Official AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.
2h9WFxN.jpeg
Date: June 26, 2022
Venue: United Center

AEW Interim World Championship
Singles Match
xJlBVkH.jpegJon Moxley ????????? vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi ????

IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
Four-Way Match
DKNaksR.jpegJay White (c) vs. Hangman Adam Page vs. Kazuchika Okada vs. Adam Cole

AEW Women's World Championship
Singles Match
UB2GzFA.jpegThunder Rosa ?????? (c) vs. Toni Storm ???????

AEW All-Atlantic Championship
Four-Way Match
tvFcHuN.jpegMalakai Black vs. PAC vs. Miro vs. Clark Connors

IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship
Singles Match
I5iRWjb_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&Will Ospreay ????????? (c) vs. Orange Cassidy ?????????

IWGP Tag Team Championship + ROH World Tag Team Championship
Winner Takes All
megt0or.jpegFTR (c) vs. The United Empire (c) vs. Roppongi Vice

Grudge Match
Trios Match
ECSms1m.jpegLe Sex Gods & Minoru Suzuki vs. Eddie Kingston, Wheeler Yuta & Shota Umino

Grudge Match
8-Man Tag Team Match
AzqBMCt.jpegThe Bullet Club w/ Hikuleo vs. Dudes With Attitudes (Sting, Darby Allin & Shingo Takagi)

Grudge Match
Singles Match
rY0pNdr.jpegZack Sabre Jr. vs. ???

The Buy-In
Tag Team Match
ypgZF3B.jpegSwerve In Our Glory vs. Suzuki-Gun

Grudge Match
8-Man Tag Team Match
F6sopHM.jpegThe Gunn Club & Max Caster vs. NJPW Dojo

Grudge Match
Tag Team Match
qsusiac.jpegThe Factory vs. CHAOS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

Not sure if it is anymore lol

NJPW Dominion:

I'm holding out hope that Okada will face Danielson instead, but it seems Zack Sabre Jr. has called him out.

Boy, the build for this PPV has been piss poor. I thought NXT's In Your House was crap. I have no interest of any of these matches. None whatsoever. They failed to build any actual intrigue. Some of these may be "Dream" matches for some and that's all they care about. But for me, I need compelling feuds and I'm not getting that here. It's just a bunch of dull, flat matches to me.

Oh and the amount of multi-man matches on this card is crazy.

Still hyped as hell for the card, how could one not? Look at all that talent god damn it.
But of course, considering the original plan...it hurts that we didnt get what was originally wanted.

Im sure it will still be an awesome show.

Guest Fight Me.
41 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

I'd love to see some video packages of the guys coming in to wrestle,but that ship has sailed..

Not everyone follows njpw and such like aew thinks..

They do but they keep that stuff on YouTube on their "Road to" videos and I imagine the Countdown special after Rampage tonight will do the same. I mean I don't even have time to watch those so I agree that it would've been nice to see on Dynamite instead.

But I'm just going into this similarly to ECW One Night Stand. Just a night of great wrestling that doesn't need to have consequences following so they could just go crazy and do whatever they want here lol Unless of course they do something crazy like switch the world titles between promotions but I doubt they'd do something that brave here.

I would like to say having a bunch of video packages and generally re-tooling how they presented the NJPW guys would have added some interest. But truthfully, that would have still done little for me. Most of these NJPW guys they have featured on their programming failed to impress me. If I still actually watched NJPW, these guys would still be guys I don’t give a shit about. Jeff Cobb? Great-O-Khan? Roppongi Vice? Will Ospreay and his dudes? Over-the-hill Suzuki (who’s really showing his age now)? Heck, even Tana, my favorite NJPW wrestler when I watched, seems to have lost a step. The only guy that did anything for me was Jay White. The material he had to say was blah and uninteresting to me but at least the delivery was exceptional. That’s it. One guy. You had Okada, but it was only a brief appearance. Same with ZSJ. So yeah, with this current crop of NJPW guys, I don’t think video-packages would have accomplished much for me anyway; the talent just isn’t there in my view.

And this isn’t even considering how poor the timing of this whole event has been. AEW has acquired a good amount of talent this past year and I think it’s more crucial to get this new group of talent over and exposed than spending time on another promotion’s talent.

Archived