Resident Evil has awful tie in media!

Oil Can

It is always completely terrible and pointless. Save for maybe the first two acceptable, popcorn type action RE, Paul Anderson directed movies. But that Netflix series, which got cancelled recently, was an utter joke.

Wesker isn't even black...

5 hours ago, Mister Eye said:

Don't do this. Believe me...this is not the way.

Wesker being black has absolutely zero bearing on whether something is "good" or "proper". 

-----

As for the actual content of the show...yeah, it wasn't a perfect match for the Resident Evil property. It didn't "do the games justice". Then again...the Resident Evil game series is all over the place anyway. In some ways, I thought the Netflix series being so zany was actually spot-on for what we've come to expect. And I'll be perfectly honest, I watched the entire series and enjoyed it for what it was. I actually did want a second season. Was it perfect? Far from it. Were the characters painfully flawed and outright stupid? Absolutely. Did it even stop making sense at some point? You bet. But I still binged the entire series in a day and thought "eh...that kept me entertained". - One thing that I really did enjoy about the series was the constant barrage of homages to the video games. I don't want to spoil anything for those who might want to watch it...but, they really did pack in a combination of subtle (and not so subtle) references to scenes/people/events from the games. This made watching feel like a fun little scavenger hunt...and this actually became my favorite part about watching the show in general.

Honestly, this was just a series that made me feel like a kid. I was able to tune out completely and watch some stupid bullshit for a day. In my book, that counts for something. - I'm sure it helped greatly that I never expected it to be "good" or to "do justice" to the franchise. (Keep in mind that the latest entry in the RE franchise was about a town of werewolves, ghosts, and a big-tittied vampire lady who turned into a dragon for some reason). How do we even set expectations for anything at this point?

On a parting note...the mainline Resident Evil films are also pretty bad, yes. But again...I would be lying if I didn't say that I still kind of enjoy them for what they are.

I dont know if there is even need to discuss when one complains about it and their main point is "Wesker isnt black".
Is that a base for a good discussion? I dont know.

The show failed to have a identity on its own.
It ran on the brand name but barely showed anything people recognize as Resident Evil.
The show would have worked better as its own and not by using the IP.

To be fair, i think the fans see more in RE than it is.
If you really look at it, RE is kind of goofy...the movies kind of did a good job at representing that imo.

I dont think RE is something you can do "justice" outside of games, but i dont know if you have to.
I think Adaptions should be given more leash from fans...especially when it is stuff like RE.
I get wanting some stuff, something like sonic to be as accurate to the games as possible...but RE is an IP i think you can experiment with more.

Well, I don't think the games are even that good any more, being honest. They just talk about Umbrella supposedly being back, and Capcom can have the main characters showing up in a relatively small capacity so that people think it's still all linked. But it feels incredibly disjointed today, because it feels like everything is happening so fast.

The gameplay in general also doesn't feel right. Guns feel a lot weaker. Some bosses feel more fantasy based than the scientific variety the other games established for years. 

Seems quite pointless to introduce a third person mode for RE8, when they still hide Ethan's face anyway. They tilt his head. Yet someone did something with the camera so people on YouTube seen his model had a face, when he was apparently the mostly unseen man walking in front of Rosemary's transport vehicle in the game's ending. Not the shadowy one they have added now. 

I have heard RE4's remake will be more horror focused. So that's a plus. The original RE4 is great for what it is, but just as a game not connected to any of the previous RE sequels. For it barely feels like one. So if you started with RE4, you can pick up the story almost immediately. You don't really have to have played the prior games to get to grips with what occurred, because the setting is entirely separate, and they mention it anyway.

Also, what is up with this guy? Meh.

https://biohaze.com/forum/search/member?user_id=1085

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 4:52 AM, Mister Eye said:

It is always completely terrible and pointless. Save for maybe the first two acceptable, popcorn type action RE, Paul Anderson directed movies. But that Netflix series, which got cancelled recently, was an utter joke.

and nick fury was never black but samual jackson made it work and now i cant picture him being anything else

Archived