WCW 2K22 - Arenas - May 14, 2022 - 5 new arenas up

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, I noticed something strange on the Halloween Havoc 1998 minitron.  See my attachment at the end of this post.  The nWo sign is missing from the right tron.  Is this a glitch?  Is it intentional?  Well I hadn't planned for it, so I didn't use it for my Starrcade. 

Starrcade and Uncensored have actual working entrance trons. And Norfolk is not available as a show location, so I used Virginia Beach and Hampton.

WCW Starrcade

b9y3RRV.jpg

WCW World War 3

You know, I'm kind of disappointed with my create-a-show for WW3 this year.  I should've used the 80s nameplate like I always do.  I made this beautiful, vivid nameplate logo and you don't even get to see it during entrances.  Well you kind of do.  It's the same as the scaffold signs.

jn689SC.jpg

WCW Uncensored

gJOh3Be.jpg

I hadn't planned on creating Uncensored today at all, but I was trying to organize my files, when I came across the Uncensored folder and thought I could do better.  I thought should this be 1024x1024?  The only way to find out was to upload it into the game, so one thing led to another...

I noticed Uncensored doesn't have any scaffold banners in real life, so I thought this was a great opportunity.  I tried to recreate the silver curtains with the light projector WCW logo... and well there aren't any good walls to use.   And for some reason, the first Uncensored screenshot is missing this little light to the left of the right side tron.  It's there, I swear!  So here's proof that I hate asymmetry.

ssEWe1D.jpg

nWoTron.jpg

Progress update.  I've been organizing, touching up, or even remaking my PPV files.  All 1997 PPV logos except Road Wild, Bash at the Beach, and Souled Out are ready for import into the game.  Images for SuperBrawl VII, The Great American Bash, and Halloween Havoc have been imported into the game, so they'll be next on the upload docket.  I've actually completed Halloween Havoc 97.

You know what's an annoying glitch, though?  When I edit turnbuckle colors, there's a 50-50 chance of crashing to the PS4 menu.  Editing the floor mats can also trigger glitches.  I've got to be careful to save after every little thing.  But one thing I like to do to save time when creating arenas, is to create a template named z custom arena (since the game sorts alphabetically) with a lot of things already done, so I don't have the change the barricades, venue, crowd, titantron, etc. every time.

Man, this upload slot glitch is pissing me off.  Let me manually count and let me see if I've got the slots right.  I'm trying not to overwrite anything.

1.  WCW Monday Nitro TNT
  2. WCW Thunder
  3. WCW Saturday Night
  4. Clash of the Champions
  5. Starrcade
  6. World War 3
  7. Uncensored
  8. Halloween Havoc
  9. SuperBrawl
  10. The Great American Bash

I'll try to keep this brief, since it's past 5 AM, and I should be in bed.  I wanted to get started on Spring Stampede as well, but as I said... bed.

WCW Halloween Havoc - features working entrance trons

I did it because I can.  You know, I had the hardest time getting the stars to show up (stage logo background), but they are there.  I tried to make the bottom of the ring posts black--it would be more realistic--but that would've made the tops black as well.  Very annoying.

KGljO2Z.jpg

WCW SuperBrawl

I had to take the screenshot with the "Light For Construction" option so you could actually see what it's supposed to look like instead of being all dark.  Compared to last year, I significantly upgraded the mat logo and the stage logo, and added that awesome textured scaffold banner.  I am learning.  SuperBrawl is a highly unusual setup, even for WCW.  And the floor mats in real life were an awful stark white.  It would've looked terrible in the game, so I went with a very light gray instead.

fPTktk3.jpg

WCW The Great American Bash - features working entrance trons

Like SuperBrawl, I had to use the Light For Construction option for the screenshot again.  I had to do things a little differently this year.  The walls that I usually use for the flags are glitched this year.  The right one is dark like normal, and the left one is super bright like a video screen.  It's a mess.  But I think my replacement walls look even better.  I didn't put the banners over the crowd barricades this year because I wasn't satisfied with how it turned out last year.

x0TwApn.jpg

WWE 2K22_20220403043401.jpg

You know, I would enjoy creating arenas a lot more if we still had create-a-story.

Suddenly it occurs to me that I have not yet done Fall Brawl.  That's a pretty big problem!  So!  Let's see what I have left...

1. Fall Brawl
  2. Spring Stampede
  3. Road Wild
  4. Bash the the Beach
  5. nWo Souled Out

Wow, ok.  Didn't realize I still had 5 of 'em to go.  I'll try to get these ironed out.  But tomorrow is a Star Wars: The Old Republic day.  At least the groundwork has been laid with the logos.  Shouldn't be too bad.  Honestly their Souled Out and Bash at the Beach will probably be better than mine.  I could try taking screenshots during entrances to try to steal some of 2K's stage props etc. but I don't think it would turn out any better than what I already made in 2K19.  And there's just no way to have a 3D look at Bash at the Beach considering the circumstances.  If only they put the Bash at the Beach 96 stage in CAA instead of the 94 stage.

As for that dreaded Road Wild, good news.  I lucked upon something in a Google search.  It'll be better than last year at any rate.  I'll stick with the Wrestlemania IX venue.  It looks better than those big stadiums in this case.

