Resident Evil series

AegisAvenger

11 hours ago, First Aid Kit said:

The 'Separate Ways' scenario is likely being planned as DLC. 

https://www.thegamer.com/resident-evil-4-remake-datamine-separate-ways-development/

I hope so, the preorder DLC was ass tbh so this game needs some legit good DLC.

On a separate note (no pun intended), I really hope the metal armor Ashley attire is in this game, I loved playing the original game with her wearing that. I don't want to search spoilers for this as I want to find out for myself.

While I enjoyed the freedom to move and shoot, I did find the puzzles were too frequent and there's no obvious answer to some of them. By far the worst one is the picture puzzle with the hexagon parts. 

Another thing I felt they didn't need to add was the lazer security perimeters, but it made the game more of a challenge, I suppose. 

Finished the game for my first run tonight, and I think it may be my new favourite ResiEvil game. Is it perfect? Nah, no game is, but there was never a point where any frustrations even slightly dampened my enjoyment of the game.

I cannot possibly describe the dread I felt when i recognized the hallway to the regenerators area that I felt, though. Sweet Christ, they somehow made them even more horrifying.

I'm about half way through the game and I'm already thinking about my next play through on the next difficulty level. I usually start on the easiest and make my way up the difficulty levels through every playthrough. I will agree, this is the best of the remakes.  I replayed RE2 and 3 after playing 4 and the other two just felt off, not enough action.

The game is really fun to watch. - I would be completely stressed out if I was trying to play it...but, I love watching it.

Just watched part 4 of MaxmillianDoods playthrough and saw all the mine cart stuff. Just really entertaining. It's definitely interesting to see how they developed certain parts of the original game into bigger or more meaningful sections in the remake. It's also crazy to me how good people can be at games like these. Just the reaction times and quick aiming and very accurate headshots and stuff. Always blows my mind, because...well...I guess I'm not that coordinated. Lol.

1 hour ago, Generations said:

The game is really fun to watch. - I would be completely stressed out if I was trying to play it...but, I love watching it.

Just watched part 4 of MaxmillianDoods playthrough and saw all the mine cart stuff. Just really entertaining. It's definitely interesting to see how they developed certain parts of the original game into bigger or more meaningful sections in the remake. It's also crazy to me how good people can be at games like these. Just the reaction times and quick aiming and very accurate headshots and stuff. Always blows my mind, because...well...I guess I'm not that coordinated. Lol.

i also love the fact it isnt the same game just remaster a lost of stuff was added and changed

Yeah a ton more was added to the game, the map is huge. I may be in the minority as far as this series goes, but I think I prefer the brain-controlled zombies like in RE4 and 5 compared to slow zombies from the other RE games. RE4 and 5 are my favorites and it has to be because the "zombies" can grab weapons and hack you to death. That is much more frightening than walking corpses. Plus the cultist in RE4 are so much cooler than any zombie on the street.

For those who are only watching others play, I suggest playing this game on the easiest mode, that's what I do going back to the original RE4, then I work my way up the difficulty ladder. I know how the game ends lol so I'm not spoiling much for myself by starting off easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Passed the game yesterday on the easiest mode and tried to do another play-through on hardcore. That was too difficult lol, I had to go back to standard difficulty. The jump in difficulty is so high that it's quite frustrating to play at times, the normal enemies are so much more difficult to beat and they seem to just come out of nowhere at times,. You're pretty much gonna get hit no matter how safe you are playing.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's sad that Ada Wong's voice actress got all that heat on Instagram. But I always knew the RE fanboys could be rabid, since I too have dealt with them for many a year.

Some guy on Fandom said to me that the series adapting to all of the recent silliness will ensure the survival of it.

Uh! Really?

OK, sure. Having new ideas isn't necessarily shameful. But you need things that's recognisable to the franchise. So having things like vampires, or lycanthropes, and the other lame fantasy nonsense Capcom made up, may not be everyone's idea of "adaptation." But whatever, right? 

These days, I find it's completely pointless to talk to people like that. You cannot sway their thought pattern.

While I also believe people can play whatever they want, they also sound like people who started with either RE4 or one of the RE Engine games, so they usually bash the PlayStation or GameCube era games because tank controls and fixed camera angles just aren't their thing. 

Sure, that's maybe not everybody's idea of fun. But that's how RE began. That's what a lot of fans love about the games. But many old school fans will tell you that RE4 was the game that took RE in a completely different direction.

By the way, this forum can be somewhat fiddly at times. If I just so much as click on something the wrong way, it gets tagged as a spoiler, or whatever the change in text indicates. I don't even know how to undo this either. But yeah...

While I agree that Ada's voice actress sounds uninspired and dull, I also feel like that was intentional. I say this judging by the facial expressions, or lack-thereof of the Ada character model in the cut-scenes. She looks like she is about to fall asleep as she talks. I'm not going to say what parts so as not to spoil it but the last boss fight is a good example of this. I feel like she was meant to be portrayed as monotone and not show emotion.

I'd advise you to be careful with RE fans. Take it from me. If you disagree with them, they lay into you like Mike Tyson.

One of them actually spends his whole time coming online and following me around the web, denying he's a fan in Australia. Seriously...

His account got banned on Umbrella Online, but I requested it since he took my primary user name that I normally go by on message boards.

And he's 37 too. That's why it's so sad. Because you would think someone his age would just learn to let go of a pointless grudge.

8 hours ago, Baby Eagle is Missing said:

I'd advise you to be careful with RE fans. Take it from me. If you disagree with them, they lay into you like Mike Tyson.

One of them actually spends his whole time coming online and following me around the web, denying he's a fan in Australia. Seriously...

His account got banned on Umbrella Online, but I requested it since he took my primary user name that I normally go by on message boards.

And he's 37 too. That's why it's so sad. Because you would think someone his age would just learn to let go of a pointless grudge.

Please stop making generalizations like this. Every fanbase has its rabid idiots, but not all of us are dumbasses.

I don't agree with the harrassment of Wongs voice actress, obviously; but it IS bad. If it was intentional, then that's still pretty stupid since the previous game in the reboot line had her much more vocal and emotional. Here it doesn't even sound like Ada is bored, it sounds like the voice actress was bored; or it sounds like they recorded her when she was memorizing her lines instead of actually voicing them for the finished product or something. It's not good, and it stands out in an otherwise pretty well acted game. People who are attacking the actress for this, however, need a serious reality check and a smack upside the head for good measure.

Now, I know the voice actress played her in a movie as well; but I have not seen that film as of yet so I can't speak as to whether she did a better job there or not, so whether its the voice actresses fault for the flat delivery or the voice directors, I can't say. All I can say is that if Separate Ways is indeed going to be DLC, I hope they fixed it whatever the issue is. Whether that be the current voice actress gracefully stepping aside for someone else or the voice director being told to knock that crap off, either way, I just hope the end product is high quality.

Well, man. I don't think Ada is as bad as Chris Redfield's model in RE7, but I don't care. I'm past caring about who they choose for what role. They don't even really care either, and it shows that Capcom has dropped the ball in some regard. 

Essentially, the plot in the games is so obscure now. In RE7, they introduced a new storyline about Umbrella returning, and seemingly being on the good side. Although I still think it's a ploy to keep fans guessing, and Umbrella will always be Umbrella, right? Even so, it sounded pretty intriguing. That should have went somewhere.

Then RE8 arrived, and wow. What were they injecting? Apparently, Redfield's steroids. Because, oh wow. I was expecting witches to fly around on broomsticks, but the black dragon thing did the job just perfectly.

It's hilariously out of place, even for the RE franchise. But whatever. Because it is what it is...

Archived