Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My memory is a little off,but I seem to remember that we didn't get to know the dlc packs until AFTER the game was out last year??

We knew the pre order bonusen but not what the dlc packs consisted of?

I also remember someone downloaded the game and the names of the dlc packs was included...

Am I old and confussed?

1 hour ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

I’m surprised Jake Roberts has never been removed. Even with his AEW stint

Probably had a multi-game deal. BTW, Didn't RVD or someone else appear in a WWE game(All-Stars maybe) while under contract to TNA years ago?

1 hour ago, Monarch98 said:

Probably had a multi-game deal. BTW, Didn't RVD or someone else appear in a WWE game(All-Stars maybe) while under contract to TNA years ago?

SvR 11, and I believe the deal was made with THQ before he signed to Impact.

1 hour ago, A N T I - said:

Im still curious what the “Nostalgia” deal Billy Graham signed entails. He should be in a game or two as well but I don’t think he’s in anything besides having an action figure. No Supercard I don’t think, no Champions, etc.Was he even in Allstars?

i don't really know how it works. I know legends contracts encompass shirts, toys, videogames. But i do believe that they still have to pay them individually? Maybe its just cheaper than it would cost if the deal wasn't in place? I know for the action figures they are not allowed to work with any legends that are not under a deal. But videogame ppl can work with ppl that do not have any deals with WWE. Like when Savio Vega, Tatsumi Fujinami, Mikey Whipwreck, Haku and Rock-n-Roll express were all in the games. But didn't get any other type of merch or product.

So 2k definitely has had access to Billy Graham for years. They just either didn't make him an offer for the game, or didn't think the price was worth it.  Mattel announced Steiner Brothers action figures a couple months ago. So 100% they will be DLC for 2k23 imo

other ppl that are under WWE contracts, that 2k would have access too are

Harley Race, Bob Backlund, Lex Luger, Paul Orndorff, Ken Shamrock, Junk Yard Dog, Headshrinkers, Zeus, Warlord, Big John Studd, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Natural Disasters, Bob Orton, iron Shiek, Honky Tonk Man, Mabel, Terry Funk, Michael PS Hayes, 

9 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

i don't really know how it works. I know legends contracts encompass shirts, toys, videogames. But i do believe that they still have to pay them individually? Maybe its just cheaper than it would cost if the deal wasn't in place? I know for the action figures they are not allowed to work with any legends that are not under a deal. But videogame ppl can work with ppl that do not have any deals with WWE. Like when Savio Vega, Tatsumi Fujinami, Mikey Whipwreck, Haku and Rock-n-Roll express were all in the games. But didn't get any other type of merch or product.

So 2k definitely has had access to Billy Graham for years. They just either didn't make him an offer for the game, or didn't think the price was worth it.  Mattel announced Steiner Brothers action figures a couple months ago. So 100% they will be DLC for 2k23 imo

Yeah I can’t wait to see the Steiners hopefully. Graham is a tough one. His attitude toward WWE can stink at times, it’s hard to find good references of his attires as far as I know because I’ve made him several times, not even JoeMashups could make a good Graham face but he tried. I got it right back in like 2011 or something using only caw mode; not to toot my own horn but it’s true. If I could do it back then, they can definitely do it now. Just a matter of how much money they’d have to pay Graham and whether that’s enough for him. He isn’t exactly a game seller on his own, but all the old champions should be in there, regardless of how over they are with today’s fanbase. They can learn about them like I did when I was a kid. 

25 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

other ppl that are under WWE contracts, that 2k would have access too are

Harley Race, Bob Backlund, Lex Luger, Paul Orndorff, Ken Shamrock, Junk Yard Dog, Headshrinkers, Zeus, Warlord, Big John Studd, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Natural Disasters, Bob Orton, iron Shiek, Honky Tonk Man, Mabel, Terry Funk, Michael PS Hayes, 

Harley Race, Bob Backlund, Jim Duggan, Natural Disasters, Iron Sheik should all be in there imo, especially Backlund and Sheik being former WWE world champions.

Really hope Harley Race is in a pack but Meiko Satomura is my #1. She encapsulates the entire world of joshi that I’ve been working so hard as a creator to see represented in the games, alongside Iyo Sky. She makes the game and I’m happy.

