Official WWE Crown Jewel Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

Kt520QC.png
Date: 5 November 2022, 12 PMET/9 AMPT
Venue: Mrsool Park
Theme(s): def rebel - Shining Bright

Undisputed WWE Universal Championship Match
Singles Match
Roman Reigns (c) (w/ The Bloodline) vs. Logan Paul (w/ Jake Paul)
CnoLxzM.jpg

Raw Women's Championship Match
Last Woman Standing Match
Bianca Belair (c) vs. Bayley
ijoY1RC.jpg

Grudge Match
Singles Match
Brock Lesnar vs. Bobby Lashley
jls87x2.jpg

Grudge Match
Singles Match
Braun Strowman vs. Omos (w/ MVP)
tqkrbuZ.jpg

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship Match
Tag Team Match
The Usos (c) vs. Butch & Ridge Holland
pGdaoNX.jpg

Grudge Match
Steel Cage Match
Drew McIntyre vs. Karrion Kross (w/ Scarlett)
wiLzldH.jpg

Grudge Match
Six-Man Tag Team Match
The O.C. vs. The Judgment Day (w/ Rhea Ripley)
JLcjtae.jpg

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Match
Tag Team Match
Asuka & Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Damage CTRL
Ps76lHD.jpg

Another Update On WWE Crown Jewel Following Attack Threat

Another Update On WWE Crown Jewel Following Attack Threat – WWE officials are reportedly in contact with United States government officials as they prepare to host WWE Crown Jewel in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia this Saturday.

As noted, it was reported earlier this week how the Saudis have shared intelligence with the United States, warning of an imminent attack from Iran on targets inside the Kingdom. The American military and others in the Middle East are reportedly on an elevated alert level, according to Saudi and U.S. officials. In response to the warning, the Kingdom, the U.S. and several other neighboring states have raised the level of alert for their military forces, officials said. Furthermore, The White House said it is concerned over the intelligence, and they won’t hesitate to respond accordingly. You can click here for the original report.

In an update, a new report from PWInsider notes that WWE has been in regular contact with the U.S. State Department ahead of Saturday’s event in the Kingdom.

Regarding the threat, it was noted that those in WWE were told that the area believed to be in danger of an attack is nowhere near Riyadh, the capital city where Crown Jewel is being held.

WWE officials reportedly had security protocols and emergency contingencies in place for any potential issues, even before the threat concern was reported this week. The security protocols include communications with private security firms that could be used if needed. WWE is hopeful all will be fine for their events in the Kingdom this week.

It was also noted that there are a lot of people within different areas of WWE who are monitoring the situation, and it has been a big topic of discussion among WWE employees here in the United States.

The Associated Press reported on Wednesday that a government official who confirmed the intelligence described the situation as a credible threat of an attack that could happen “soon or within 48 hours.” It should be noted that no U.S. Embassy or consulate in the region has issued updated guidance to Americans in the Kingdom or elsewhere in the Middle East based on the intelligence.

The Islamic Republic of Iran has denied the allegations via their mission to the United Nations, claiming they are “baseless.”

“Western and Zionist regimes spread biased news aimed at creating a negative mood towards the Islamic Republic of Iran and destroying the current positive trends with regional countries,” the mission said in a statement.

As noted, the WWE crew has started arriving in the Kingdom, and will be promoting the event locally. A press conference in Riyadh is scheduled for 10:05pm ET on Friday morning.

https://www.wrestlingattitude.com/2022/11/update-on-wwe-crown-jewel-following-attack-threat.html

It sounds like the proposed attack would be on energy infrastructure (ie: oil processing). So...now it makes sense why the US is "concerned". And also...Saudi Arabia probably deserves it. But...anyway, I guess we have to keep pretending that Saudi Arabia are "the good guys" just because they make us lots of money. Le sigh.

As for the safety of the performers...WWE used to fly into actual war zones when they did the early Tribute shows. There was footage of the guys and girls literally wearing army helmets while things exploded in the background. I'm not saying that makes the current situation any more acceptable. But, it certainly goes to show what WWE has deemed acceptable in the past. - Also, I'd be concerned about Saudi hospitality in general. They could literally lock up any of the talents for any number of reasons. - We could have another Brittney Griner situation. Or worse. - And I wonder how things will go without Vince being in control of things. Who was actually handling the business side of things? Are HHH and company familiar with how to handle the Saudis in general?

I honestly think that WWE just "have to" keep doing the Saudi shows because they signed on to do a specific number of them.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that they are terrified of going there but feel obligated by the deal they cut. 

Also...Bray is feuding with himself, and it's brilliant. Not sure I've ever seen anything like it.

Seems like a lot of people believe that Uncle Howdy is "another person".

But, it's really just Bray doing an entire program with himself.

(Even if they do bring other people in to portray the characters...that isn't what any of this is about). 

Definitely not better than Page. (Punk, yes...but not Page).

Paul's delivery lacked any really explosion. He did the rope part fluid and well...but the strike itself allowed too much of a gap to be closed.

When Page hits the move, it's usually right on target and the explosive action of the lariat itself is on-point.

- I have this same issue with the way that certain people hit moves like SSP and moonsaults. The first part can look pretty as hell...but the delivery is where the believability comes from. If you lack a convincing impact, the move isn't worth all that much. By the time Paul landed on his feet for the Lariat, he basically had to continue to move forward instead of planting himself and following through. The whole point of the buckshot is to allow the momentum of the ropes to follow through ONLY through the clothesline itself. The feet are supposed to stay where they land. It's a fulcrum. You flip, you land, you follow through. - If there's a distance to close, then you've wasted the momentum.

2 hours ago, glennsoe said:

And it looked way better and fluid than Page's !!!!

lmao hell no

Page's is one smooth motion, Logan did the flip, stopped, then did more of an exploding clothesline. Impressive, to pull off for anyone, but let's not get crazy.

-----

Looking just at reddit highlights, nothing seems too exciting. Would y'all recommend I watch anything in full from this show?

Watching Crown Jewel now:

For a sec, I thought Lesnar was going to break The Hurt Lock. So glad he didn’t because that should be saved for a guy like Wardlow in the future. ?

Please don’t have Alexa associate with Bray. Bad memories.

I really liked how they built the Roman/Logan match with the “one lucky punch” aspect.

Ooh, I liked that Bayley to Belly on the stage.

Man, I dunno about that finish to the LWS match… Seemed to me Bayley could have easily slipped out of that.

*Censored*, Logan Paul is such a natural. His strikes, his grappling, his mannerisms, his selling are so spot on.

Welp...so much for Logan Paul being "able to hang".

I mean...I recognize that it could happen to anybody.

But, I feel like it does say something about just trying to do what the boys and girls do with little experience.

Probably a good example of why you shouldn't be main-eventing wresting shows with only 3 matches under your belt.

Still...props where they're due.

Archived