WCW 2K22 - Arenas - May 14, 2022 - 5 new arenas up

Finally I have a home thread once again.  I'm back, and I wasn't kidding about doing better than "last year" (2K19).  I'm still on PS4, but make sure you have cross platform community creations enabled.   "View and share creations with other platforms (2K account required)" Make sure that's turned on.  I spent the last 3 years not playing any wrestling games.  But I have been working on logos for my creations.  This year I'm going for quality, not quantity, and I'm focusing on what I know best, which is WCW.  I think you'll see it pays off.  The names in bold are what they'll be called in-game.  Let's get this party started.  One thing you'll notice that I've never seen anyone else do, is what I do for the announce tables.  WCW would usually have a flat black top on theirs and the front would have a logo.  In these games, it's the opposite.  Well what I do is switch them around, WCW style.  You'll never see a bland or blank announce table on my Nitro-era WCW stuff.  You can find all of my stuff with hashtags such as WarGreymon77 and WCW.

WCW Monday Nitro TNT - updated, see later post

Now I know... Why do I make Nitro every year?  Because, folks.  The Yukes Nitro arena in-game looks naked without my beloved "purple lights".  SvR 2011 had them.  Even WCW Nitro on PS1 had them!  This is my masterpiece.  It would be even better if not for a new problem that I didn't have in 2K19.  You see that shine on the ring apron?  That's necessary because it's the only way to make the ring apron black.  It's not really a big deal, but if you hate it, just delete my black rectangle logo on the apron.  Something to do with the lighting this year.  I had to change the ring canvas logo to "concrete" to try to diminish the shine.  It's always something, eh?  But before I uploaded it, I wanted to see if I could make further improvements.  We still can't add scaffold banners above the ring, but I tried something new this year.  I actually got the idea while working on Thunder.  Anyway, I hope you'll love this arena as much as I do.  One more thing... Obviously I didn't draw the whole stage logo myself.  I got permission to use it, and my WCW Saturday Night arena is a similar situation. Regardless, I did some heavy editing to it and made it my own.  Enjoy!

WCW Thunder
Thunder is kind of a simplistic arena.  While I like the blue, there's just too much gray for my taste.  In fact, I wish they had put the blue Thunder logo on the ring or something.  And it always bothered me that there is nary a WCW logo to be seen in the entire Thunder set!  You might see Mean Gene with a WCW/nWo microphone, if he feels like working the taping (I noticed for 99% of Thunders I've watched on the Network so far, Tony Schiavone fills in for Gene).  Anyway... I added a couple of things since last year.  The hanging signs, a header with a set of lights--the screenshot doesn't show it, but you see the blue lights from it--higher quality logos for everything, and that "etching" ring mat logo.  I wasn't familiar with it at first, but it got added on November 19, 1998.

XaRlIFn.jpg

WCW Saturday Night
updated, see later post

You know, I'm already a bit hesitant about this one.  I was hoping to upload two arenas at the same time today, but time... Anyway.  I like the little purple lights that I added to left and right the "door".  You can probably barely see them in this screenshot.  No announce table in the "small studio" venue this year... I don't know if that's new.  And due to the CAA lighting, you can't see it, but the ramp design does reach up to the stage light it's supposed to.

Cons: I think I might've overstretched the floor mat logo around the ring a bit.  A second screenshot I have shows it going out onto the arena floor a bit.  I might fix it and do a reupload when I upload the Clash.  Also, on the left side of the arena, (unpictured), the electronic billboard logo is upside down for some reason.  And during the match if you go up the ramp, the ramp floor logos can glitch out.  My hands are tied there.  I wonder if 2K ran into this with their Halloween Havoc arena and just deleted it.

