Grudge Match
Casket Match
Apollo Crews vs. Grayson Waller
5zhjcZD.jpg

Grudge Match
Ambulance Match
Julius Creed vs. Damon Kemp
QFgwzeT.jpg

As a current watcher of NXT, so far this current iteration is not all that different from 2.0. Same thing with a slightly different presentation. The creative is still really, really bad. Most of the scripted promos are bad and very poorly delivered. And many of this current crop of wrestlers show little promise to me. Bron is still solid, though, and Ilja has been a positive addition.

These guys are hella generic. 

Feel like I'm watching a 2k22 match with people's caws. 

Guy in the red and black (Frazer, I think?) is telegraphing everything and doing a shit job of selling.

Yo...was that a murder? Lol. Pretty sure that toss onto the announce table was a murder.

-ladder match was a *censored*ing blast. very innovative. happy for Wes Lee. i don’t think Wagner is long for this company if i’m honest. he almost injured a fan with that ladder and he was doing his absolute best to avoid spots. but other than that, everyone looked great

-Waller/Crews was weird. i’m already not big on super gimmicky matches like this but the odd booking made it even harder for me. that said, after they brought the other casket out the match definitely picked up and ended up being a lot of fun. guessing Crews is looking at Bron now but i wonder what Waller does next. wouldn’t mind a call up for him tbh

-Roxanne/Jade was pretty fun too. some obvious trepidation with the weapons but they’re young. the high spot at the end was predictable but still alright. Cora definitely needs a lot of work imo both in ring and on the mic.

-Julius and Damon beat the dogshit out of each other. a few really illogical moments but i still had fun. if Julius can start delivering promos more naturally we definitely have a future star with him.

-admittedly didn’t pay too much attention to Mandy/Alba. had to skip most of the earlier skit and then it was time for food when they had the actual match so i was distracted.

-the main event was truly *censored*ing insane. everybody looked absolutely fantastic. i can’t say enough about this match but yet i can’t even find the words. i really wanted Ilja to win but it was impossible to leave this match dissatisfied. definitely a MOTY candidate.

Archived