Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few posts here over the last week has me thinking about Cons and (Possible) Pros for 2K23

I feel the Combo System will still be in which I don't like, and I'm also willing to bet if that's true Close Range Attacks will still be missing. That sucks as I love bumping someone into the ropes or the corner or even simply just to line up a spot better with the Close Range attacks (Kody went into great detail about this too the other day). Now in 2K22 you have to drag people or straight up forget about repositioning your opponent.

We haven't heard anything about Submissions yet, but I pray they have an alternate system, preferably the Wheel game like 2K16-2K20 had. The 2K22 button mashing Submission system is awful and rubberbanded to be an instant win after a certain point. If they don't have something new, that's game breaking for me personally.

But for Possible Pros, slightly revamped controls that allow us to perform the grapple moves in all positions without Tie Ups/Collar and Elbow/Grabs would be a God-send and like CROSS-Out mentioned it's totally possible without getting rid of the Combo system. Strikes could all be mapped to Square (Tap for Light, Hold for Heavy) Grapples mapped to X (Tap for Light, Hold for Heavy) and Irish Whips could be mapped to Circle (Tap for Light, Hold for Heavy).

I really wanted Skills and Abilities back but after thinking about it, as long as the A.I is programmed properly it shouldn't matter that much. Super Heavyweight Powerhouse Superstars controlled by A.I. with Low Diving stats should never ever Dive off the top, High Flyers with Lower Ringside Offense stats and no Aggressive Traits shouldn't Powerbomb people out of the ring etc. If the player wants to do these actions they can, but the A.I should follow the Traits, Fighting Class and Attributes.

We know 2 Payback slots are back so once again Wrestlers can be Resilient and have a Comeback like Pre-2K22. So that's good. Weapon taunts are cool, increased focus on Stamina is great and Inside Springboards as Special moves is fantastic. Those 4 things are confirmed.

So I'm gonna put myself back in the "Maybe" camp. I guess when the embargo is lifted Thursday, we'll hopefully see some gameplay (or at least hear about it) and find out if any of those Possible Pros came to life. I feel like for me personally the game isn't going to beat 2K19, but I'm hoping it will be at least something I'm interested in this year and offer something new (mainly the new moves). 2K22 was just too different and felt really backwards to me. It's almost as if I made a list of things I would never want to see and they made the game around it. With some tweaks I feel the series could at least be back in the B territory with 2K23 as long as they fix some of the stuff I was turned off by.

Edited by TheNoOneM1

Only downside to the combos for me is having to pause the game every match to see what buttons to press to get the move I want. Reminds me of War Zone/Attitude in that way. But overall, that’s just me and my memory issues and I love the way the game plays now. I genuinely do. I mainly create Stardom girls and the matches I have with them are so much fun….atleast when they aren’t overly easy.

1 hour ago, CROSS-Out said:

eh, buckshot lariat or bust.

PRAYING thats in Logan's moveset, so i can finally have a complete Hangman Page caw, never feels right playing as him and not having that as his finisher and having to use the Clothesline From Hell.

Edited by J-man89

Just now, J-man89 said:

PRAYING thats in Logan's moveset, so i can finally have a complete Hangman Page caw, never feels right playing as him and not having that as his finisher.

Or worse, trying to jurry rig it by giving him a regular clothesline and then hitting it after jumping over the ropes. looks so bad

4 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

Or worse, trying to jurry rig it by giving him a regular clothesline and then hitting it after jumping over the ropes. looks so bad

Lol thought i was the only one that did that for the Buckshot. But yeah its easily the most needed finisher in the game imo, everyone else in AEW and WWE i feel like has their finisher in the game, Page is one of the few thats not in.

I DO miss CAM simply because I could make ingame finishers like the way the wrestlers actually do them or make other finishers like The Gasano Bomb, Pole Shifter or say make a 5 star elbow drop or the like. They were nothing really spammy save for roddie's backbreaker combo move he did or the brock triple powerbomb. Other CAF moves I made are now already in most wrestling games now, as I had one that resembled the tour of the islands and another one that also looked like the doomsday satio as well. It was called The Jobber Killer. I also made some intentional botch moves as well. 

Edited by Rekka_No_Ryo

OH ! one thing i miss is The Mandible Claw should have X wrestler pull out Mr. Socko like in past games, you didnt just have to have foley,  just assign that version of the claw to said caw or wrestler. Or I forget which ankle lock it was but if you put it into your sig or finisher, and someone kicked you, you could reverse it into that grapevine ankle lock if im not mistaken.

I’ll happily be proved wrong but I honestly think this is going to feel more like WWE2k22.5 than 2k23. 

I don’t think they will make any changes to the way the game plays, it will still be combos and lock ups before every grapple. 

I think the changes will be some NXT roster additions and obviously some people being taken out, War Games being added, and the little tweaks such as weapon taunts etc. 

I think anyone expecting a proper overhaul of controls etc is going to be dissapointed, the early reviews for the game were good (I think in large part because it wasn’t 2k20..) it was only after six months or so that people realised the gameplay was now very samey without wrestlers feeling different to use from each other. 

ideally for me it would look like 2k22 and play like 2k19, but given there was wide spread praise for it, I don’t think we get any major changes here.