Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

After watching every War Games video (I think), my only real criticisms are that it looks like a blast, or atleast that it would be a blast if matches didn’t end so quickly after the official start of War Games when everyone is in there. Everyone is already damaged and going for pins on one another, instead of sticking around for awhile and causing a little more chaos while they’re in there altogether. I feel like every video I’ve seen except for the NewLegacy one, the deciding pinfall happens within 5 minutes of everyone being in the ring, instead of that being where the party starts. Just my thoughts.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanna say i LOVE the new Cross Rhodes, looks beautiful and love that its a front grapple, trying to hit it from behind with a smooth transition was always awkward and you had find ways to hit it in a nice out of nowhere way without manually turning the opponent around with that punch.

Now i can see you being able to hit it clean as hell after a reversal and it'll look great.

Edited by J-man89

I mean.. you could just wake up taunt them so that they're facing away from you, that's been in the games for years.

I do hope there's a second version from the back though, vary it up.

32 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

I mean.. you could just wake up taunt them so that they're facing away from you, that's been in the games for years.

I do hope there's a second version from the back though, vary it up.

Yeah i know, i meant doing the move from a reversal into it and making it come out of nowhere and look natural, theres no way to do that with from behind finishers hardly.

Sure the wake up taunt where they rise up like a zombie staggering lets you hit it from behind without punching them around, but i tend to like to end matches with a cool reversal into my finish if possible, the wakeup taunts feels anticlimactic at times.

Edited by J-man89

After watching a lot of Videos i can safely say that until they show a vastly upgraded Creation Suite...this is a 20 bucks buy at best.

Sure the WarGames match looks fun...but thats about it.
Like, this one matchtype will not change the game significant.
If 2k22 didnt blew you away, 2k22.5...i mean 2k23 wont either.

I had no fun playing 2k22 and if they didnt rework the Gameplay and seemingly the Creation Suite either...what should i look forward?
If creation suite still has the same annoying problems and is the one mode i care for, why should i pay 60 bucks for it?

It looks neat, the models are great...but thats about it.

New Pin System looks okay, but as i dont enjoy the gameplay in general, i will stick with the easy "hold the button" system because i dont have any drive to be competitive even against the AI.
The New Animations are neat.
Taunting with weapons is nice, but the Physics dont look upgraded at all....and can i have a title as weapon?

All in all what i feared and expected.
Your yearly update where the focus outside the Usual modes, only was on the WarGames match.
It is sadly nothing that makes me want to buy on Release day or week.

I think 20-30 bucks is a price that is more fair to the consumer.

48 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

Gonna be really pissed off if they add absolutely nothing to Create an Arena, or Create a Show. It’s been the same stuff for almost 10 years now. 

I really really hope they at least add the arena templates for some myrise arenas they had over the year, like mexico or the car park. I always make a terrible cheap FED that looks like something i would have the budget to make and the car park would be perfect. 

I at the very least hope they add a few more stage parts, like the current giant screen or the parts from showcase last years arenas. 

58 minutes ago, JasonKortare said:

Does anybody know if they will discuss more about MyRise for 2k23? The coverage has been a lot about War Games, MyGM and Universe Mode which is great but I desperately want to know if the effort was put into making MyRise better.

Yeah they make a pretty big deal out of MyRise when the time comes. Expect a MyRise trailer in the coming weeks.

So far the only thing about My Rise they've put out there is now being able to import caws from CC into it, so you no longer have to use a caw created from scratch. Which was always what turned me off from it, cause i'm not a good caw maker and i could never get my guy to look even halfway good.

So now i can just go and get someone like Hangman Page or Kenny Omega from someone like Iconic or Defract off CC and they'll look like an ingame model, and i can take them through the WWE system and work my way up.

Universe Mode has needed improvements for years now, we need promos back, which i heard is one of the options you can choose for a wrestler to do before or after a match i think along with the other options of choosing to do a handshake or a cheap shot or an attack after the match etc.

Finally we got control over what the wrestlers do in Universe and don't gotta rely on a random cutscene the game chooses for us which half the time is the same one or one of the same 3 or 4 over and over again.

And i can't tell you how many times i'll be a heel and i'll get a babyface cutscene where he shakes hands and shows respect after the match, doesn't even matter heel or face the cutscene would just be random, so hopefully now thats over and being able to pick what you do will make that a thing of the past.

Edited by J-man89

Buckshot Lariat got talked about! Bryan didn't say anything but the look on his face has me thinking its in the game, cause again its one of the very few finishers from a top name in AEW thats not in the game, and Bryan had to have made it one of his top priorities when getting certain moves to include that.

29 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Bryan is a cool cat and a personal favorite of mine...

ehh... i still can't forget him bold-faced lying on camera during the Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 lead-up.