WCW 2K22 - Wrestlers - THE GIANT and Madusa!

My 2K22 plans:

I am planning to make edits of Mysterio (it'll have to be 97), Taker, Macho Man, maybe more.

I will most likely make Hulk Hogan WCW, Madusa, and The Giant.  I was never satisfied with Yukes recent versions anyway.  I've been practicing and failing many times with a Day of Reckoning 2 Stacy Keibler face texture.  Even if I succeed, I will not make her, due to DLC.

But the thing I'm most excited about... is making the wacky unlockable characters from WCW Nitro.  Maybe even Thunder, but we'll see.

• Greyling (the alien)
  • Dweeble (the clown)
  • Buzz (the bee... or maybe wasp)
  • Santa Claws
  • Ivan (the grizzly bear)
  • Frankensteiner (maybe?)

Will I be able to make Ivan fat enough?  Ehhh we'll see.

I remember all those. To me as a kid, that Nitro PS1 was surprisingly entertaining. I remember there multiple unlock tiers, the first was actual WCW talent, like Jericho, Ultimo, Disco, the next was monsters and classic versions of Sting, Hogan and Macho Man, and the last was developers.

Yeah I can't remember whether my first wrestling game was WWF Wrestlemania Challenge or WCW Nitro, but Nitro was definitely my very first PlayStation game.  I thought it was awesome at the time.  I had the strategy guide, so movesets weren't that hard to remember, although it was a bitch trying to pull off Hogan's leg drop or Randy's Diving Elbow Drop.

Alternate attire work in progress!  If you're on last gen like me, you need not covet 2K's Rey Mysterio 96!  I'm comin' through with an alt attire for '97... but you'll need to complete the Halloween Havoc match in Showcase mode first.

ZdxI55c.jpg

Actually this isn't the only attire I had planned.  It was just the most complete.

I have uploaded not one, but TWO attires for Rey Mysterio Jr.!  Required unlocks: Rey Mysterio Jr. via showcase mode, and Faarooq for the arm bands.  I'm sure somebody will be upset by the eye shadow which I can't delete, but who cares?  Batman uses it. Kane uses it.  I've noticed that bold text doesn't show up very well since the forum redesign, so I added underlines.

Red/Black

Tags: WCW, ReyMysterio, WarGreymon77

Based on the Jan 28, 2022 episode of Thunder.  This attire was used in some promotional photos, and it was even an unlockable in WCW Mayhem.  It's a pretty slick color scheme, and I like the little splash of green on the eyes.

M4D3Ca1.jpg

Yellow/Blue

Tags: WCW, ReyMysterio, WarGreymon77

Based on The Clash of the Champions XXXIII.  To be honest, not the prettiest mask or attire, BUT it holds special significance for me.  There was an attire very similar to this in WCW Nitro (PS1 game), but that one had a dark olive color in place of the blue... If that's real, I've never found reference footage of it.  Besides, I tried to make that in the game... and it didn't look good.  Another note.  I noticed that whenever you try to cover the crown, it usually turns black because of the unchangeable metallic material.  The mask he used in real life for this Clash had a weird open back, and I hate it.  The in-game version is an improvement.

VuzMDSQ.jpg

I'm so proud of this work, I really am.  I love it.  And it wouldn't have been possible without a WCW Rey Mysterio.  I am hoping to make even more Rey Mysterio Jr. attires.  Thinking about even making a custom one based on The Riddler.  Why'd he never do that?  Question marks are his thing, man!  It's perfect!

Well I've been looking into those WCW Nitro characters.  I don't know if the following CAW parts are still in these games:

• mittens and/or boxing gloves -- IF I have long sleeves, I might make do with a generic Socko... for Santa Claws and Buzz
  • clown nose -- I don't want to just have to use a flat circle... for Dweeble
  • Wolverine claws -- not for anyone in particular
  • antennae -- for Buzz, who else?
  • clown shoes -- I KNOW I saw these in 2K19...

I remember I was going to use Herman Munster as Frankensteiner's face... couldn't find anything useable, and I'm not that good at using face photos in the first place.  Whitey the snowman... might need a name change.  It's 2022 and you never know what 2K might flag.  I might just call him Snowman, or Snowy.

Anyway, other than that, Greyling is looking good (although I wish the mask could be narrowed).  I think I'm definitely going to do Buzz.  He was a favorite of mine along with Ivan.  The insect wings color very well!  I'm going to love this... The only thing I'm not sure about is the head texture, but these are PS1 characters, so I'm not afraid to go goofy with it.  Whitey, Buzz, and Ivan are all going to have to use that big cartoony head mask (the one that looks like Mario) -- the variant with no nose.  I thought about using the one with the round nose for Dweeble, but as he's just a human clown, that would look dumb.

