Triple H reportedly wants to bring King of the Ring back to its old glory

T-Hell

Paul Levesque (Triple H) continues to make his mark on WWE, and there’s now an expectation that will include the return of an iconic event.

WrestleVotes told GiveMeSport that there’s a “very good chance” Levesque will bring back the King of the Ring tournament, but more notably, the classic format.

Rather than the tournament taking place over multiple weeks on Raw and SmackDown, WrestleVotes says it’s “likely” the whole tournament will take place as a one-night premium live event.

WrestleVotes said:

“There’s a very good chance that King of the Ring is back, and likely back in the format that had happened in the late 80s. The idea is that every single match will happen that night.

“In the 90s, a lot of the matches happened on Superstars and Raw, with the semi finals and finals on pay-per-view. If it’s going to come back on pay-per-view, which I would say is probably going to happen, you’re going to have a full-on one-night tournament.

“I mean, tournament wrestling is old school wrestling, and Hunter loves old school wrestling. If it still makes sense, especially when you have 500 people on the roster, you can do it. That’s what they’re going to do.”

Source: Wrestletalk.com

I personally love the idea. Also sorry for the poor editing, it's been a very long time since I make one of these. Hopefully I'm not infringing rules.

Archived