Small changes you would make?

maskedmaniac

We know this game has some major flaws, but for some of us it feels much better than what 2K has given us in the past. Of course we would all choose to make huge changes if we could like bringing back advance create an entrance and the control scheme of previous games.  If you were allowed to make some minor tweaks here and there, primarily to the gameplay,  what would they be?

For me, I feel like if they make the grapple button the only button you need to press for grappling it would have made that facet of the game more enjoyable. I hate grappling with one button then having to press different  weak or strong grapple buttons. Just keep it to one button and then allows us to press the direction stick with each direction performing a different grapple move like in the SVR days. I also would change the dodge button to make it block instead. Who dodges in wrestling? I feel like if I could make these few changes it would make the flow of matches feel better for me personally, for this game at least since it's meant to feel more "arcade-like".

Give us back non-lock up non-combo grapples, give us back four strong strikes instead of three, get rid of that stun system and just have the match flow and be tired like a real match, and put the goddamn tracking back on dive moves! I am sick of going for a moonsault and having my character just.. flop because my opponent was half an inch to the right.

Im sorry, I am, I really like the fluidness of animations now and the flow of moves without those old annoying pauses between them from before, but I still prefer the old games being actual simulation instead of this weird half-attempt to go back to arcade. If you want an arcade style game that bad, make a secondary series for that, give us simulation fans the simulation game, theres very few wrestling games that stick to that side of the spectrum.

Oh, and let us choose the old submission system, because *Censored* button mashing.

11 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

Give us back non-lock up non-combo grapples, give us back four strong strikes instead of three, get rid of that stun system and just have the match flow and be tired like a real match, and put the goddamn tracking back on dive moves! I am sick of going for a moonsault and having my character just.. flop because my opponent was half an inch to the right.

Im sorry, I am, I really like the fluidness of animations now and the flow of moves without those old annoying pauses between them from before, but I still prefer the old games being actual simulation instead of this weird half-attempt to go back to arcade. If you want an arcade style game that bad, make a secondary series for that, give us simulation fans the simulation game, theres very few wrestling games that stick to that side of the spectrum.

Oh, and let us choose the old submission system, because *Censored* button mashing.

I actually loved to button mash in the SvR games 06/07 it just felt so good to go ham on all the buttons when doing a submission move. It was a great stress reliever believe it or not and made me feel like I was in a fight of sorts, my hands against the controller lol. They can't even get that right anymore now we have to mash one measly little button over and over. That's lame and feels unrewarding.

6 hours ago, Creepy Bro said:

More interaction with objects in backstage brawls

Better QA team

Same limb targeting method from older games

More entrance templates

More entrance music options

Yeah the limb targeting from SvR 2011 I think was great where you head RB I think and then you had an option to target the head, legs, or hands. Now it's whatever the computer wants you to do.

I'd bring back the old grapple system.

I'd restructure the body type system in CAW mode. I'd divide the body types by weight class (instead of body type) and have multiple body types for each weight class. Also you should be able to choose a weight within that weight class.

The current body weight/height thing couple with the preset body types makes it near impossible to make a good version of wrestlers such as Chris Benoit who had short arms, , a long white torso, big neck, was jacked from the upperbody but had a slim lower body with short legs. There are no presets for that. Hell, you couldn't even come close to what I said before, now it's even less possible.

Yeah, the body type thing is pretty bad.

I have a CAW that's supposed to be a lightweight built similar to Rollins. I had to make a him heavyweight, despite appearing to be the same size as Rollins. 

I have another that's supposed to be a light heavyweight built similarly to Theory. I had to make him a heavyweight too.

I have a female CAW who's supposed to be on the larger side, but somewhat slimmer than Nia Jax. I couldn't get anything close to her body type.

Everyone: PLEASE FIX LOGO PLACEMENT ON CAWS!!!

2K: we hear you loud and clear. No need to worry, your worries will be dealt with..

*they proceed to remove body morphing and claim its to deal with clipping.. which it doesn't because clipping is still super bad*

The fact that they removed body morphing to "fix" clipping boggles my mind. It's like if Madden removed shoulder pads just because they clipped the helmets  a little. I would rather have the clipping back if it meant we could make wrestlers with more diverse body types. I think pretty much 90% of my caws have the same 2 or 3 bodies which are all in the huge body section. That means all my created wrestlers are jacked up to the bone when in real life they would all be light to middle weights. This was the worse decision they have made since THQ removed the skin color wheel in  SvR 2011 I believe.

Archived