Continental Alliance Wrestling 2K22

Oz70NYC

So, the game's been out for just over 2 months now, and we've seen our 1st DLC pack for it released as well. After spending all this time painstakingly picking apart all aspects of not just the creation suite, but the in ring combat, I've figured out all I needed to know. In the interim of that, I've created a handful of my characters that are just about ready to be unleashed upon your rosters. The 1st series of uploads will be done this weekend, but in the meantime here's a match to showcase 2 of them...the new look Primo Valiante and Dru Mercer, as well as the 2K22 version of the CAW Conflict arena.

Upload Release #1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, darkwarrior3007 said:

Oh I can't wait to see the 2k22 versions of your characters.

Had a private conversation with him if he was doing it & glad he's pulling the trigger on it & have been waiting for him to bring his work to the game & he's one of the best. It's a shame that his Brother & another Caw maker decided to not do the game this year but do hope that his brother will return when the AEW game comes out. 

7 minutes ago, XWF1000 said:

Had a private conversation with him if he was doing it & glad he's pulling the trigger on it & have been waiting for him to bring his work to the game & he's one of the best. It's a shame that his Brother & another Caw maker decided to not do the game this year but do hope that his brother will return when the AEW game comes out. 

From what we've seen, the only thing that will NOT keep us from jumping onboard Fight Forever is if the creation suite isn't up to par. If it's even equally as deep as 2K's, we're definitely..."All In". (See what I did there? LOL)

Alright boys, here comes the 1st content release for 2K22:

BlakeEvans.thumb.jpg.afdc66f3b65f1e3e90d9dd23611e482c.jpg

My flagship heel character and for some reason that I still don't get...one of my most downloaded characters. Over the last 5 years I've set Blake down a path of madness and destruction which has within the last 2 years...specifically after a crushing loss to Sebastien Nova of all people...seen him go completely off the rails. He's less of a man and more of a rabid, violent, mouth frothing beast. Think Dexter Lumis combined with peak Viper Randy Orton (the version that liked kicking people in the head.) Blake Evans has "Chosen Violence, because violence solves everything". So what made me decide to shave his head? I dunno. I guess I just wanted to differentiate him a bit more from his twin brother. Also decided to give him a long tights alternate attire as opposed to a red color swap of the trunks. Outside of that he's the same hyper violent psychopath he's always been. Some folk might remember late in 2K19 I had made Blake look like Farcry 5's Joseph Seed. I decided to take that concept and turn it into an entirely new character...which will be showcased here in due time.

BrettEvans.thumb.jpg.3dcb8cadb759d4d2e5f220770b15d6a2.jpg

The less unhinged twin brother of Blake. Many years ago they broke into the business together as the tag team "The Evans Brothers" and then "The Natural Born Thrillerz". After suffering a believed to be career ending MCL injury, Brett was forced to leave the sport, and Blake set out on a singles career that would eventually see him a world champion. But Brett refused to give up, so he left the US and ventured to Japan...where he received a revolutionary stem cell procedure that would see his MCL heeled to 85% functionality. For the rest of his recovery he would train vigorously at the vaunted Togo Dojo, and resume his career as a singles wrestler in Japan. Much like his twin, he was destined for greatness...as he earned the status of one of the greatest Gaijin wrestlers in all of Japan, seeing him earn a reign as the VJPW World Champion, as well as the longest reigning non-Japanese N-1 World Champion and the 1st American born wrestler to win the Grappler's World Grand Prix tournament in over 25 years. (The last one to do so being Simon Fierhartin 1997.)

In 2020, Brett decided it was time to "come home" and remind the west there's more than one Evans who can get it done in the ring. In recent months, he's found himself trying to snap his brother from the seeming darkness he's fallen into, but the emergence of a mysterious "Seer" named Sam Hein and his group "Salvation In Nihilism" continues to draw Blake into becoming more and more violent and cruel.

Brett's overall design hasn't changed. I always try to go for the clean, futuristic Puro look for him. This year is no different.

