Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

What would also be nice is if we could get a proper springboard version of the Lethal Injection, instead of using it as a lean against ropes move. it just looks more dynamic that way.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Golden Boy® said:

I like the GM mode I just dont like this whole "you want a full stage? Well pay up" 

I like GM mode I just dont like this whole "hey wow u put on a banger card, but it doesn't matter and you lose for the week because your matchups weren't the specific heel/face or fighting classes combo that we like"

10 hours ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

The sales of 2K22 isn't only because of the gameplay. There's people who bought it because of the graphics, because of the roster, because of MyGM, because it wasn't completely broken at launch, because it launched outside of Christmas, etc.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but there's a lot of things that factor into sales. Also I'm sure the MyFaction VC sales gave them a little boost too.

Also a bunch of those additions Brian Williams mentioned are things that help with Simulation unlike 2K22 where you couldn't actually do anything new per-se, they just changed the mechanics around.

There were many reasons why 2k22 sold as well as it did.
You had of course the graphics, the new gameplay, you had the two year development time, you had the whole "we listened to fans so hard" thing that hyped the game up.

There were many factors in this that made WWE2k22 kind of anomaly.
I doubt 2k23 can hit lightning twice here.

Of course the sales will be good too, but i doubt they will exceed.
For that in the end, 2k22 wasnt the huge shift that people hoped.
You can see that outside of Twitter easily, where the reveal was met with far less reaction than 2k22s.

We are pretty much where we are before 2k20 in terms of hype level and all.
Maybe in General a bit higher since 2k22 did a good job making gameplay changes that benefit casual players, and because the WWE has gained popularity.
But its pretty much where we was with Fans knowing they "only" get a full price update and casuals having a fun wrestling game.

At the end of the day the two key factors they are going to look at when determining if they are on the right track with this game are sales and reviews, which both saw improvement over the past entries with 2K22. Therefore, I highly doubt they are going to make massive changes to things like gameplay. They will look to build off of what they made and setup in 2K22 and go from there, so if you are expecting wholesale changes to the gameplay mechanics or reverting back to what we had in 2K19, I'd say the chances of that happening are slim to none

Two things I found interesting in the press releases. And is merely idle speculation on my part

1) GM's were referred to separately in a creation mode post. Why? 

2)  GM me de is now 4 player. Ok but in last year's GM mode you could only choose to GM smackdown, raw or nxt. . Interesting

Im really curious who was on the mocap team this year because we could get some insanity, new moves-wise. Gringo Loco, Hijo Del Vikingo, Ninja Mack, Komander could actually pull off a Blazing Arrow which I’ve wanted as my finisher in the game for years and years. Anyway yeah, can’t wait to look at the credits. Wonder who mocapped for Cena.

I am getting really really tired of people acting like bringing back advanced entrances is something that was a long time coming and is generous for them to give back. It was one game that it was gone from and it shouldn't have been removed in the first place.

Im still worried about their updates to the creation suite, but im also cautiously optimistic on that front. Theres a LOT of it that needed work and updating, a lot of silly restrictions that needed to go; so im hoping for once that it isn't one step forward and two steps back.

1 hour ago, JasonKortare said:

Is it easy to upload images to use in creation suites? I never done it but it gets frustrating a little bit to not find the logos i want for my CAWs.

Is it supposed to be easy? Yes, absolutely. Is it easy? ehhh... depends on how buggy the iteration of the uploader is. 2K20 was a *censored*ing nightmare, 2K22 isn't bad but does still freak out from time to time.

10 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

Is it supposed to be easy? Yes, absolutely. Is it easy? ehhh... depends on how buggy the iteration of the uploader is. 2K20 was a *censored*ing nightmare, 2K22 isn't bad but does still freak out from time to time.

I don't even know how the process works to begin with lol

5 minutes ago, JasonKortare said:

I don't even know how the process works to begin with lol

Go to the uploader site, link your account, upload at the right resolution for what you want.

In 2K20 though, 80 percent of the time logos you uploaded wouldn't show up. In 2K22 you just have to deal with the loading screen in game and its occasional habit of locking up.

8 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

Go to the uploader site, link your account, upload at the right resolution for what you want.

In 2K20 though, 80 percent of the time logos you uploaded wouldn't show up. In 2K22 you just have to deal with the loading screen in game and its occasional habit of locking up.

Man that's technical for sure lol

17 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

At the end of the day the two key factors they are going to look at when determining if they are on the right track with this game are sales and reviews, which both saw improvement over the past entries with 2K22. Therefore, I highly doubt they are going to make massive changes to things like gameplay. They will look to build off of what they made and setup in 2K22 and go from there, so if you are expecting wholesale changes to the gameplay mechanics or reverting back to what we had in 2K19, I'd say the chances of that happening are slim to none

I'm personally not really implying that for 2K23, I was just piggy backing off what kody said. That Killer Instinct Producer is gone and he probably had a hand in introducing a lot of the Fighting game styled stuff in 2K22. I'm sure a lot of that will still be there for 2K23 but I was just making a wild guess that in 3/4 years time they'll have a lot of new Simulation stuff added because it always seemed Bryan Williams was into that kind of stuff and he's already adding stuff like that for 2K23. Perhaps in the future we'll get a very Sim-y game again where that stuff fits in perfectly.

Yes if Gameplay is absolutely praised year after year, then maybe they'll keep the Fighting game kinda stuff in there for years to come (although personally it's a total deal breaker for me)

8 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

I am getting really really tired of people acting like bringing back advanced entrances is something that was a long time coming and is generous for them to give back. It was one game that it was gone from and it shouldn't have been removed in the first place.

Im still worried about their updates to the creation suite, but im also cautiously optimistic on that front. Theres a LOT of it that needed work and updating, a lot of silly restrictions that needed to go; so im hoping for once that it isn't one step forward and two steps back.

I dont even know if there were any real problems involving Advanced Entrances before, so i do question the "why" of them taking it out.
Especially like i said before, when the 2k22 entrances are still Glitchy etc more than once.

I dont think sadly that there is done much in the creation suite outside of the Overall quality of the caws.
Which is fine, but there is so much stuff that needs to be fixed there for years.
So many restrictions and stuff for argueably the most important mode of the game.
Like alone that dumb logo fading that is still in, the stretching of logos etc.
The layer restrictions or general restrictions with clothing etc.
That we only get here and there a few of the wrestlers items instead a complete overhaul of Items.
LIke the Masks...its no fun to create luchadors because there is so much wrong with them, there is so little variety etc.

And that is just tackling create a superstar...the rest of the creation suite too is in dire need of updates and fixes.
I dont have much hope that they focused a lot of energy on the creation suite at all.