Oh boy.  OK so... I knew Road Wild was going to be an ordeal, so I got to work on it tonight.  It turned out better than I expected, but...

1. As you might have guessed, there's no Sturgis location in create-a-show.  In fact, there's no North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, or Montana!  The closest location I can get is Lincoln, Nebraska, at 537 miles away.

2. Using a minitron just for lights is nearly impossible this year, and definitely impossible without pushing part of it behind the titantron.  With my Road Wild setup, that's just not possible.

3. I actually went through the trouble of creating three different versions for different times of day this year... only to find out that I can't figure out how to change the time of day in play mode OR universe mode.  It seems to be stuck on Evening, so... I might just be uploading that one, when the time comes.  This has got to be a bug, though.

4. I'm limited to about 4, maybe 5 motorcycles as props. I think I did decent enough with them.

Regardless, she's lookin' good.

Now I need to quit messing around.  I thought I had already made Spring Stampede and Fall Brawl.  Back to work.  And in a note to self, I need to swap out a certain logo on the Road Wild arena for a slightly better one.

11. Fall Brawl

12. Spring Stampede

13. Road Wild

14. WCW Saturday Night 1992

Forgot Slamboree.  Oops.  I'll get to it...

WCW Fall Brawl

I actually got the idea for texturing the scaffold banners while working on SuperBrawl.  I tried using the same mat logo as last year, but it needed extra darkening this year.  Once again the apron coloring is tricky.  Once you darken it past a certain point, it begins losing color.  Which would makes things difficult for my 1992 Saturday Night arena as well.

NBN5hOC.jpg

WCW Spring Stampede

I tried something new. The scaffold banner lights.  I don't like how that turned out.

U1OQvAy.jpg

WCW Road Wild - EVENING

In 2K19, I was forced to use evening because my logos were bad and it was the only way to get them to blend in.  In 2K22, I'm forced to use evening because there's no way to change the time of day!  I had made day and night versions as well, but this stupid game... Anyway, my logos are much better this year.  Not quite as good as a mod I saw, but I think it looks good.

mvKuMLQ.jpg

There's no beating this, of course: (not mine!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlBdyDfSDXw

WCW Saturday Night 1992

Actually based on February 27, 1993. I chose that date due to it being the only episode that combines the best theme song, the WCW logo aprons, and the blue floor mats. I was really excited to do this one! Due to the upload slots glitch preventing me from taking down the older one, you might notice two of them. The newer one has no description. I changed the crowd from "WCW" to "Generic", because the WCW crowd has nWo shirts on. In create-a-show, this is my first show to use the 1990s filter. I think it's very appropriate.  You won't find an apron more accurate.  Due to the materials feature (and how messed up it is in 2K22) I actually used two logos for the apron logo.  But I put them over the full apron logo to line them up properly and then deleted that.  So the apron logos are just the right size and position.  I had reference screen captures from WWE Network/Peacock the whole I was creating this arena, to get the apron and all of the arena colors as accurate as possible.  This was kind of a passion project, for some reason.  As for the entranceway... I was going to use a purple curtain, but this episode had two curtains to choose from, red or gold.  I went with gold because it was the first one I saw when I was watching the episode. HERE COMES 2 COLD SCORPIO, what a banger of a song.  The left side has the interview area with the big WCW logo.  I originally had the right side blank. This episode had a Sting poster there.  I didn't find the exact poster, but I found one very similar! Even the same attire colors. The electronic billboard had some weird purplish look to it when I colored it black, so I just left it blank.

w3N9Aej.jpg

Upload Slot #15 (end of the third row, just so I can keep track) is...

WCW Slamboree

I had another look at the arena on Peacock.  Slamboree '97 is an extremely unique setup for WCW PPV's... There's nothing else like it.  It doesn't resemble other Slamborees, or even other 1997 PPV's.  Very strange.  But I love what I did with the entrance lights.

dUffRGZ.jpg

upload slot row 4

16 Bash at the Beach 97
17 nWo Souled Out
18 WCW/nWo Halloween Havoc
19 Sunday Night Heat

Big day today!

Rounding out the 1997 PPV's is

WCW Bash at the Beach 97

Well, there's not much that I can do for props other then to blend them into the titantron...

d2Fy5yG.jpg

nWo Souled Out

I highly recommend using the World Class Referee!  It's no nWo shirt, but it gets the basic aesthetics.  I can't do transparent logos on certain trons this year, so that kind of bites.

DuC0WWj.jpg

WCW/nWo Halloween Havoc

You'll never see one more authentic, unless some very talented artist really goes to work on a custom stage.  Using "Light For Construction" for the screenshot, so you can see the floor and props and colors.

Rtm9OjJ.jpg

Sunday Night Heat

2K must've messed something up, because the Titantron will only play minitron videos.  And it's linked to the big WWF logo.  So, I have disabled its video playing functionality during entrances.  Instead, it will look like it does here.  Also, that's as black as the apron goes.  It still annoys me.  I thought "should I use WWE logos to blend in with the wall signs?" but I decided against it.  As long as I have to upload a custom logo anyway, it might as well be WWF!