I remember shedding some tears when Kairi Sane made the game for the first time because it was a huge victory for Stardom and Stardom creators.  Now we’ve got Iyo, but Meiko is just the Final Boss man.

Edited by A N T I -

I think the action figures/Supercard = inclusion in this series talking point is overblown. I think the Steiners have a great chance of being DLC because I think they'd be a great selling point, and I think most of the others listed are probably unlikely because they probably wouldn't sell well. I'm not opposed to anyone being in, but that's generally how that goes. On the other hand, Bruno was a big surprise to me. I'm wondering if he's a "dream match" at the end of the Cena Showcase and that's why they included him. Highly doubtful, but if they are doing that I'd like to see it include a retro MSG arena. Anything to break the modern WWE arena mold.

It’s kind of hard to say certain legends aren’t gonna sell well when there’s a whole contingent of the fanbase that say there aren’t enough legends and use that as a reason to skip the latest release. The old WWE champions should be in every game if we’re gonna mirror what’s successful and what works for the hugely popular NBA2K franchise. Like I personally get it to play with the ‘95 Bulls for example. Bruno is a part of what is selling me on this release, roster-wise. That’s like saying they cut Flair because he doesn’t determine whether people will buy the games anymore.

5 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

It’s kind of hard to say certain legends aren’t gonna sell well when there’s a whole contingent of the fanbase that say there aren’t enough legends and use that as a reason to skip the latest release. The old WWE champions should be in every game if we’re gonna mirror what’s successful and what works for the hugely popular NBA2K franchise. Like I personally get it to play with the ‘95 Bulls for example. Bruno is a part of what is selling me on this release, roster-wise. That’s like saying they cut Flair because he doesn’t determine whether people will buy the games anymore.

How big is that contingent, though? 2K know who gets used and who doesn't. They know how many people actually use Flair. If it's a small enough number, that could absolutely be a reason they cut him. To be clear, I'm not arguing against anyone's inclusion. I'm just saying that's the most logical explanation to why so many alumni have been cut over the past several years, and a good reason to keep expectations low when it comes to alumni. If wrestlers from the 90s aren't making the cut, wrestlers from the 70s are probably even more unlikely. I'd love to be wrong, but that's been the case historically.

27 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

How big is that contingent, though? 2K know who gets used and who doesn't. They know how many people actually use Flair. If it's a small enough number, that could absolutely be a reason they cut him. To be clear, I'm not arguing against anyone's inclusion. I'm just saying that's the most logical explanation to why so many alumni have been cut over the past several years, and a good reason to keep expectations low when it comes to alumni. If wrestlers from the 90s aren't making the cut, wrestlers from the 70s are probably even more unlikely. I'd love to be wrong, but that's been the case historically.

Yeah I can see where a Harley Race may not necessarily be a game changer at the box office or even someone as perpetually over as Jim Duggan…they would just be nice to have. 

The way I see it, there’s most of the fanbase, including us on these forums, who are probably mostly gonna buy the game regardless. What about those who aren’t? What about those who are on the fence? That’s where you pad your roster with legends and with celebrities in hopes to get extra eyes on the product that previously wouldn’t have been there, and if you’re lucky it equates to sales, like I think Bad Bunny will be a fairly good seller this year. They did a great job with the 5 DLC packs last year I feel. Hope it does nothing but get even better.

Edited by A N T I -

46 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Yeah I can see where a Harley Race may not necessarily be a game changer at the box office or even someone as perpetually over as Jim Duggan…they would just be nice to have. 

The way I see it, there’s most of the fanbase, including us on these forums, who are probably mostly gonna buy the game regardless. What about those who aren’t? What about those who are on the fence? That’s where you pad your roster with legends and with celebrities in hopes to get extra eyes on the product that previously wouldn’t have been there, and if you’re lucky it equates to sales, like I think Bad Bunny will be a fairly good seller this year. They did a great job with the 5 DLC packs last year I feel. Hope it does nothing but get even better.

Yeah, I'm just going by what they've done in the past. I'd love some old school wrestlers just because I think there are a lot of old school fundamental moves the series has lacked for years. I'm just keeping my expectations in check.