DruMercer.thumb.jpg.3aa26ed37f627dc566ff0777596c73e4.jpg

There's a reason why Dru Mercer is known as "The Archetype". Since his return from an injury in 2002 which saw the then known as "Dru Romeo" pack on almost 100lbs of muscle and transform from a high flyer to a bruising powerhouse, he solidified himself as the best pound for pound superheavyweight in the industry...a fact that still remains true 20 years later. In fact, the only "Big Man" in wrestling who has lasted as long as him "The Last Giant" Liedhamer. In 2019, Dru made it clear he wanted 1 final run as CAW World Champ before hanging up his boots, but he was soundly beaten in the attempt granted to him at the hands of the reigning and unbeaten current champion "The Samoan Warlord" Timoa Mamula. This crushing loss lit a fire under Dru's ass and let him know he wasn't ready to call it a career just yet. Not until he avenges the loss to Mamula. He's been on the hunt for a rematch ever since, taking on all challengers. However, he finds himself now facing another challenge in the form of his former student and protege Sean Trueth, who since becoming a member of former rival and friend Masato Tennouji's zaibatsu, has gone undefeated himself...and aims to cut down his former teacher with the "Sword Of Trueth".

My 2nd longest tenured character. Been making him since 1999.  Most know his character history, so I'll skip the major stuff. Aside from trimming his hair (which may change, still on the fence) and giving his gray some Just For Men, there's no change in his look save for the kneepads...cuz I was to lazy to find his own ones. As far as his build, as he's aged I've gone more for the bear/powerlifter physique for him. Though the body types are preset...this is generally what I'll be shooting for as far as his build going forward.

EvanSlade.thumb.jpg.8d2aa04e36207c7cc890c741fcbe7c6b.jpg

Evan Slade is not the same. Something has come alive with him which as seen him become far more dangerous. Some would say even the 2nd coming of his legendary father, Vincent Fate...better known to the world as RIOT. A series of decisive loses to Mamula, Primo and Alban Nazo forced Evan to take a step back and realize why how in his storied career he's been chasing champions, but never a champion himself. This has given birth to a far more aggressive, cunning and calculated Evan Slade. One who takes far less risks in the ring, but makes up for it in impact. HIGH impact. The changes have seen immediate winfalls for him in the past few months, beating Nazo in a best of 7 series, than following up with a non-title win against current CAW Continental champion Dylan Brody. A sleeping dragon has been awoken within him, and the fangs are out.

Saw an opportunity to change things up with Evan's character, so I did. Some might see similarities to the more darker look of Evan and his dear old dad. That's intentional for reasons that will come to light when the time comes to tell that story. For now, he's just 100% pure bad-ass. His 2nd attire is more of a "rocker boy" look akin to Cyberpunk 2077's Johnny Silverhand. Wanted to keep some Heavy Metal influence to one of his looks, whereas his 1st attire is 100% Dark Trap/Witch House.

PrimoValiante.thumb.jpg.ba1f02a92084ab4377833cb964abc18b.jpg

If ever there were a man capable of unseating Mamula from his throne, it's "The Roman".  Since the dissolution the "International Incident" stable by way of losing to long time rivals Ryan Fierhart, Jayson Jones and his nephew Prentice, Primo departed from CAW for several months, whereas Alban Nazo set out for solo glory, and Mamula formed "The Warborn" alongside  Jungsung Baavgai and Buliwyf. In late 2021, he'd return to CAW draped in several championships...having returned to Europe and conquered numerous promotions. He'd also return sporting the black & gold motif he'd worn early in his career, as well as not alone. He'd be flanked by one of his closest allies, who hadn't been seen in CAW for over 10 years, Franco Bruno and well as his younger brother Arturo Valiante, and they'd announce themselves as the "Sons Of Mars". It would seem that Primo had returned back to his goal of restoring the art of professional wrestling to it's traditional glory, but in order to see that goal met, he'd need to beat his former ally and become CAW World champion. There'd be plenty of men ready to stand in the way of that task, from Mercer, to Trueth, to Slade, Jones and numerous others. To insure his advantage however, he inserted a clause into his contract that no one saw until it was too late. All 1 on 1 matches versus he, his brother or Bruno would be fought under the rules he introduced to the west and made his name upon, The King's Road match, where there is no rope breaks and matches are won via pinfall, submission or 10 count KO.

