Episode 5: Learning The Ropes (Gameplay footage!)

A N T I -

Looks good so far.
The Arena looks nice and feels like it has quite some interactivity, visuals are neat and the animations, speed and transitions of the animations are fine.
But of course this is just showing off basic movements and nothing about Wrestling...but i like it so far.

My only real criticism are the feet going through the floor when he leaves the ring. Other than that, I can’t wait to see more and to finally get my hands on this game. I wish I could be useful to their gsme making process in some way, but they’ve got Dre41 who I more than trust with knowing what kind of things we’re looking for in this release. I don’t know what the devs think we expect from them, and I fear they think they have to compete with WWE’s game feature-wise and gameplay-wise, which is certainly not the case, atleast not for me. I just want them to run their own race but not take forever chasing perfection, if that makes sense.

9 hours ago, A N T I - said:

My only real criticism are the feet going through the floor when he leaves the ring. Other than that, I can’t wait to see more and to finally get my hands on this game. I wish I could be useful to their gsme making process in some way, but they’ve got Dre41 who I more than trust with knowing what kind of things we’re looking for in this release. I don’t know what the devs think we expect from them, and I fear they think they have to compete with WWE’s game feature-wise and gameplay-wise, which is certainly not the case, atleast not for me. I just want them to run their own race but not take forever chasing perfection, if that makes sense.

Im pretty sure the feet going through the floor, nobody adressed because its a alpha version...these kind of things will definitly be fixed.

Its not the Devs expectations i worry about.
I mean AEW keeps telling people that they dont aim to compete with the wwe games with Fight Forever, doesnt stop the people from constantly speaking about how Fight Forever is not competition etc.
The Wrestling Code devs could make a 10 minute video about how they arent aiming to be competition and the People would still treat it as such.

If you have a good PC, the early access that is supposed to come 2023 might be a good way to be helpfull.
But yeah, they seem to have good people so far helping with the game...things look solid, so thats good.

Next step is really to see how the wrestling gameplay is shaping up.
How the attacks feel, the moves, how the match flow is and all that...maybe we get something before the year ends, hopefully.

• 4 months later...

The animations and graphics look great so far!

He had only one glitch on his pants making the skin looking through the shorts at times and his feets dissappearing on the ground but I'm pretty sure both will be fixed.

It is a alpha version so such things are expected.

I would LOVE it for sure if everyone of the competitors are voiced talking during their entrances along with the promos and also having their screams and such during moves cause it would make the game really stand out and be more progressive then what the wwe or anyone else has put together so far. :)

• 3 months later...

I know as a consumer it's rough, but one would imagine and/or hope that, when there’s silence, it means they've got their heads down and are in the trenches working on this thing. We've been burned before so I can certainly see where some people are questioning whether it will ever come out or if it's just another too-good-to-be-true project that lacks the funding and manpower necessary to really get made and be a competitor in the market and have replay value when all is said and done. It seems such a project is always in place from generation to generation. When I was highschool or so, Pro Wrestling X was in that spot, and that ultimately went nowhere. This game feels so special and I really hope they see it through and it actually gets made and released within the next year or so.

Archived