OIBC0MB.jpg

Next on the docket, I think, may be Nitro 99 and Raw Is War.  We'll see.  I still haven't gotten through 1999 in my rewatch, so I would need to skip ahead for research.  But I could also take another break.  Custom championships are out of the question until 2K fixes the nameplate glitch.  CAWs will be made eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Current projects

• Raw Is War 1998
  • SmackDown! 1999
  • Nitro 1999
  • Circus arena from WCW Nitro PSX
  • Trying to figure out what to do about the championship belt bug.  They must be made at some point.
  • Various CAWs and/or attires

Why?  I thought I wasn't going to do any WWF stuff.  Well, these ideas just pop into my head.  I'm sure there's a dozen SmackDown! and Raw's, but I like to try my hand at things.

But I'm in no rush.  Busy with other games and so on.  Currently playing some Fire Emblems and The Sims, watching Attitude Era wrestling on Peacock, etc.  I made a lot of headway with my logos tonight, though.

Speaking of which... I'll glad when I find out the differences in the Smackdown Fist arena.  What year did the apron change from silver to black, or is it vice versa?  And what year did the entrance change from stage+ramp to being on the floor?  Not that it matters, I suppose... because 2K still hasn't fixed the bug that doesn't let you select the blue Smackdown referee!

Despite the fact that my SuperBrawl VII arena is better than ever before, I'm thinking about replacing it in future games potentially with SuperBrawl IX or SuperBrawl V, which I've just discovered actually had a mat logo similar to Uncensored 97's.  And now the arena's I'm most excited about are old school WCW arenas with the giant curtain: SuperBrawl V and Clash of the Champions XXXII.  As for SmackDown!, I was thinking about doing the light projections of the UPN logo, but that idea didn't turn out so well on Uncensored.  For some reason, partial transparency and gaussian blur don't show up that well in these games.

And note to self on old WCW arenas: use generic crowd to get rid of nWo shirts

I might be able to fix my Halloween Havoc.  The starry background, I mean...

20. Raw Is War 1998
21. SmackDown! 1999
22. WCW Monday Nitro 1999
23. WCW SuperBrawl V
24. WCW Clash of the Champions 32 (XXXII)

I just get these whims sometimes, man.  I see something and I'm like "You know what? I bet I can create that."

Raw Is War 1998

I wanted to make use of my Heat arena.  Again the Titantron doesn't work.  In order to make it work, I would need to have the WWF logo playing videos during entrances as well.  And I don't want that.  For the aprons, like with SmackDown!, I looked at real life video for inspiration on sizing the apron logos.  I've felt that Yukes' recent aprons for Raw Is War and WWF SmackDown! were too small to be realistic.  You know what this arena is really missing?  A big black curtain behind the stage.  It would look more realistic and bring everything together.

NpgZsfc.jpg

SmackDown! 1999

This one makes me nostalgic for the first 2 SmackDown! games on PlayStation.  I went the extra mile on all of the little details.  The SmackDown! banner is actually a THQ/Yukes texture, but I edited in the WWF logo.  The WWF.com logo on the apron has "Download This!" instead of the plain red line it had in WWE 13.  And in the second screenshot, you can see the little UPN logo light projection that I tried to make work.  Honestly, it looks good in entrances.  Just not so much when the lights are off.  The canvas has that signature blue tint, and the ropes are a light blue, just as in the PlayStation games.

AupAZtd.jpg

Q8NumXg.jpg

WCW Monday Nitro 1999

This one was a lot of fun, but if Necromicon hadn't made such a killer stage logo and floor mats, I probably wouldn't have bothered.  I could've made it with plain black floor mats tbh but the stage logo I originally made myself for 2K17 or whatever wasn't quite on this level.  If only Sid Vicious was in this game, or Sting...

xQYJxSE.jpg

Memories of WCW Mayhem on the PlayStation, with Mean Gene Okerlund as the ring announcer.

0IiCIkJ.jpg

WCW SuperBrawl V

I probably should've made the video screens taller, but eh.  Maybe next year.  Fun fact: There is not a single "SuperBrawl V" logo on this arena OR show, only "SuperBrawl".  This could replace my SuperBrawl VII in future games.  Maybe.  If only I had Big Van Vader to show off this arena!

A0cQTZk.jpg

WCW Clash of the Champions 32 (XXXII)

I was curious about Miss Elizabeth's WCW debut, so I looked it up, saw this arena and was like "I can do that!  I have a big curtain!"  I really wanted to get that blue and yellow Caesars Palace sign in there, because it's so prominent in real life when you watch the show.  I probably could've used the "small studio" venue, because that arena looked pretty damn small in real life.  But this is the Clash of the Champions.  I also discovered that venue size 1 is the only one in the game where they let you delete the ringside announce table.

G6lYwMj.jpg

Well to be fair, the stage lighting is super dark in create-an-arena mode this year.  Look at my Raw Is War.  The lighting will be different during entrances, though.  That's what really matters, I think.  But I managed to get some green on a column prop in my Clash of the Champions 32 arena from a minitron (I used stage display to delete the right side tron, but the lights remained).

Archived