Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

Same here I make my own e-fed with caws, custom arenas, titles, etc. I have my own history of titles, wins & loses, and records,  I use about maybe 20 to 30% of the main roster and it's mostly of guys I'm a fan of like Roman (didn't use him much back in 15-16 or so but since he's gone heel and his head of the table gimmick he's won me over), Kurt Angle, Gunter,  Cena, Styles, maybe a new debut who has a really  good moveset or so. I tend not to use legends, wrestlers who have retired or can't really wrestle anymore and or people who have died well at least not in my universe mode and stuff like that. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

I would temper expectations on that for now. I remember one year they said Paul Heyman helped with a lot of universe mode storylines and everyone lost their shit and in the end it was really nothing.

Creative Director Lyndell is basically saying that they made sure Universe Mode was JUST as good as MyRise if not.....Better? I don't exactly know how I am supposed to take that in... It's possible to have two lead "singers" in a group metaphorically speaking but MyRise should NOT be treated as a "duplicate" version of Universe Mode. I do not want to go into MyRise feeling like I am playing Universe Mode except now I have to build my character up from the bottom. Until I see previews and exclusive info based on MyRise standing out on it's own two feet, I will keep my suspicions.

1 hour ago, JasonKortare said:

WWE 2K23 Creative Director says that Universe Mode will have the same creative engine as MYRISE......SERIOUSLY? O_O

It could be that I'm tired as F but not sure if this is positive or negative...lol

If WWE Creators have to sacrifice one game mode just to make the other one better? I say just remove one of those modes. Quality will always be better over Quantity. I know good and well that they wouldn't sacrifice MyRise just to re-build Universe Mode. I know that MyRise wasn't as impactful in 2K22 as they had hoped but being able to import your own CAW into MyRise automatically adds POINTS on the scoreboard.

We need a Career Mode that isn't lame lol.

Anyone know if theres a new Stomp for Rollins? Cause my god he's had the same terrible animated Stomps since as long as i can remember, probably since his first appearance in the games. It needs reanimated badly cause it looks nothing like how he does it, and it needs a pin combo.

Speaking of lists, how many superstars can we expect in WWE 2K23?

LJ: The only thing I can say is it's more than 2K22. If we keep going at this rate, 2K24 will have even more, because WWE keeps signing a ton of talent. A lot of familiar faces are coming back to WWE that I'm excited about. Cody being one of them for 2K23. We have DLC plans we haven't announced yet that I think are going to make people really happy. The future's bright.

You also mentioned DLC plans. Any hint as to what players can expect?

LJ: People will be happy. I will say if you look at our main roster when we do our roster reveals, there will be some omissions on there that you'll be scratching your head about, but just wait and see and I think most people will be happy

Edited by glennsoe

58 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Speaking of lists, how many superstars can we expect in WWE 2K23?

LJ: The only thing I can say is it's more than 2K22. If we keep going at this rate, 2K24 will have even more, because WWE keeps signing a ton of talent. A lot of familiar faces are coming back to WWE that I'm excited about. Cody being one of them for 2K23. We have DLC plans we haven't announced yet that I think are going to make people really happy. The future's bright.

LJ: People will be happy. I will say if you look at our main roster when we do our roster reveals, there will be some omissions on there that you'll be scratching your head about, but just wait and see and I think most people will be happy

LJ: People will be happy. I will say if you look at our main roster when we do our roster reveals, there will be some omissions on there that you'll be scratching your head about, but just wait and see and I think most people will be happy.

Yeah that kinda confirms Wyatt will be DLC when he mentioned about we might notice some people are missing and scratching our heads over but just wait, has to mean Wyatt.

I just hope theres not an entire pack of guys like Strowman, Wyatt, Lumis, Gargano and just a bunch of guys that we had in 2k22 but now gotta pay extra to get them in 2k23 cause they was fired for a few months. That'll feel like such a waste when they could just copy their 2K22 models over easily, well except for Wyatt obviously.

I wouldn't mind an entire Wyatt pack, if we get all the versions of Wyatt, like The Fiend, Swamp Cult Leader Wyatt, Current Wyatt and a Firefly Funhouse Wyatt. I'll take that over a pack consisting of guys we had in 2K22.

Edited by J-man89

1 hour ago, JasonKortare said:

They said this roster for 2k23 will be bigger than 22? Maybe I will get The BOSS Sasha Banks after all? The only reason why I was concerned is based on the way she left. I feel like when you leave WWE on bad terms, that means no WWE stuff.

