Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

playing a Royal Rumble really highlights the problem with the gameplay.

in 2k19, and nearly every game before it...when you strike an opponent they stagger back. In a Royal Rumble match that allows the opponent to fall back into the ropes or the corner. Setting them up for elimination.  Also you will fatigue and crawl around, or crawl to the seated corner position to rest.

2k22 doesn't have this. Because of the blasted combo system they removed complex A.I selling. Unless u are 1 inch away from the corner or rope, the opponent will not feed into a new position. 

in 2k19 you dropkick the opponent in a Royal Rumble, they stumble to the ropes, then you can hit them with a running clothesline to eliminate them. 

in 2k22 it doesn't matter what you hit them with. They will stay standing right in front of you. Because the A.I has to wait for you to complete a combo.

and the Crawling and resting in a Royal Rumble is toned WAYYY down. in 2k19 once you get to the halfway point of the rumble, if you or the opponents have been in the ring for awhile they will crawl around. And/Or resting in the corner

in 2k22 everyone is fresh as a daisy, even 30 mins into a Rumble. The only time you will rest under a rope or something is if you get "Stunned"

This striking feature used to be so important in a Royal Rumble, that we could even assign our own Royal Rumble strikes in the SvR series. Now its completely removed

Close Range strikes were tailor -made for Royal Rumbles. and they're gone

Edited by eastcoastkody

Not gonna lie, the entrance is good, but 2 steps behind my expectations.

First, no codyvator, come on, how can you mess that up, at least, at the very least, have the camera angled up from down position and have him pop up between smoke like they did on raws without his codyvator, basically like the old Ascension entrances, how does he just appear out of nothing here? That's not good.

And then, you once again see that he wasn't motion capturing and since this is the first game LA Knight doesn't do motion captures and entrance captions for more than half the roster anymore like he did before for every game till he stopped with 22, this can only hurt the entrances and it did, a lot of "air" between his walk to the ring where the motion capture guy doesn't do much and it looks a bit energyless, like no enthusiasm.

It's still good, but I really expected more, the MC here is extremely mid, sorry.

Edited by CM_EDGE

1 hour ago, CM_EDGE said:

Not gonna lie, the entrance is good, but 2 steps behind my expectations.

First, no codyvator, come on, how can you mess that up, at least, at the very least, have the camera angled up from down position and have him pop up between smoke like they did on raws without his codyvator, basically like the old Ascension entrances, how does he just appear out of nothing here? That's not good.

And then, you once again see that he wasn't motion capturing and since this is the first game LA Knight doesn't do motion captures and entrance captions for more than half the roster anymore like he did before for every game till he stopped with 22, this can only hurt the entrances and it did, a lot of "air" between his walk to the ring where the motion capture guy doesn't do much and it looks a bit energyless, like no enthusiasm.

It's still good, but I really expected more, the MC here is extremely mid, sorry.

My man has been crapping on 2k since before 2k22, writing paragraphs after paragraphs eventually i went through his posts like 

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

Didn't Cody only his codyvator entrance twice or so or does he still use it? Cody's entrance is fine it's not great as I think it's missing  his actual mannerisms and I think it needs his smoke along with more pyro honestly but it's not terrible or really bad either. I don't think I've generally pop for an entrance since Bobby Roode in 18 I think.

1 hour ago, Golden Boy® said:

My man has been crapping on 2k since before 2k22, writing paragraphs after paragraphs eventually i went through his posts like 

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

Eh yeah, surely not, I greatly praised the game(s) whenever they deserved it and criticized whenever they deserved it, no idea what this kind of shit post has to do here, you can leave your nonsense fanboyism outside the door please. The motion capture in this entrance is extremely mid and in some passages even bad, if you can't see that then I'm sorry.

By the way, seeing a comparison video just shows how bad this entrance really is. I mean seriously, for one of the main guys in this game with the most attention since people were hyped for him since 2k22 was freshly out, 2K said they're proud of what they did with him and for that, this entrance is really mediocre. They had so much better ones in 22 with way more care and passion.

Sorry for only having a TikTok video as comparison.

https://www.tiktok.com/@funnyassmarlo/video/7194542736450784558

I dunno I was  just expecting this cinematic masterpiece pyrofest of an entrance and instead it’s just a typical type of 2K entrance. Could’ve been mocapped better but I won’t hold it against them because, to them, I’m sure it was just another day at the office and Cody’s entrance was no more important than Ali’s or something.

Well… I guess we’ll have to add the intro smoke via advanced creations

Ima need to see a Bloodline entrance with all the members

Not to complain but Cody’s red attire is the one I would’ve wanted least in the game lmao as opposed to his white, blue, or gold attires

2 hours ago, Jeb ★ said:

Well… I guess we’ll have to add the intro smoke via advanced creations

Ima need to see a Bloodline entrance with all the members

Not to complain but Cody’s red attire is the one I would’ve wanted least in the game lmao as opposed to his white, blue, or gold attires

Agreed about Cody's attire

i believe this is it

7328083_11292116291713.JPG

Its definitely the one attire of his he's wore the least, so of course they pick that attire.....cause why give us the attire with the eagle heads on the sides where we could make almost all his attires of different color variations of it he's wore in WWE.

Come to think of it i can't even remember when he wore that red gear in WWE, that image is from AEW.

At least i can make this alternate color of it which i do really like

wwe-cody-rhodes-signature-wrestlemania-3

Edited by J-man89

8 minutes ago, JasonKortare said:

Are you guys hoping for more WCW Superstars confirmed on the final roster? Or more WWE Attitude era Superstars like Ken Shamrock and Billy Gunn?

Billy Gunn will not be in the game since he is in AEW. That will be a long shot to have him there.

Watched Cody's Entrance, the model looks good and I agree with others there is something missing and it feels the animation is too fast. I think the entrance is from the first iterations of the game since there is no nameplate and announcer, hoping they add smoke in the final version.

11 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Streets are saying Cody Rhodes 2 in CAE is the Codyvator entrance. Why wouldn’t they just show us that one first?

If true then I'd rather have that has a surprise, it's kinda nice having a few surprise entrances that you don't know about rather then knowing every entrance or so at least for me. 

1 hour ago, A N T I - said:

Streets are saying Cody Rhodes 2 in CAE is the Codyvator entrance. Why wouldn’t they just show us that one first?

Thats what i figured this screenshot was from

cody-rhodes-in-wwe-2k23-official-screens

cause you can tell its the stance he has when coming up from the Codyvator.

Edited by J-man89

First Entrance of course Cody...nice.
The Model looks fantastic, but that never was really a problem for the series.

Its the rest i have a problem with.
Outside of the Model, everything feels so lifeless and sterile.
The crowd sounds fake as hell, the arena has no character, it just lacks life.

I can deal with the lack of smoke and the weak pyro...i always remember that this is also coming out on PS4 and stuff, so they cant have too much because of last gen.

Animations are fine to me.

Yeah a good entrance that has the usual problems i have with the series.
But the model is really really good, cant say that enough times.