Good ol' Primo. One of only 3 characters of mine I kept from the days of LXW (the other 2 being Lakoda Rose and Aimee LeBlanc). Decided to make a few changes to him this year to fit his new (or moreso "old" character direction). For a while I'd relegated Primo to being a support character to several others, including Scott O'Dell in the "Upper Echelon" faction in XWA and PWN. This year I decided to restore him back to elite status, with his own stable made up of characters from his past. Franco made once back in the PS2 days, and Arturo has only been made in FirePro, so I'm gonna have fun giving them modern day updates. As fro Primo, I went with a hybrid of his modern look and his original look, which saw him with long blond hair. So, I gave him long dark hair, and the black & gold color scheme his original look had when he debut as "Prime" back in the early 2000s. I also opted to change his nickname from "The Roman Crippler" to simply "The Roman" cuz it just sounds so bad-ass. I was going to go with a more regal look...but then that'd just make him look like a brunette version of my brother's character...Maximus.

TimoaMamula.thumb.jpg.f9a87646f9e6e155167480f30281b564.jpg

The Samoan Warlord. The World Breaker. By any other name, Timoa Mamula is the most devastating force in CAW, and perhaps in all of wrestling. 350lbs of raw power, agility, speed and skill, the things he's capable in the ring defy logic and bring about shock and awe. One of the 2 1st students of Simon Fierhart alongside Gabriel Niyol, Timoa's origins are humble...a kid from Samoa who traveled to Los Angeles looking to make a name for himself in wrestling. His 15 year journey has seen him go from a fun loving, colorful fan favorite, into the menacing heir to the namesake of "Destroyer". Since winning the CAW World title in late 2018, he's held it with an iron fist, crushing all challengers set in front of him. From up and comers the likes of Jarret Caesar and Isiah Ocean, to grizzled veterans like Dru Mercer and Evan Slade...even besting his one time friend Gabriel in a brutal Thunderdome match. Within the last 4 months, he's openly set his sights on the Destroyer himself...his former mentor Simon Fierhart. Openly mocking and challenging him for the namesake of Destroyer claiming that "No one fears you anymore, old man. They fear me." In fact, he's become incensed with luring Simon into the ring with him so much that he and the Warborn have set out on a crusade to crush Simon's family, singling out Gabriel Niyol, brother Ryan Fierhart and son Abel Fierhart in numerous attacks. All the while still awaiting the challenge for his champion. Some would say Mamula has bitten off more than he can chew. But he's big enough to chew his fill.

The change in Timoa is more in character tone rather than look. His Meng/Samoa Joe looks are perfect for him, so there's no need to change those. It's his obsession in wanting to fight Simon that's what drives him currently. The plan is to actually play that out in a project I'm calling "Story Mode". I've got 2 I want to work on. One is the story of Simon's final run before hanging up his boots, the other is the rise of my new "main character" Isias Obelor, aka I.O./I©ONYC.

The tags to find them all: OZCAWS, CAW2K22, Oz70NYC

Note: Dru and Timoa use content from the Banzai pack. I WILL NOT BE UPLOADING VERSIONS THAT DON'T...so don't ask.

Was playing that game today & this comes out tonight? Oh well, I'll get them Tuesday but only 2 or 3 BUT at least in this game, they'll allow you to upload as many CAWS as you want, I'd think. Maybe around the 100 mark? Anyways, Glad you are doing this but do hope that your brother could change his mind on this game. He just did a video about the Whole WWE2k19 server shut down situation. 

