Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JasonKortare said:

If they go ALL IN with MyRise this year knowing that we can import our own CAWs into the game, I will be all set and ready to pre-order. Career Mode has always been a classic tradition in WWE games. I remember "The Road to Wrestlemania" mode. 

Hopefully MyRise in 2K23 is good, the last great career mode in a WWE game was in WWE2K19.

welp, by sounds of it alternate Superstar models in MyFaction will be locked to that mode again. now im contemplating whether im gonna buy this game. i just cant in good conscious support 2K if they are going to continue locking wrestler variations to specific modes.

4 minutes ago, Rekka_No_Ryo said:

And cross, it was taken from their youtube page. So I would assume it was Element.

I'm a bit tired so I completely missed it, sorry. But yeah, almost nothing in there is new, unless they're counting slight changes to selling.

47 minutes ago, xphen0m said:

Agreed. Universe doesn't "NEED" them like some people are saying. It was just a plus, but didn't do much in and personally, I started skipping promos altogether.

Yeah it does, it makes it feel more like an actual show seeing the card with promos scheduled, instead of match after match after match. And it was good for starting rivalries, with your guy in a suit and calling someone out or someone interrupting you, or turning heel on the crowd, it served a purpose.

In 2K22 the only way a rivalry starts is by assaulting you after or before a match, that gets old.

They can be improved on, not like they have to be like they was in 2K20, it could get to a point where you can write the promos and dictate how the crowd responds, taking them out all together was a bad idea.

Edited by J-man89

Promos are a nice addition but they're a lot like create a finisher. If they're gonna be included, they have to be redone so they're not a completely useless feature.

Even without the scoring system being ridiculously arbitrary, it just was never written well. Writing good dialogue is not 2Ks strong point in the least.

Out of curiousity do you guys mainly play WWE 2K games focusing more on the exhibition aspect of it and less more on the story and promo elements of the game? I grew up as a kid who loved fighting games like Tekken, Dead or Alive and Street Fighter.

One thing that I noticed about myself as a gamer of WWE games is that I can slowly lose interest if I feel like I'm just playing the game to make matches and fight in the ring. The main reason why I loved WWE 2K19 so much is that I literally had CAWs and I made story angles for them and literally acted like I ran my own show lol.

Sometimes I wondered if the makers of this WWE 2K game feel as though the more you make the game feel like you are IN WWE, the more favorable the game could become.

48 minutes ago, JasonKortare said:

A WWE Gamer like me strongly PREFERS Promos in WWE 2K23. I need all types of story elements to feel like I'm not just having exhibition matches just to wrestle in a wrestling game.

Exactly, they helped tell a story, and it broke up the flow of endless match after match with something different in between. After a ppv title defense i'd always like to start the show off with a promo by my world champion, and his new challenger interrupt him, it was a really good way to begin a rivalry.

Plus whats the point of suit attires and street clothes alts if we're just always wrestling in a match every single week and never uttering a word.

20 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Exactly, they helped tell a story, and it broke up the flow of endless match after match with something different in between. After a ppv title defense i'd always like to start the show off with a promo by my world champion, and his new challenger interrupt him, it was a really good way to begin a rivalry.

Plus whats the point of suit attires and street clothes alts if we're just always wrestling in a match every single week and never uttering a word.

You truly understand me!

Question: Do you guys like to CAWs and have them in stable alliances with WWE superstars originally on the roster or perhaps you guys like to download a lot of WCW Stars or AEW Stars or even ECW ones and basically have those groups rival with WWE. A lot of that can be created in Universe Mode I'm sure.