Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

With the news of his passing today, it made me Wonder why we'd never gotten "The Genius” Lanny Poffo in any games..

Such a fun charachter...and a solid worker

It’s a shame he never reached the heights that his brother did. Lanny was an incredible athlete in his day and did some crazy high flying stuff too for the time but Randy was just too iconic to surpass. I forget who all was managed by the Genius but Manager might be his only shot at making a game.

Edited by A N T I -

2 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

It’s a shame he never reached the heights that his brother did. Lanny was an incredible athlete in his day and did some crazy high flying stuff too for the time but Randy was just too iconic to surpass. I forget who all was managed by the Genius but Manager might be his only shot at making a game.

Another underestimated performer..

I think the shame is that there was nothing wrong with how strikes and grapples were in 19. They were fine, and each year we were getting some redone so they connected properly. 

Now basically everything has awkward connection again. I honestly think the look of 22 with the controls and gameplay of 19, and they win with everyone. 

The only bad thing left over would be the usual 2k bugs, glitches and errors. 

I think this will likely review similar to 22, I think at first people will praise the look of it (and rightly so) and talk about how fun war games is, but if there isn’t really much else added outside of that, I think people will find that there attention wears thin after a few months. 

It will however, likely still sell very well at first. 2k are still massively helped by a lack of competition (where on earth is that AEW game?!) 

I guess it's cool that pins got reanimated, that you run less gracefully when your Stamina is drained and there's slight collision when landing near the barricade but none of it really matters when the gameplay is the way it is.

I'm interested in what CAW Mode is gonna be like but after seeing what was expected (WWE 2K22 all over again) I'm skipping this one. I got zero interest in gameplay like that. 

Loving everything I’ve seen today for the most part. New pin system will probably work better for me. War Games look fun as hell. Most the models look the same or still good. The lightning is definitely better. I hate Charlotte’s hair and model however. Roman looks damn good. Best model is still Brock and Cena for me. 

"What are some of the new tools for creation suite?” -Hardcore Gamer

“For me, the biggest thing we did in the creation suite - we added some new stuff, but like the biggest thing that we did was the level of detail on our Created Superstars was finally at the same level as every detail that you saw on our Superstars in 2K22. Like, i’ll go create my character either for… you know, Exhibition or MyRise, and it looks like a WWE superstar. Like we scanned about 40 different.. you know, likenesses, like brand new skin textures. Like, ‘oh I can choose his head and all of these different skin tones, this guy has a little bit more of like a 5 o’clock shadow but it’s already built in so I don’t have to go and recreate it.’ 'There’s one that, you know, looks more like my skin tone and has freckles or whatever,' But it’s based off of real scan data like our WWE superstars, so when you look at this they’re on par."

"Not only does it make creations and Community Creations sick, it makes MyRise sick in a way that I didn’t expect; where you’re like: ‘I’m not watching a mannequin in the world of the WWE Universe going through a storyline. I am watching someone who I feel is real. They’re on par, they live in the same world.’ There was that disconnect before, they looked like a mannequin, flat, low-res. Now you’re like ‘Oh my god, I can’t wait to see this cutscene with a character that I’ve created, because they look so good.’" -Lynell Jinks

We'll have to wait and see but I almost feel like the language used almost makes it seem as if we are stuck with Templates again, only difference being the Skin texture quality with no Morphing.

Edited by TheNoOneM1

Kinda seems like he was just dodging the question.

"Oh well uhh.. we... got some new textures! yeah, real nice textures... and uhh... yeah.."

Which worries the absolute hell out of me, there are SO many features and updates the mode needs, so if he couldn't mention any of them over "well we got some new face textures" then that tells me they havent bothered to actually implement fixes, new features, or lessened restrictions.

Edited by CROSS-Out

25 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

Kinda seems like he was just dodging the question.

"Oh well uhh.. we... got some new textures! yeah, real nice textures... and uhh... yeah.."

Which worries the absolute hell out of me, there are SO many features and updates the mode needs, so if he couldn't mention any of them over "well we got some new face textures" then that tells me they havent bothered to actually implement fixes, new features, or lessened restrictions.

Brining back Body Morphing/Adjustment

Freely Selectable Weight

Making Logos only apply to specific sections of a Part

Being able to choose the Material of a Custom Logo

Cleaning up Logo placement

Officially combining Hairstyles

Those kind of things would've been nice to see

Can anyone recall when Cody ever wore that attire in WWE? i swear i can't find a single instance where he wore it. Probably wore it once at some house show, and of course thats the gear they choose to put in the game over his normal attire that he wears 99% of the rest of his matches, classic 2K.

1 minute ago, CROSS-Out said:

I believe he wore it or something similar to it in AEW, probably just used that for reference.

I know he wore it in AEW, but why would they make his gear in the game a set of gear he's never wore in WWE? Just use the gear he's wore since WM, he's wore almost the same gear his entire run so far but with different colors.

19 minutes ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

Brining back Body Morphing/Adjustment

Freely Selectable Weight

Making Logos only apply to specific sections of a Part

Being able to choose the Material of a Custom Logo

Cleaning up Logo placement

Officially combining Hairstyles

Those kind of things would've been nice to see

Being able to flip logos (especially custom) vertically/horizontally would go a long way for me in saving custom logo space.

Being able to view Custom Videos fullscreen would help any content creator. Not sure why they did away with it in the first place.

A search bar in Create A Moveset, like if I wanna look at every piledriver, I can just type in ‘piledriver’ and see them all.

Being able to preview call names in Create A Superstar again to hear how it’s gonna sound. Again, no idea why they did away with that.

Being able to see my created superstar in Create A Moveset when practicing my moveset on the red/green guy. Not bothered by the inevitable loading screen; I just wanna be able to see my creation and see whether a move looks right for them to have, in the moment and not after I exit the mode and test it out in-game.

Several more Sia-style hairdos that we are able to use a scissor tool on to cut to our liking.

Being able to see a superstar’s overall AS I’m messing with their attributes instead of tinkering with it and seeing the result after I save and exit. Then, if I don’t agree with the overall, i gotta go in and adjust everything again, instead of just seeing the overall while I’m adjusting attributes. Would make life easier for customizers. 

Such are even more small upgrades that would go a long way in customer satisfaction, creation suite-wise imo

40 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

I know he wore it in AEW, but why would they make his gear in the game a set of gear he's never wore in WWE? Just use the gear he's wore since WM, he's wore almost the same gear his entire run so far but with different colors.

I think I read somewhere that the wrestler brings the attire they want to be scanned during model creation. Maybe Cody brought that attire, I may be wrong though.