Unfortunately man I can't see Sasha Banks being in, there's a small chance she could be in if she had a huge part of Myrise and there wasn't enough time to remove it but outside of that I think the chances are slim to none tbh. I do think they'll keep her entrance and moveset in thought.

54 minutes ago, crazyjk4 said:

Unfortunately man I can't see Sasha Banks being in, there's a small chance she could be in if she had a huge part of Myrise and there wasn't enough time to remove it but outside of that I think the chances are slim to none tbh. I do think they'll keep her entrance and moveset in thought.

Hopefully we will get some solid women in the roster for the women's division. Sasha and Naomi were some big name females, I can only hope that they were able to replace them.

I am tired of the datedness of the 2K22 roster but will miss the women's roster of it since 2K23 almost assuredly won't have Mickie James, Toni Storm and probably will also be missing Sasha, Naomi, and Mandy.  Meiko getting in and Lita returning would soften those losses a bit so fingers crossed those show up to some degree, even if it's just DLC

4 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

I am tired of the datedness of the 2K22 roster but will miss the women's roster of it since 2K23 almost assuredly won't have Mickie James, Toni Storm and probably will also be missing Sasha, Naomi, and Mandy.  Meiko getting in and Lita returning would soften those losses a bit so fingers crossed those show up to some degree, even if it's just DLC

I honestly feel like the fans want a Divas DLC Pack. Jacqueline, Michelle McCool, Melina and etc. I can at least feel comfortable knowing that they will have a fair number of women on the roster since they need a solid Women's Division for MyRise and so forth.

44 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

I could see Mandy making it in one last time. The game is already sort of outdated with Cora as the babyface skater girl and Mandy was on top then so…we’ll see. I really hope for Meiko as well; she’s the #1 person I wanna see on the roster actually. She can be DLC if she really needs to be, as long as she’s in. I’m guessing the likes of Bray Wyatt and Roxanne Perez will be DLC as well.

38 minutes ago, JasonKortare said:

I honestly feel like the fans want a Divas DLC Pack. Jacqueline, Michelle McCool, Melina and etc. I can at least feel comfortable knowing that they will have a fair number of women on the roster since they need a solid Women's Division for MyRise and so forth.

It would be cool if they would listen to that contingent of the fanbase, if only because every voice should matter when it comes to potential sales. Jacqueline had her time in the series as legend, but Sable….Luna…Melina…Kelly Kelly…Michelle McCool….Eve Torres….AJ Lee…. all of them and more deserve consideration for a roster spot, especially the ones you can still get scanned. We got Stacy so they’re listening somewhat I think.

Edited by A N T I -

WWE 2K23 will allow us to basically create the WWE Universe as we see fit? I plan on making mine feel very "Attitude Era". I grew up watching a WWE that was a little bit more Raw and less Family Friendly. I plan on doing storylines and angles that takes me back to the early days, including the early to mid 2000s of WWE.

I really would like to get some DLC Packs that features WWE Superstars from the early 2000s or mid 2000s. I could even go for some 90s as well. 

I’m hoping they don’t do what they did a fair bit in 2k22 and take people out to give them back to us as DLC, Rikishi… Vader… 

It worries me like with what so done said above with Strowman, Kross etc. 

DLC should be people we haven’t had, or if it is a repeat of someone, a vastly different look or complete remodel. 

If I had to guess what the NXT repped roster will be, both returning and new:

Alba Fyre
Andre Chase
Apollo Crews
Axiom
Bron Breakker
Cameron Grimes
Carmelo Hayes
Cora Jade
Dijak (Might still be in as Dominick Dijakovic model though)
Elton Prince
Gigi Dolin
Grayson Waller (Maybe as DLC?)
Ilja Dragunov
Indi Hartwell
Ivy Nile
Jacy Jayne
Jagger Reid (DLC or not at all IMO)
JD McDonagh
Joe Coffey
Joe Gacy (DLC maybe instead of Reid/Fowler)
Julius Creed
Katana Chance
Kayden Carter
Kit Wilson
Mark Coffey
Meiko Satomura
Nikkita Lyons (DLC Probably)
Rip Fowler (DLC or not at all as well)
Roderick Strong
Roxanne Perez (Could definitely see as DLC)
Sanga (Could see as DLC)
Sarray
Tiffany Stratton (DLC or not at all IMO)
Tony D'Angelo
Trick Williams
Tyler Bate
Veer
Von Wagner
Wendy Choo (DLC or not at all IMO)
Wes Lee
Wolfgang
Zoey Stark