Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, J-man89 said:

I don't get why they refuse to add Roman's touches of grey in his beard, thats part of his look, are we not trying to capture exactly how these wrestlers look or what? he doesn't have a solid pitch black beard. 

And for the love of god can Bayley actually have an accurate body this time around? in 2K22 she was as slim as Alexa Bliss, shes thick and her model needs to be thick, not a slender beanpole.

Its annoying when they try and improve everyone's appearance in the game and make them the idea look instead of how they actually look. Its like when they gave Umaga abs that time, just not being true to what these wrestlers actually look like to make them look perfect without any flaws.

I’m not trying to defend WWE or 2K at ALL, but I was always under the assumption it’s because WWE has the initiative to make everyone look better, younger and more larger than life in the video games. That’s why Hogan either wore a bandanna in ring, had more hair than he ever had in his prime, was WAAAAY bigger muscle mass wise. 

Remember back in the day when every wrestler was given six packs? Even the fat ones. Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s why guys like Roman don’t have that touch of grey, or HBK/Taker having bald spots, Bayley being too slim, etc. 

3 hours ago, CM_EDGE said:

Mhhhhhh, the new Announcer, Mike Rome, is better than I feared he would be... But he's still no Greg Hamilton replacement. In real life, yes, but he doesn't sound as natural here as Hamilton did in 2k20 and 2k22, he was the absolute best thing about 2k20. does sound a bit like he's just reading lines in a studio which was a problem for many many years before.... It's not too bad, but it's not perfect either.

You can hear better what I mean in this guy's other upload, the Brock Lesnar 2K23 entrance. It's just not really good.

https://youtu.be/DYCHBVmMN78

And I still stay at my opinion that the loss of LA Knight as motion capture guy for most entrances hurts the game tremendously, the Lesnar entrance is just boring. Just plain boring.

Brock's entrance looks the same as it did in 22. Did L.A Knight mo-cap Brock's entrance? I don't remember if he said he did or so. I will agree that Rome doesn't sound as good as Greg did but if he stays the announcer going forward I think he'll improve.

19 minutes ago, crazyjk4 said:

Brock's entrance looks the same as it did in 22. Did L.A Knight mo-cap Brock's entrance? I don't remember if he said he did or so. I will agree that Rome doesn't sound as good as Greg did but if he stays the announcer going forward I think he'll improve.

Not sure if he did Brock, but he did a lot of others including R-Truth and Hogan. 😅

Sure he will probably improve, but it's sad that he doesn't nail it initially and we have an announcer again where you can literally feel that he's inexperienced to do to it anywhere else as live and that you can feel and hear that it's recorded in a studio. 🫤

At best, we should have several announcer to choose from, I would love to have more options here, like NXT's incredible Alicia Taylor or SmackDown's Samantha Irvin.

I miss games like SmackDown vs Raw 2008 where the devs still gave a shit. That game had 3 announcers and 3 freaking commentary teams. Just crazy to imagine in comparison to today.

Edited by CM_EDGE

I am ok with 2K using one announce team for all the shows but I do miss different commentators. My gripe with the old SVR Commentators is that they are just saying the same lines on all brands. Just different person doing it. And always saying Raw is better that Smackdown and vice versa. Don't forget the horrible recording of JBL.

But I do want different in ring announcer for different arenas.

Edited by black_machismo

I do miss having different ring announcers and commentary for different brands but to be fair the commentary has gotten vastly better and sounds a lot more enthusiastic in these recent games than before. It's still not perfect by any means but compare to how we got in 2K15 or so it's night and day.

Videos are popping off everywhere now including full matches and hand-ons previews.

By the way, double title entrances are back!

Even tho this is such a typical 2K facepalm:

TjjPvv.png

Titles seem to have the same material/lighting situation as in the last game where they look great in some arena/entrance  light situations and awful in others, like the women's championships still look significantly worse for some reason than the WWE championship, just the same as in 22.

Hey, at least this didn't get worse.

The video of Romans double title entrance would suggest it’s generic as opposed to one specifically for Roman. So I think it’s just one general double title entrance rather than specific superstar ones.

Also the same video gives a look at the new pin system too. 

By the way, does the game has Ray Tracing on current gen? Cause the reflection of the titantrons on the floor has this typical "flakey" snowy look when stuff moves fast and that's typical for lower res real time ray tracing and wouldn't happen with baked in reflections. 🤔

Looking at mode entrances, I'm pretty sure I can confirm this, which is a bit impressive to be honest.

Edited by CM_EDGE