Official AEW Double or Nothing 2022 Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All around I had a lot of fun with this PPV.

Hookhausen was a short-but-sweet Buy In

MJF v Wardlow was all it really needed to be. I... hope MJF can figure himself out if this was all legit, but hats off if he's been working everyone all along.

My stream had issues during Hardys/Bucks and Jade/Anna, but HELL YES ATHENA LETS GOOOOO!!!

House of Black vs Death Triangle was very good and went exactly as it should have. If Black lost, they'd be circling Wyatt territory. But with Julia officially corrupted, they got W's in more ways than one tonight. Very happy, and hopefully everyone can move on to better programs now.

Joe vs Cole was very solid. I expected Cole to win, but still a bit bummed over Joe losing.

Ruby vs Britt was also very solid, a lot more bummed Ruby lost, especially after she got Rancid!! I wonder if TK switched after the crowd turned on Ruby at Rampage...

ATT vs Tay, Sammy & Kaz was what it was. Was it good? Was it bad? Idk man, I'm just glad the feud is over. I want Tay and Sammy to separate on screen though, I miss cheering babyface Tay ?

KOR vs Darby was really good, albeit completely unnecessary. 

Rosa vs Deeb was awesome. Very technically sound, both women brought it. I really, really liked this one. For her time as Champion, Rosa should be almost entirely in-ring going forward. The woman is an exquisite wrestler, but can't cut a good promo. Get her a manager, or keep her in ring.

JAS vs BSS - Holy shit man, this was just... violent. It was a hell of a lot of fun to watch though. Props to everyone involved. I'm guessing next step is BSS vs Eddie & PnP? 

Tag Titles - I was very excited for this and the match definitely delivered but... man, as much as I love Jurassic it was their time to lose. Both Swerve/Lee and Hobbs/Stark excite me a lot more atm, and we're in dire need of that Christian turn. Great match, but the wrong team won.

Punk vs Hangman was a great story all the way through. Punk botching the Buckshot... was rough, but commentary sold it very well. Otherwise, some great character moments all the way throughout. I was cheering for Hangman, but I think Punk will be an excellent champion for the next long while.

Overall? Very good show.

Doubt that Tony does coke. Just strikes me as having severe hyperactivity and probably some form of autism. 

Anyway...show was so f'in long. There were at least three matches on there that didn't need to happen at all.

Otherwise, the matches that were good were great. 

I think that last promo between them really split the fans, and I'm loving it. It's the core base of "AEW Original" fans clashing with the "We need to grow and adapt" crowd. Both have valid lines of thinking and Hangman/Punk are excellent representatives for either group. I think this feud is far from over and about to get very good.

I also think this opens the door for someone from the former camp to beat Punk down the road. If Punk leans into being a force of "modernization" or whatever you wanna call it, that's practically begging for a guy like Eddie to be the one who dethrones him. Maybe at the Anniversary Dynamite, though that might be too short a reign for Punk. And hell, Eddie winning could be a great transition to MJF taking it, should his issues be resolved.

Archived