Vince McMahon Retires… And Unretires

Guest Fight Me.

3 hours ago, The Nerd said:

Making new stars is something Vince deserved criticism on. Definitely. I’ve always agreed that he doesn’t get how to make a star in the current format. However, he did make Roman. Whether fans rejected him as a face in the past is literally the reason his current run is so legendary. It still came from Vince. Without those face runs there would be no current heel run. Drew is also someone who while was released and made himself over to the point he was resigned still is a main event star in WWE, under Vince’s rule. People like to pretend Vince didn’t make great decisions or push stars fans wanted. Daniel, Kofi, Punk even were pushes Vince booked and approved. Whether he was backed into a corner to make them or not he still did. I never want to have the reputation that I simp for Vince. However, there are worse people to simp for. Tony Khan being one. But allegations aside and certain stars fans have wanted pushed, what mess has Vince actually made. Most the people who have been buried weren’t draws or even good on mics which means thru couldn’t sell storylines. I’ve just always put myself in Vince’s shoes or any owned shoes. How would I book this or that. How would I push this person or not. Etc. So that’s always made me see things different. I genuinely, not trolling at all believe Vince knows how company better than anyone else. Fans wanted certain people pushed, got it and then started calling it boring over overrated and etc. By nature we as fans are all fickle. Each and every last one of us are fickle. Some of us have short attention spans and can’t appreciate decisions in the moment. Again, that’s each and everyone of us. But sometimes bad decisions down the road weren’t so bad after all. Vince hasn’t always been right or made the best decisions. We allllllll know that to be fact. However I don’t personally feel he’s this menacing evil ass diabolical villain fans make h out to be. Hell, if it was my company, you guys would’ve never saw Daniel at WM 30. But that’s just me. 

I appreciate the respectful and elaborate opinion of yours. The people he usually buried, in my eyes were amazing talent that impressed me during their NXT tenure because of how good they were in the ring mostly, was it for the moveset, for the agility, the dinamic, the chemistry with the opponent, etc. I saw and still see them as people who can entertain me in the ring, and maybe even with the mike, so that's one reason why I think Vince messed up.

Sure, he made Roman, Rollins, Cena and whatnot, but that's a huge minority compared to the amount of people he DIDN'T make, either because he didn't see them as big deals, which most fans clearly did, tried something with them and got bored like a child with a new toy in like 2 weeks, or directly couldn't bother. Plus the bad storytelling, things that didn't make sense etc.

You, as probably many other fans, are here for the "sports entertainment" and all these "legit" stars, and that's fine, but I, as many other fans, am here especially for the good quality wrestling and storytelling, something Triple H's NXT era was abundant with and was one of the most fun times I've had watching WWE, so that's what I want.

Also keep in mind these whole Bloodline story with Sami and the direction is taking is still going on because of Trips, if it was for Vince, Sami would have been kicked off by Summerslam or some shit, with a disappointing conclusion if I had to bet. But yeah, as you also said, that's just me.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sami was treated quite well under the Vince regime. Honestly, I think the current Bloodline storyline that’s playing out right now would virtually be the same if Vince was booker. The Bloodline has been great under both Vince and Triple H and I think that’s because Paul Heyman and Roman are allowed to control most of the creative.

Guys like LA Knight and Karion Kross are better examples to me. They’ve faired far better under Triple H than Vince. Beyond them, though, I’m hard pressed to think of others that have been dramatically booked better.

On 1/7/2023 at 5:25 PM, T-Hell said:

I appreciate the respectful and elaborate opinion of yours. The people he usually buried, in my eyes were amazing talent that impressed me during their NXT tenure because of how good they were in the ring mostly, was it for the moveset, for the agility, the dinamic, the chemistry with the opponent, etc. I saw and still see them as people who can entertain me in the ring, and maybe even with the mike, so that's one reason why I think Vince messed up.

Sure, he made Roman, Rollins, Cena and whatnot, but that's a huge minority compared to the amount of people he DIDN'T make, either because he didn't see them as big deals, which most fans clearly did, tried something with them and got bored like a child with a new toy in like 2 weeks, or directly couldn't bother. Plus the bad storytelling, things that didn't make sense etc.

You, as probably many other fans, are here for the "sports entertainment" and all these "legit" stars, and that's fine, but I, as many other fans, am here especially for the good quality wrestling and storytelling, something Triple H's NXT era was abundant with and was one of the most fun times I've had watching WWE, so that's what I want.

Also keep in mind these whole Bloodline story with Sami and the direction is taking is still going on because of Trips, if it was for Vince, Sami would have been kicked off by Summerslam or some shit, with a disappointing conclusion if I had to bet. But yeah, as you also said, that's just me.

I’ll agree on the Sami but n the Bloodline part. I do believe Vince would’ve eventually *censored*ed that up. Absolutely.

5 hours ago, The Nerd said:

Rich people pay for sex all the time. Long as it’s consensual, I don’t judge.

When it's with employees, it crosses the line. At that point, it's way too easy for people to feel that they have no choice if they want to keep their jobs. So, yes...I do judge.

I'm with Gen on this one; the moment there's an implicit situation of power of one over the other (such as a possible fear, real or imagined, of losing ones job or career), that power imbalance makes the entire thing at best unethical and immoral and at worst highly *censored*in illegal.

Vince McMahon.. this *censored*ing old fool is willing to ruin the lives of hundreds, maybe even thousands of employees and burn the entire legacy to the ground so long as he gets to make poop jokes about the ashes.

This is one of the darkest timelines.

2 hours ago, The Nerd said:

Who is we? 

When and if this new Saudi WWE era starts, I give you three months to realize that even you will despise that. I get that you love to lick that man's ball, but to not have a problem with this decision is kinda *censored*ed up, tbh.

On 1/9/2023 at 10:53 PM, The Nerd said:

Rich people pay for sex all the time. Long as it’s consensual, I don’t judge.

Remember he paid of at least 4 women to keep stuff from coming out. That doesn't scream consensual to me

It's a sign of a pervert not wanting the world to know what he did..

He should be in jail and  not in another boardroom.. 

Archived