Great work as always. Love the background stories and really like the 2nd Mamula attire. Can’t wait to see your other content that is coming out. I’m still playing 2k19 too and using many of your creations on that like Jarrett Caesar and Terry Ryan as well as pretty much all the N1 roster. Can’t wait to see this year’s spin! 

12 hours ago, XWF1000 said:

Was playing that game today & this comes out tonight? Oh well, I'll get them Tuesday but only 2 or 3 BUT at least in this game, they'll allow you to upload as many CAWS as you want, I'd think. Maybe around the 100 mark? Anyways, Glad you are doing this but do hope that your brother could change his mind on this game. He just did a video about the Whole WWE2k19 server shut down situation. 

Yea, he's pretty much let everyone know that he's waiting to see what AEW: Fight Forever and The Wrestling Code have to offer before deciding which direction to take his wrestling content. I doubt we'll see him back on a WWE game unless 2K23 blows the doors off.

As far as what's next for me? Females. I've got 4 complete, and I'm working on another 4 this weekend. Still trying to figure out an efficient way to make move-sets. As far as the creation process...CAM is unnecessarily convoluted, and I'm not a fan of the combo system. I prefered when we could make our own. 

True that. Combo system is a monster to get used to, especially with move sets. Feels less like wrestling and more like fighting with wrestling elements. It's fun, but please just give me a wrestling game that understands momentum and actual match flows instead of doing a dang springboard moonsault 5 moves into the match.

That said, def looking forward to the ladies, any new names in the pipeline or just the same ol' stable?

Only a couple new ones. I've gotta account for slot space. Also, I need a favor from everyone. If you've downloaded any of the above CAWs and the logos disappeared off of them, please let me know in this thread, via PM or over PSN if you're on a Sony console.

2 hours ago, judas priest superstar said:

the logos disappear if you're at 999 logos on your system, they don't tell you you're over the limit when downloading anymore, so that's why it's happening. it's not on your end @Oz70NYC as a creator

REALLY?!! They took that away for that game? That is BAD NEWS INDEED. So far I've gotten almost 60 caws But will be 62 once I'd download his stuff. There are Caws that I'd download that have a lot of logos on them. Not sure how I'll know how many logos I'd got but usually when it comes to OZCAWS stuff, It's usually not a lot when I'd download his stuff in the past. 

11 hours ago, judas priest superstar said:

the logos disappear if you're at 999 logos on your system, they don't tell you you're over the limit when downloading anymore, so that's why it's happening. it's not on your end @Oz70NYC as a creator

This is the kind of shit that 2k does that just loses good will with me. Why not warn us about the limit? Now they just screw you over and make you go back and redownload everything and hope you catch them all…geez

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update. If you follow me on social media, you know I had a major health crisis within the last month. So that's why there's been an extreme lull in my activity. But I'm happy to say I'm on the mend and back in form, so expect content from me soon. So for anyone that still cares, stay tuned...good stuff is on the way.

5 hours ago, Oz70NYC said:

Just a quick update. If you follow me on social media, you know I had a major health crisis within the last month. So that's why there's been an extreme lull in my activity. But I'm happy to say I'm on the mend and back in form, so expect content from me soon. So for anyone that still cares, stay tuned...good stuff is on the way.

I'd was shocked when he talked about it on social media. Been following him there & PM him after he said this on Twitter. Gave him advice to take a month off after the crap he went through but after reading this statement from him, it looks like he's going to start doing more of his work after getting better from his health issues. Not sure what he'll create next, but I'll let him do what he does but if he creates Tag Team CAWS, that's going to be a problem. After the latest patch & the last DLC, THEY STILL DID NOT FIX THE CREATED TAG TEAM FINISHER GLITCH!!!! That has PISSED ME OFF SO MUCH! Someone better tweet to 2ksupport over this SHIT because I'd refuse to contact them over this. 

And here it is!!! My 2nd update of the year...9 characters total, 6 female and 3 male. Let's get it.

