Official AEW All Out 2022 Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

card should've been all the title matches and at most two grudge matches. hard for me to say the card was anything less than good but that’s mostly because of volume. like they scored 24 pts on 20 shot attempts. Trios and Tag Title matches were fantastic, but other than that, aside from the big fight feel of the main event, this was like a long episode of Dynamite.

but MJF!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah he’s going into business for himself, wtf is wrong with this guy. 

Punk might be the downfall of a company 

Tony Khan gonna have to alter the media scrum after tonight, you got reporters asking dumb ass questions while the wrestlers try to stay in character. Then you just go CM Punk.

fresh off TK saying he won’t be a pushover, he plays witness as Punk shits on the talent in his company with reckless abandon. i truly do hope he was working but otherwise i don’t see how this is helpful. Page looks more and more like a chump now because this dude keeps firing off on him and him being such a company guy keeps him from defending himself.

Punk can’t be that sensitive. there’s no way a barely decipherable promo got him this riled up. i truly don’t think he would behave like this in WWE because they for sure wouldn’t allow this but it seems like TK is in a spot where he has to either let him rock and shit on the roster he pays so much money for or push back and risk angering the biggest star he has into walking out. them meetings ain’t do shit apparently.

again, i hope i’m being worked and Punk is just a master at this shit, but he’s talking crazy bout a real life group of friends like they can’t just jump him lmao

Apparently they tried to jump him or something after his presser according to reports lmao. Even a video of a security guard storming out the press room during Keith Lee and Swerve’s presser.

After watching Punk’s whole thing, he’s making it seem like guys in the back refuse to take advice from Vets in the back like him, Mark Henry, Jerry Lynn, Dean Malenko, William Regal etc. Saying that they throw fits whenever they don’t get put in top guy positions.

Honestly looking like 2010 TNA but they’re actually making money

I’ve been a fan of CM Punk since 2007. That’s 15 years. I literally cried real tears when he returned a year ago in 2021. It is without a doubt my favorite wrestling moment OF ALL TIME. 

But, this dude is a cancer to every locker room he’s a part of. He’s got to go.

"Tell me when I'm telling lies!"

Work or shoot I'm with Punk on this, must be frustrating dealing with these tools backstage. Also nice to see him sh** on crumpets like Meltzer for spreading  specific narratives.

Honestly, I can’t see how anyone can side with the Elite guys. Kayfabe or not kayfabe. They’ve always struck me as very self-important, petty people. The advice thing has been a thing since the beginning of AEW. If you’re a person who isn’t interested in receiving advice, especially from people with a lot of experience and knowledge, then I think something is wrong with you. That’s a very negative trait to have to me.

53 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Honestly, I can’t see how anyone can side with the Elite guys. Kayfabe or not kayfabe. They’ve always struck me as very self-important, petty people. The advice thing has been a thing since the beginning of AEW. If you’re a person who isn’t interested in receiving advice, especially from people with a lot of experience and knowledge, then I think something is wrong with you. That’s a very negative trait to have to me.

Its hard to say, the Bucks certainly feel a bit self absorbed yeah, but Kenny? Hangman? I never heard anybody say anything bad about Hangman.
We know very little of what really is going on, and its not like Punk doesnt have a track record of being a prick that can dish out better than what he can handle.
I could see this being one of those usual "the truth is somewhere in the middle" thing.

Its such a messy situation, it feels like we needed to fill the void Vince left in terms of being a toxic asshole and now get a whole locker room that seems to be a bit tense.
Really weird timeline we are in.

Guest Fight Me.

I feel like Punk ain't wrong about some things he's said, but it also isn't shit you say in *censored*ing public. Could've easily no commented the question and talked shit out with these people already. If they aren't going to you, you go to them. You say you love AEW and want to help it but then create this crazy environment backstage. Come on now.

7 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Its hard to say, the Bucks certainly feel a bit self absorbed yeah, but Kenny? Hangman? I never heard anybody say anything bad about Hangman

Hangman saying he doesn’t take advice:

“Oh boy, I don’t know, I’m stubborn, I don’t take advice. It’s a good question and that’s probably the honest answer. I listen to people say things, but very rarely do I listen hard. I was part of the movement that created the entire company and I’m a world champion. I don’t know that I need their advice. I’ll certainly listen, but there is something to be said about trial and error and doing it on our own. I take more pride in that.”

11 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

I feel like Punk ain't wrong about some things he's said, but it also isn't shit you say in *censored*ing public. Could've easily no commented the question and talked shit out with these people already. If they aren't going to you, you go to them. You say you love AEW and want to help it but then create this crazy environment backstage. Come on now.

I can see that to a point. But I can also understand Punk’s frustration. The guy is getting his name ran through the wringer over bullshit and lies, so I can understand being frustrated enough to want to set the record straight in public.

Maybe he has tried to speak to them? They're known for not taking critique well and just flat out ignoring advice from people that quite frankly have more experience than they do.  Also if there is truth to the allegations that they're the ones stooging to the dirt sheets with these false narratives then Punk has every right to bury them publicly too. Its all very unprofessional but I can see why he's frustrated, there's clearly significant issues. 

Also people are quick to sh*t on Punk but the EVPs have also had several instances of having heat backstage too, Cody, FTR? Maybe just maybe they're an issue too?

Archived