You know what's funny though?  I re-bought the WCW Nitro strategy guide off Ebay just so I could look at the signature moves of all of these unlockable wrestlers, because I've been planning this for a long time.  I had to try to find online videos for their taunts, though.

So I finally managed to find my missing 2K19 screenshots.  It turns out, they were on my flash drive the whole time, not my hard drive.  My work was so damn good.  But will I be able to live up to it?  That is the question.

As mentioned, the attached are 2K19.

WWE 2K19_20181105003732.jpg

WWE 2K19_20181104055128.jpg

HulkHoganWCW.jpg

Good news is, Greyling is uploaded.  Bad news is, this game is buggy as hell.  I had started working on Greyling a while ago.  One day I downloaded Whatsthestatus's Hulk Hogan to see if I could edit it.  But it was in a different slot from Greyling and I deleted it.  I didn't think anything more of it.  I went to upload Greyling and noticed a couple of oddities.  1. It had Hulk Hogan in his second attire slot (but only on the upload screen, not CAW mode).  I went back and copied over the attire from slot 1 just to get rid of the Hogan.  I deleted attire slot 2.  Second oddity: It said something about players needing MyRise... which makes no sense.  I've never played MyRise before.  Maybe it's a bug.  I'm sure you can download it.

Greyling

SeIgted.jpg

• 2 months later...

Neither of what I'm about to show has been uploaded.  Just some messing around.

Early on after buying the game, I tried relearning the face photo stuff with a Stacy Keibler face texture from Day of Reckoning 2, since in my opinion, that's the game where she looked best, graphically.  There was a face photo glitch for female CAW's, however, so I had to put it off.  Stacy Keibler is a very beautiful woman, and I wanted to do her justice.  It took a lot of work, but I think I mostly got it.  Don't pay any mind to the outfit!  I just picked a quick template to see what she would look like in clothes.  The eyes just look OFF, but I can't figure out how to fix it.  I think maybe some eyeliner/eye shadow might help.  I think the face looks more like Stacy when previewing Melina's entrance.  I probably shouldn't upload it in 2K22 anyway, since the DLC is only a week or so away.

CwX5sI1.jpg

However, The Giant is looking good.  I just HATE that I can't use my custom entrance from 2K19!  There's only so many body types in this game, but

rPpEQb9.jpg

CAW Upload Slot 4

I have been spending the past couple of days in the WWE 2K22 creation suite.  I finally managed to give this guy a tan.  I present to you, my masterpiece (uploaded).  Representing the Dungeon of Doom, or that alliance with Lex Luger and DDP... the one, the only

THE GIANT

Attire 1 is the shorter hair from earlier in his career.  It's the better looking one in-game, imo.  Attire 2 is the longer hair from 1997-1998.  Originally I gave him Papa Shango's music, but I found it too annoying, so i switched to William Regal's.  I think even Paul Wight would be impressed with this.

l8URjVm.jpg

Now I've got an amazing Madusa in the pipeline, even though I feel like her only fan sometimes... But that's coming soon.  Only problem is, movesets in this game are a huge chore.  I'll work on it.  Also in the works...

WCW Hulkster - face/jaw, double check moveset/attributes
Madusa - moveset
retexture of Rey Mysterio alts
Ivan - moveset, final touches
1995-2000 WCW TV Championship - figure out what to do
still need to figure out that SD referee glitch, need to play Showcase match
couple of WCW PSX arenas
nWo Giant - final touches?

I managed to take a comparison between my Stacy and 2K's.   They're actually pretty close.  The textures on those PS2/GC/Xbox games were pretty damn good!  But everybody in 2K22's CAW mode has this dead look in their eyes... well most of them.

First of all, I reuploaded my Rey Mysterios after changing the arm bands and improving their pelvic area logos to blend them better with the tights.  I think you'll find them more realistic.

IqpzMcC.jpg

More importantly, one of my proudest CAWs.  I don't normally include Twitter handles, but I did this time.  I couldn't find a single Madusa or Alundra Blayze moveset on community creations, so... I used a template and tried my best.

Attire 1 is 1996.  Attire 2 is 1997.  And if you're a Blayze fan, she's just a few clicks away (pic included for example purposes).  Weird thing is, I couldn't find her 2K16 hairstyle anywhere...

Madusa

IT7L0ha.jpg

jPa2nIe.jpg

Mqa2tmF.jpg

CAW Upload Slot 1: Red/Black (Rey Jr.) Slot 2: Blue/Yellow (Rey Jr.) Slot 3: Greyling

Slot 4: THE GIANT Slot 5: Madusa

Archived