CmjY4HF.jpg

The 1st lady. Her list of accolades spanning the last 15 years reads like a highlight reel. Widely regarded as the best female wrestler on the planet...the indomitable, icomparable Ashley Diamond has been a fixture in the industry of excellence since the moment she stepped into the ring. From her humble beginnings in the indies of the northeast US to her meteoric rise to dominance, Ashley has conquered every challenge set it front of her. At this stage of her career, with nothing left to chase in terms of greatness, she's turned her attention to passing her knowledge onto the younger generation of talent. In recent months, the re-emergence of her once best friend and allie Chloe Lockhart as an enemy has taken her to the brink, but the latest development of this rivalry has most baffled...the fact that her estranged half sister Helena Troy has taken an interest in helping her fight off Chloe as well as the B.Y.C.H. faction. Even more telling, is she's become significantly more aggressive during this period. Almost as if the nature of her sister is beginning to rub off on her...

SUqQhjC.jpg

The "B" of B.Y.C.H has set her sights on being the woman to end the legacy of Ashley Diamond, and as such her crew has followed her to battle. While this has also put her at odds against Chloe Lockhart...who seeks the same goal, it's given Brittany new focus and momentum. It's her belief that a decisive win against the legend would be enough to skyrocket her over the rest of the field for contention of Olympia's championship, and having the feather in one's cap of being the woman to best "The 1st Lady" is a title in and of itself. Since dropping the "Nitro" name and using her own...Brittany's undergone a literal metamorphosis, cutting her hair short, donning extensive tattoos over 2021 and packing on 25lbs of muscle. One of the most dangerous and fearsome competitors in the division already, Brittany Monroe takes what Brittany Nitro was and amps it up to 11.

oRcuBQY.jpg

Since losing the CAW Women's World title to Olympia Marstorius, Crystal has struggled to get back to her winning form, dropping several matches to the likes of Callista Jae, Dominique Lashay, Heather Fierhart, Cleo Jones and fellow Winsor Academy alumni Rosie Harrex respectfully. The string of losses has taken a notable effect on Crystal's demeanor, but she remains steadfast on the fact that she'll climb back up the ranks and get a shot at the title she carried for over a year. In recent months, she's rekindled a long dormant romance with Ainsley Winsor, and begun accompanying him and Nigel Sledge...aka the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels to ring for matches. But make no mistakes, her sights are firmly planted on climbing the mountain of the CAW women's division once again.

0ImvjKO.jpg

The force of nature that is Dominique Lashay has remained one of the most intimidating and dominant women in wrestling. But in recent months, the amazon's mood has softened since starting to team with the "Shorty-Rock" Tanden Fearse. Some would say Dom is actually starting to come out of the perpetually angry shell she's operated under since her debut. The former Women's World champ has added a few tools to her trade since teaming with Tanden, doing things uncharacteristic to her such as moonsaults and springboard splashes...which no one knew she was even capable of doing since she'd relied solely on her incredible power all her career. As this evolution continues, so to does a rise is Dom's popularity among fans...as she's cheered more often than not these days. Has "The Dominator" turned over a new leaf? 

u2JsV8T.jpg

Over the last few months, Helena has drifted apart from her Covenant. While they haven't outright disbanded...it's clear that her, Perxephone and Lola Valentine have diverged towards different paths. While The Covenant hasn't been broken, it's obviously headed different directions. For Helena, that direction seems to be towards her hald sister Ashley Diamond. With the arrival of Chloe Lockhart to CAW, Helena began taking a vested interest in Ashley's circumstances from afar, as it seemed she was targeted from 2 sides, one by Chloe and the other by Brittany Monroe. This made the night she came to Ashley's aid while being assaulted by BYCH following a win over Yve Williams that much bizarre. Make no mistakes, the "Wicked Witch of The North" is still every bit as diabolical, sadistic and violent as ever. The focus of that fury seems to be the protection of her younger sister now. What's been even more telling is that the violent nature of Helena has been displayed by Ashley in recent times. Something is in the mist...and chances are it's not something good.

