Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

6 minutes ago, Jeb ★ said:

Not a single Bad Bunny or Poppy song gotta be cap

Most of Bad Bunny’s music isn’t appropriate for a WWE2K game. “Booker T” was like the only one really. Lol. And I don’t know if Poppy has released anything new this year. They haven’t brought her back into the NXT fold again yet. So I dunno, people are treating it as legit.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

For those in to the know:

Looking at the roster,which new moves should we expect?

Cody having both a front and rear version of Cross Rhodes gives me hope that they've done a pretty extensive job fleshing movesets out, at least as far as top level people goes. I'm hoping Bruno leads to some new basic wrestling moves, and I'm hoping the new finisher positions lead to things like a non-canned Vader Bomb and such. Most of the NXT wrestlers added are move about character than wrestling, so I'm not terribly optimistic about what they'll bring. I'd love to be surprised, though!

I'm very curious to see how they do Grayson Waller's finisher, i'd imagine the only way to do it is as a stunned against the ropes grapple where you sling them into the middle of the ring and jump outta the ring and roll in and hit the Stunner.

Although it would be very cool if you could do it as a running finisher when outside the ring and the opponent is inside and you do the roll in and hit the Stunner, but i don't see that happening.

Edited by J-man89

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

I'm very curious to see how they do Grayson Waller's finisher, i'd imagine the only way to do it is as a stunned against the ropes grapple where you sling them into the middle of the ring and jump outta the ring and roll in and hit the Stunner.

Although it would be very cool if you could do it as a running finisher when outside the ring and the opponent is inside and you do the roll in and hit the Stunner, but i don't see that happening.

Nah I see it being a corner move

1 hour ago, SaturnT3 said:

Cody having both a front and rear version of Cross Rhodes gives me hope that they've done a pretty extensive job fleshing movesets out, at least as far as top level people goes. I'm hoping Bruno leads to some new basic wrestling moves, and I'm hoping the new finisher positions lead to things like a non-canned Vader Bomb and such. Most of the NXT wrestlers added are move about character than wrestling, so I'm not terribly optimistic about what they'll bring. I'd love to be surprised, though!

Out of curiosity, where was it confirmed Rhodes has a new cross Rhodes from behind? As far as I've seen every single video has him hitting it from the front.

34 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

Out of curiosity, where was it confirmed Rhodes has a new cross Rhodes from behind? As far as I've seen every single video has him hitting it from the front.

I think it is not yet confirmed if the Cross Rhodes from behind is new. It is just shown from his moves menu that he has Front and Rear Cross Rhodes.

1 minute ago, black_machismo said:

I think it is not yet confirmed if the Cross Rhodes from behind is new. It is just shown from his moves menu that he has Front and Rear Cross Rhodes.

Hopefully it is new, as the old ones animation was great for the time but hasn't aged all that well.

More importantly GIMME THE DAMN NEW MOVES VIDEO 2K

9 hours ago, A N T I - said:

Most of Bad Bunny’s music isn’t appropriate for a WWE2K game. “Booker T” was like the only one really. Lol. And I don’t know if Poppy has released anything new this year. They haven’t brought her back into the NXT fold again yet. So I dunno, people are treating it as legit.

"Isn't appropriate"

Joyner Lucas is on this new soundtrack, allegedly. And "Booker T" being included in 2k22 was a very clean version. 2K can use any song they want to.

C'mon now.........

2 hours ago, xphen0m said:

"Isn't appropriate"

Joyner Lucas is on this new soundtrack, allegedly. And "Booker T" being included in 2k22 was a very clean version. 2K can use any song they want to.

C'mon now.........

It isn’t just about bad words. They can edit any song they want to, you’re right. It’s the content of his music. Most of his songs are about how horny he is, aren’t they? Lol. It wouldn’t make sense for a WWE2K game, whereas, in “Booker T” he’s confidently going on about how great he is, which is perfect for a 2K game.

The soundtrack has made its way into more reputable sites so it looks like it’s legit. Stoked to see Idles finally making it on a soundtrack since they’re obviously wrestling fans if you listen to some of their music where they name drop wrestlers.

2 hours ago, A N T I - said:

It isn’t just about bad words. They can edit any song they want to, you’re right. It’s the content of his music. Most of his songs are about how horny he is, aren’t they? Lol. It wouldn’t make sense for a WWE2K game, whereas, in “Booker T” he’s confidently going on about how great he is, which is perfect for a 2K game.

The soundtrack has made its way into more reputable sites so it looks like it’s legit. Stoked to see Idles finally making it on a soundtrack since they’re obviously wrestling fans if you listen to some of their music where they name drop wrestlers.

Joyner Lucas' songs have WAY more racy content than that. What you describe from Bad Bunny is Disney movies compared to Joyner's usual M.O.

Edited by xphen0m

Welp. If ya didn’t catch today’s 2K Showdown, you didn’t miss much, unless you really wanted to see Cora Jade and Lita. Lita ain’t looking so good from what I saw, and it’s the same weird looking entrance from years prior, only sped up in the middle to look even weirder. I really wished they had mocapped a new entrance for her that doesn’t look so funny. I may need a closer look at Lita’s model because I didn’t like what I saw there.

Edit- You be the judge…

7-D279-D87-9288-4-F25-8204-5-E0-E32-F161

Edited by A N T I -

10 minutes ago, Jmerc said:

That god damn attire….

I hate to say it but It's laziness, plain and simple. I don't care what anyone says they've stuck to that horrendous looking attire for a decade or more, never bothering to try to replicate her original look. (At least THQ used to fill in the gaps) Its the definition of insanity boys/girls but "Ohh Well"