Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

I actually like the Simulation related stuff they have in that article!

But if I still have to do Combos and Collar and Elbows...and can't assign Skills/Abilities...  it's a skip for me.

I think you might be right though Kody, they'll internally bring it beyond 2K19 levels now that Producer is gone... but watch it take like 4/5 years.

Also while Bryan might get Movesets wrong, I always felt he was one of the better dudes behind the scenes. This (positive) stuff sounds like his doing.

Edited by TheNoOneM1

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jeb ★ said:

Word Life Cena’s in the Deluxe Cover, but it’s weird we didn’t see a peek at that model in the Showcase trailer.

speaking of, one thing I didn’t like about Rey’s showcase was no entrances, though it seems it’s gonna be the same this year unfortunately

If we are getting a Doctor of Thuganomics John Cena, I really hope we get Carlito since we are getting matches where Cena lost.

I think there might be entrances in showcase mode. They showed Batista in Summerslam 2008 doing his entrance. Hopefully that is not just an exhibition match entrance.

31 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Wargames could be a mess or it could be damn fun..

Not getting my hopes up "year 1" for the match though..

Well the matchtype is rather popular so it might get more attention than normally new matchtypes would get.

One thing i do like this year more, is that the time between Reveal and Release is rather short.
So we dont get months and months of the usual Marketing bullshit.
We dont get a handfull of empty screenshots over the course of long months and stuff.
It will more than likely be more active now thanks to that.
But its 2K so maybe i guess wrong here.

I got a question.

As we countdown to WWE 2K23 I am currently trying to figure out what type of fun ideas I want to do going into 2k23 when it comes to CAWs, Personas and Creating Stables and Storyline angles.

Do you guys usually go with the idea of creating your own 3 or 4 CAWs and make a stable and have them fued with everybody in Universe and or Exhibition mode? When it comes to creating personas and a gimmick, do you guys ever piggy back off a WWE Superstar they already had in the game? Like having a CAW make a stable with HHH and The Rock together, something you have never seen in a real WWE storyline.  I also wondered if most gamers actually use TONS of CAWs and pretty much build their own roster and have them fued with the roster brand in general. I would love to create fun story angles in Universe mode and etc with MULTIPLE CAWs but I feel like it can be a challenge using them all on a regular basis.

My strategy during my years of these WWE 2K games is make about 3 guys, build a stable and keep using them consistently during most of my time playing the game. My CAWs become my "children" so to speak lol!

13 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

They def won't be moving over to 2k19 gameplay style so long as the sales continue to be strong. The gameplay changes were widely received well and after better than usual sales on top of it, no reason for them to revert back just because

The sales of 2K22 isn't only because of the gameplay. There's people who bought it because of the graphics, because of the roster, because of MyGM, because it wasn't completely broken at launch, because it launched outside of Christmas, etc.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but there's a lot of things that factor into sales. Also I'm sure the MyFaction VC sales gave them a little boost too.

Also a bunch of those additions Brian Williams mentioned are things that help with Simulation unlike 2K22 where you couldn't actually do anything new per-se, they just changed the mechanics around.

Edited by TheNoOneM1

Still wish they add 40 man rumble back in.

Trying to go from 1 to 40 on legend was fun times. My brothers and I have gone 1-30 a couple times but 1-40 added a little more challange.

Raw 2 had the craziest rumble though.

21 minutes ago, Rekka_No_Ryo said:

that was mentioned Cross only available to certain people if im not mistaken, like Cody for example. Though I hope they are not dumb enough not to add it to CAW mode and make it applicable to them.

If they do that, im going to be absolutely furious.

2 hours ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

The sales of 2K22 isn't only because of the gameplay. There's people who bought it because of the graphics, because of the roster, because of MyGM, because it wasn't completely broken at launch, because it launched outside of Christmas, etc.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but there's a lot of things that factor into sales. Also I'm sure the MyFaction VC sales gave them a little boost too.

Also a bunch of those additions Brian Williams mentioned are things that help with Simulation unlike 2K22 where you couldn't actually do anything new per-se, they just changed the mechanics around.

Obviously the positive sales are not just because of the gameplay but because the gameplay was well received for the most part AND the sales for the game were higher than previous entries, there's no reason for the devs to suddenly shift the gameplay to something completely different. 2K23 is probably gonna be 2K22 gameplay with a few extra mechanics thrown in but if you are expecting some monumental shift in how this game plays or expect them to revert back to 2K19 style gameplay, you're probably not gonna see that at all because there's no reason for them to make those types of changes. If you didn't like the combos, the blocking, the dodging, the tie ups, chances are those things are going to be back and be used in a way that's similar to how they were in 2K22.

1 hour ago, Rekka_No_Ryo said:

that was mentioned Cross only available to certain people if im not mistaken, like Cody for example. Though I hope they are not dumb enough not to add it to CAW mode and make it applicable to them.

Its not only for certain people, they just used Cody's move as an example, they never said its only available to certain wrestlers. Its any in ring springboards i'm guessing.

One particular thing that I do miss in previous wrestling games was the intergender tag team matches. They had matches where the divas can touch the male wrestlers in matches and it wasn't a situation where the men automatically had to tag out when the girls got in the ring.

I used to have fun making rivalries and story angles with the male superstars and women all the time and book them in matches. Everything is so segregated now, it seems impossible to have male and female superstars mixed in for story angles and etc.

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

Its not only for certain people, they just used Cody's move as an example, they never said its only available to certain wrestlers. Its any in ring springboards i'm guessing.

I certainly hope so. You guys know how long i've been begging for that.

That said, that cody cutter/ OsCutter could certainly use a reanimation while we're at it. The one taking the move while mocapping botched it up pretty bad.

43 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

I certainly hope so. You guys know how long i've been begging for that.

That said, that cody cutter/ OsCutter could certainly use a reanimation while we're at it. The one taking the move while mocapping botched it up pretty bad.

I'd say theres a high chance its got a new animation with Cody's first time being back in the games in years, i bet he's getting all kinds of new mocaps for his moves.

27 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

I'd say theres a high chance its got a new animation with Cody's first time being back in the games in years, i bet he's getting all kinds of new mocaps for his moves.

Finally, a cross rhodes that suits him and doesn't look like ass? Perhaps with a pin combo. Oh, the move whore in me is delighted at the prospect.

1 minute ago, CROSS-Out said:

Finally, a cross rhodes that suits him and doesn't look like ass? Perhaps with a pin combo. Oh, the move whore in me is delighted at the prospect.

I'm praying they got his Multiple Cross Rhodes in where he hits it once and holds on and hits it again. Like in this vid