Vince McMahon Retires… And Unretires

Guest Fight Me.

Found on reddit:

Cultaholic - EXCLUSIVE: We can report that WWE will make overtures to bring Goldberg in to replace Brock Lesnar at WWE Summerslam after he walked out of Smackdown following Vince McMahon's retirement. The source revealed that Smackdown plans are "in flux."

Are we sure Vince is gone?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CROSS-Out said:

Jesus Christ..

Assuming you don’t have a Twitter because I’m certainly sure it isn’t the first time you’ve seen someone allude to him doing coke or even joking about it. Either way, Jesus ain’t got nothing to do with this. 

42 minutes ago, The Nerd said:

Assuming you don’t have a Twitter because I’m certainly sure it isn’t the first time you’ve seen someone allude to him doing coke or even joking about it. Either way, Jesus ain’t got nothing to do with this. 

Seriously dude, your irrational hatred bordering on obsesssion is getting sad now.

1 hour ago, AegisAvenger said:

I'm glad that he's finally gone, but at the same time I appreciate what he created and built for so many years. That doesn't mean I don't find the current product shitty and boring as all *Censored* for the recent years, and many decisions debatable at the very least. I think the wrestling fan mindset has changed to the point where half or most of us want better planning and better wrestling matches, and Vince clearly didn't adapt to that. He still got plenty of loyal fans there, as it can be seen every week in the crowd, so it's not like everyone were tired of him or the product.

And let's be honest, just because WWE is wrestling ENTERTAINMENT doesn't mean it can't have awesome matches, good planning and character development, etc. Instead sometimes we get scripts ripped up two hours before the show, stuff that don't make sense at all, incredible talent fired and a whole bunch of ideas that are inmediately dropped before they even get a slim chance of success.

And it's not like this was avoidable. The man is 77 and sooner or later he was gonna die or lose cognitive capacities and be unable to run the company anymore. I'm sure WWE will be fine without him, it's just a matter of chosing the right people to be in charge.

So in other words, thank you for everything Vince, but also thank you for leaving now.

Wonder if this also means that wwe looses Vince's most trusted man, the attorney Jerry Mcdevitt.

Jerry knows where All the bodies (secrets) are hidden. 

Jerry stated recently that he was looking to work less and spend more time at home in the future.

He also signed of on the famous NDA's too..

3 hours ago, glennsoe said:

Wonder if this also means that wwe looses Vince's most trusted man, the attorney Jerry Mcdevitt.

Jerry knows where All the bodies (secrets) are hidden. 

Jerry stated recently that he was looking to work less and spend more time at home in the future.

He also signed of on the famous NDA's too..

Would make the most sense. He definitely shouldn’t be their anymore or anywhere near the company. Which I’m hoping also means Dunn is leaving. I want all the surrounding “problems” gone also. 

I appreciate all the good that Vince McMahon did for WWE behind the scenes, and all the memories the Mr. McMahon character help create on screen over the years, but with that being said. I am very, very happy to see that he's stepped away for the sake of the future of the company. Vince was a huge problem behind no real progress being able to get made due to his constantly changing scrips last minute according to report after report, and making some ones push get dropped just because he didn't get the hype around them regardless of what us fans had to say about said popular character.

I'm aware that it will likely not happen right away, but I'm confident that over time more quality people will start to come in and make the product worth watching again. That's all I ever asked for. 

I definitely expect things overall to change for the better. It’s no denying Vince gave us great memories and I stan him. For better or worse actually. But the less micro managing, the rewriting scripts on the fly and etc has to be breath of fresh air for the talent. Im hoping the backstage environment is better and I hope morale is being uplifted. Also hoping Dunn is *censored*ing leaving as well. 

Do I appreaciate that Vince continued his fathers work and kept the wwf and later wwe running? Yes!

Do I appreaciate that he kept using the women as sex objects, had people running cliche and cookie cutter gimmicks while letting his disgusting goons like Kevin Dunn be sexistic, unfair and respectless towards the talents? No!

Do I appreciate that he let Bill Dermott bully the males and females he were supposed to train and even made sure some of them were let go because they stood up for themselves for so many years before he was forced to let him go after he got a huge shitstorm about the matter when talent spoke up about the situation? No, because something like that should had never happen under his watch if he were seriously interested on treating talents with respect.

Do I appreaciate that he always kept destroying the mens tag division and used the women as "Divas" for several years restricting them to death? No!

Do I appreaciate that he kept ruining ppvs and shows by changing things within a minute? No!

Do I appreaciate that he fired Triple H after depowering and destroying everything good he had created down in NXT? No!

Even I was never really a fan of Stephanie, did I appreaciate that he throwed out his own daughter after she did everything he wanted the way he wanted after so many years and even shaded her on social media? No, because she really didn't deserve this treatment!

Do I appreaciate that he was forced to "Retire"? Yes cause I really hope that Triple H and Steph will bring the WWE to the future and create a watchable, entertaining product for every fan out there again!

Do I appreaciate that Brock Lesnar left after his feeding hand left the building? Yes!

Now they can take all the millions they wasted on him and invest them into the future of the wwe. 

1 hour ago, glennsoe said:

Maybe people in wwe dare to sneeze now?

Xia Brookside already mentioned that they are allowed to do indie shows outside of the wwe now. :)

This is something that Vince would had never allowed!

Man, for some time i wondered how the day Vince retires would look...im indifferent about it to be honest.
As much good as he did for wrestling, as much bad he did.
He seems like a repulsive person to some, to others a fanastic passionate guy.

I dont want to praise him as person for sure, the dude surrounded himself with trash and most recent rumors strengthen the idea that he is a Monster...so i will definitly never defend Vince McMahon for second.

What i know is that it can only get better from here on out for me personally.
I have no interest in the WWE product outside of the games and gossip, because the product had to be done to please this one old dude.
So for me this is for sure a win.

The rest, we will see...rumors state that there might be more nasty stuff coming out about Vince... we will see.

4 hours ago, Saturi said:

Do I appreaciate that Brock Lesnar left after his feeding hand left the building? Yes!

Now they can take all the millions they wasted on him and invest them into the future of the wwe. 

I wouldn't call their arguably biggest draw a waste of money.

BTW, since you're seemingly unaware, Lesnar did actually turn up on SD last night. He's not gone.

Vince fought in the trenches as well, but he's still a horrible person. He was surrounded by good minds as well, which probably is why WWE had so many iconic moments, but that came at the expense of promotions. Seems like he's stepping down because of the allegations and scandals. 

• PaperThinWalls changed the title to Vince McMahon Retires… And Unretires

Archived