock, Edge, and Undertaker. Also surprised they didn't do Cena vs Owens. Seems like an easy one given their roster options.

I’m actually entertained by how often Lynell admits that their previous year’s work was trash but NOW it’s supposed to be different.

He hyped up 2K20 like it was this great thing that they had all this creative freedom and now he admits they released a game they weren’t proud of. Now he admits caws were never on par with in-game models. How many other things in between did he admit weren’t great after the fact? He basically said he knew Universe was trash and a victim of neglect now that they supposedly are using the MyRise engine for that, whatever that means.

I should be clear. I like Lynell and im sure he’s a passionate guy regarding what he does and im sure he works with really talented folks who try their best. I just feel like we’re due for some sort of downgrade and him saying “We decided quality was more important than quantity, y’all! That’s why the roster is smaller this year..” only for the models to still look trashy in the end or something like that. Lol.

Edited by A N T I -

17 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

I’m actually entertained by how often Lynell admits that their previous year’s work was trash but NOW it’s supposed to be different.

He hyped up 2K20 like it was this great thing that they had all this creative freedom and now he admits they released a game they weren’t proud of. Now he admits caws were never on par with in-game models. How many other things in between did he admit weren’t great after the fact? He basically said he knew Universe was trash and a victim of neglect now that they supposedly are using the MyRise engine for that, whatever that means.

I should be clear. I like Lynell and im sure he’s a passionate guy regarding what he does and im sure he works with really talented folks who try their best. I just feel like we’re due for some sort of downgrade and him saying “We decided quality was more important than quantity, y’all! That’s why the roster is smaller this year..” only for the models to still look trashy in the end. Lol.

Quality vs quantity is something that had been debated for years on the official forums. It always goes the same way. Before they start dropping info about the game, a lot of the community insists "more is better!" and that there's "no reason" they can't get people who debuted 3 months ago into the base game. Then the info drops start and everyone complains about the level of quality. People were even doing that over Lita already this year. People bring up the old SVR game that she looked so much better in and neglect to mention that the roster for that game was like 70 people. As big as these rosters are I'm surprised more models aren't that low in quality. I'd take a smaller roster with more time put into each wrestler any day, but this community always demands the games keep getting bigger. I'd much rather they get better.

39 minutes ago, TheResidentRogue said:

I thought they've been saying the roster is bigger, not smaller?

I didn’t mean this year; I meant that in a future release I bet he will admit the models weren’t as good as they could be and basically trash every previous 2K release just to hype the current one and make you think it’s this giant leap forward. Then when it’s time to show proof of this and we get a preview of a new model, it’ll STILL be jacked up like Lita’s and we’ll be on these forums wondering what the hell happened. Lol

Edited by A N T I -

good news. for people that like bad news. 

Unless 2k scraps everything....and starts over. With a concerted effort to replicate actual WWE and the matches.  We are doomed. As far as WWE wrestling games go. 

We are left with a game that doesn't play like a real wrestling match. Entrances that no longer look like the actual entrances.  No noticeable effort towards making the game bug free and finally addressing the glitch that wipes ur save.. thats existed for a decade. Camera angles and replays that no longer work or attempt to look like how it is on TV.

good news the AEW game is coming. Bad news about that is its the first game. And the sequel will be the one to address whatever issues we will have with Fight Forever. But that games 5 years down the road maybe.

5 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

I thought they already signed a long term deal?
Wasnt there this photo of WWE people and 2k people in an office signing something?

Anyway, no surprise and not really bad news.
Bad news only if the partnership stays the same as it is right now.
Because this is not enough and shouldnt be enough.

More money needs to flow into the game, more people need to work on them etc.
We cant continue with these half assed full price updates...we need bigger steps forward.