Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I've only seen for Cody, a new cross Rhodes from the front. I'm sure it's st least partially because the AI is dumb as a friggin rock and spams the same two moves the whole time but I'm really disappointed to see that crappy vertabreaker and the old Jay driller on him. AI didn't even try to go for the Cody cutter either, and he's using Nakamuras gourdbuster for some reason.

2K, could you do me a personal favour and stop inviting people to these *censored*ing events who only know how to spam stomps and running attacks? It's not much of a showcase of your game.

I'm not impressed with what I've seen so far, sorry to say. The creation suite and moves list is going to have to really wow me in order to get a day one full price buy. Especially seeing the AI still is dumber than a rock.

Edited by CROSS-Out

8 minutes ago, RyanCE said:

The default movesets seem just as bad as 2K22 from what I've seen so far. Lashley has the lifting Flatliner again instead of his own.

He’s done elevated flatliner in matches during his current run

Couldn’t help but notice the part where Seth did a diving elbow and the whole game slowed down. Hopefully we aren’t looking at another slow motion situation like we had a few years ago. Like 4vs4 all CAWs War Games could crash the game or something. Maybe I was reading too much into that little moment.

Edited by A N T I -

Hate to nitpick but Roman comes out too quick in his double title entrance. Let the intro happen, let the moment breathe, and THEN the Tribal Chief comes out when the piano part starts playing. And I’m guessing no special entrance where Heyman hands him the title? I love the way he does it.

I was giving the game a chance before judging but so far it looks almost identical to 2k22. Even the funky looking striking dodges.

If nothing grabs my attention (caw mode might) then I’ll just wait until game gets cheaper and buy it since the gameplay of last game really didn’t even allow dlc to be enjoyed properly since every model felt like it played the same.

Edited by NiceTwice

2 hours ago, glennsoe said:

Wow this is hella disappointing. Cody & Bron look good, and the game is still beautiful, but it still looks to play EXACTLY like 22 which is the most important thing and that *censored*ing sucks. 

Edge’s short hair looks like CAW hair. 

and Brock still has that weird glued on beard and his face still looks so pale.

Also, what’s with that weird fixed camera angle on the ring? 

Female ref is a nice touch though. The menus are also the coolest thing I’ve seen so far, as I’m a big UI guy for stuff  

But overall, not sure I’m really interested in this game. Buying 22 for both PC & console was a waste of time & money as I barely played either version. I feel like wrestling games are slowly losing me.  :(

1 hour ago, EJ! said:

call me shallow or whatever, but i saw the pre-grapple lockups still in and made my decision lmao.

at this point, fingers crossed for The Wrestling Code.

That alone is like the major reason I don’t play these games anymore. 

Omg did they seriously not fix Edge's "R" logo on his tights and kneepads again?! still no square around it? We still don't have the full design and will have to take up a caw slot to fix that shit.....

I don't get it did they not scan his gear? i mean did they seriously just copy and past his unfinished 2K22 tights over and recolor them?

Edge.png

Edited by J-man89