EdIdIoM.jpg

Since making her debut in 2019, Rosie has had rough go of things. It took a complete change in outlook, strategy and look for her to put everything together...which included a brief hiatus from action as she returned back to the Winsor Academy to re-work her toolbox. Since re-emerging on the scene in late 2021, she's seen a drastic change in fortune gaining key wins over the likes of Nicole Roland, Holly Woodz, Tamra Kalo and even a win over former champion Crystal Bayless. When the CAW Women's Tag Team Titles were announced, she was even recruited by the legendary Heather Fierhart to form the team "Blond Ambition", winning her 1st championship gold alongside the veteran. Still climbing the ranks, she's not getting the attention of the upper rung of the women's division as a credible threat for title contention. If things continue as they have, that contention will come sooner rather than later.

deDXWJ9.jpg

"The Chief Don't Yield" is the battle cry of Jayson Jones in 2022. Since founding his school "The Foundation" in 2020, Jay-J has rekindled a long lost hunger for competition. Seeing the progression of his top 2 students John Conovar and Isias Obelor as they close reach readiness to make their debuts in the industry, on top of the success of his niece and nephew Cleo and Prentice since making their debuts in 2019, Jayson aims to lead by example in becoming a champion once again. Those aspirations have been met with 2 obstacles though...old rivals "The Rajput" Rivah Singh and "The Prize Fighter" Curtis Drayton respectfully.  Never one to step away from a challenge, Jones has returned to full time competition with many new tricks up his sleeve, even going as far as retiring his famous "Brook-nam Bomb" for a Fireman's Carry Sideslam he calls "The Founder's Legacy" as well as the "Ring Of Fire" Rolling Cutter in tribute to his 2 "brothers" Jon Payne and John "Johnny Pyro" Preston. The old and new collide in the renewed vigor of Jayson Jones, and "The Chief" aims to sit on a throne of his own making.

EnR0l4d.jpg

King Liedhamer as he's better known these days. The undisputed "King Of Giants" has taken the moniker to his viking roots, donning the garb of a viking king to the ring. Still the most massive and intimidating force in CAW...if not wrestling as a whole, Liedhamer commands respect both in and out of the ring. Since throwing his name into the pool for the CAW Intercontinental championship, he's come against many foes new and old...but it's the challenge of "The Massacre" Cannon Webb and the ever cunning Seth Adams that's seen most of his attention in 2022. 

GZLuALV.jpg

Since his return to wrestling in 2019, Rivaj Singh has not shied away from controversy. "The Rajput" has never been one to mince words, and his radical views and rhetoric over American treatment over people of middle eastern descent or birth hasn't gained him and popularity points. The New York born Singh makes it a point to remind everyone he's just as "American" as them...but respects his heritage and customs unlike the masses. In early 2022, he made waves when he joined "The Warborn" stable of "The Viking" Buliwyf, "The Mongol" Jungso Baavgai and the reigning CAW World Heavyweight champion "The Samoan Warlord" Timoa Mamula. Some believe it's merely a move to get him closer to the title, but his recently rekindled rivalry with Jayson Jones says he may have other intentions. Whatever the case is, Singh is never a man to take lightly.

And there you have it. All 9 characters are available for download RIGHT NOW. Tags are OZCAW, OZ70NYC and CAW2K22.

Coming up next...THE FIERHARTS.

3 minutes ago, judas priest superstar said:

I was JUST about to ask about Heather and then you post that stinger at the end of the description. I am digging the potential evil seduction angle for Ashley....kinda a two-woman powertrip alliance in the works.

Trying to add more nuance to the older characters. Breathe some new life into them and shift the balance of power a bit. Potential heel turns for the likes of Ashley and Crystal, a DEFINITE face turn for Dominique, raising Rosie up the ranks as a title contender...and plenty of other stuff to come. Needed to shake things up in the women's division.

Archived