Sufv35G.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, WarGreymon77 said:

Finally I have a home thread once again.  I'm back, and I wasn't kidding about doing better than "last year" (2K19).  I'm still on PS4, but make sure you have cross platform community creations enabled.   "View and share creations with other platforms (2K account required)" Make sure that's turned on.  I spent the last 3 years not playing any wrestling games.  But I have been working on logos for my creations.  This year I'm going for quality, not quantity, and I'm focusing on what I know best, which is WCW.  I think you'll see it pays off.  The names in bold are what they'll be called in-game.  Let's get this party started.  One thing you'll notice that I've never seen anyone else do, is what I do for the announce tables.  WCW would usually have a flat black top on theirs and the front would have a logo.  In these games, it's the opposite.  Well what I do is switch them around, WCW style.  You'll never see a bland or blank announce table on my Nitro-era WCW stuff.  You can find all of my stuff with hashtags such as WarGreymon77 and WCW.

WCW Monday Nitro TNT

Now I know... Why do I make Nitro every year?  Because, folks.  The Yukes Nitro arena in-game looks naked without my beloved "purple lights".  SvR 2011 had them.  Even WCW Nitro on PS1 had them!  This is my masterpiece.  It would be even better if not for a new problem that I didn't have in 2K19.  You see that shine on the ring apron?  That's necessary because it's the only way to make the ring apron black.  It's not really a big deal, but if you hate it, just delete my black rectangle logo on the apron.  Something to do with the lighting this year.  I had to change the ring canvas logo to "concrete" to try to diminish the shine.  It's always something, eh?  But before I uploaded it, I wanted to see if I could make further improvements.  We still can't add scaffold banners above the ring, but I tried something new this year.  I actually got the idea while working on Thunder.  Anyway, I hope you'll love this arena as much as I do.  One more thing... Obviously I didn't draw the whole stage logo myself.  I got permission to use it, and my WCW Saturday Night arena is a similar situation. Regardless, I did some heavy editing to it and made it my own.  Enjoy!

qn9Ax2D.jpg

Welcome back, friend

The logo I used this time was a 1024x1020 square.  But the big thing I did differently this time was, I made a background layer of solid gray color and saved the whole thing as jpg, so it's all just one logo.  It blends better than trying to get the flames to blend with the in-game mats.  I used gaussian blur on the flame tips, too.

Great to see you back, I always used your WCW arena's, so the stage is 1 big logo ?? So not the actual WCW lettering right because it aint available as prop from what I could tell. Kinda sad that it aint because that would make it better, in some arena's it destroys the realism if its 1 big logo no idea yet how it is in this one

19 hours ago, Patrickb1973 said:

Great to see you back, I always used your WCW arena's, so the stage is 1 big logo ?? So not the actual WCW lettering right because it aint available as prop from what I could tell. Kinda sad that it aint because that would make it better, in some arena's it destroys the realism if its 1 big logo no idea yet how it is in this one

They didn't add any new "real arena" props this year, so... one flat logo on a titantron is really the only option for most arenas.

13 hours ago, Jtown4life said:

What other amazing arenas can we expect from you this year 

Thunder and Saturday Night are coming soon.  Then the Clash of the Champions (nWo era).  Then the 1997 WCW PPV's.  Probably 1992/93 WCW Saturday Night.  After that, maybe 1999 versions of Nitro and Thunder. I don't think I'll do Souled Out 97 this year because of the DLC, but the rest are probable.  I think it's weird that the in-game Halloween Havoc doesn't have the logo on the floor at the entranceway.

I might end up using these walls for all of my arenas.  They're decent replacements for scaffold banners...

That's amazing, great job!!
The thing is I couldn't find  Nitro online yesterday and I am cross platform ?
I will try again today!
I love WCW, That's my all time favorite era of wrestling, thank you so much!

In fact, a youtube video that came out a few days before release showcasing Goldberg vs Hogan in the Souled Out arena sold the game for me.
Too bad we can't reproduce the fog atmospheric that Arena has, it was the perfect WCW mood for me.

15 hours ago, WarGreymon77 said:

They didn't add any new "real arena" props this year, so... one flat logo on a titantron is really the only option for most arenas.

Thunder and Saturday Night are coming soon.  Then the Clash of the Champions (nWo era).  Then the 1997 WCW PPV's.  Probably 1992/93 WCW Saturday Night.  After that, maybe 1999 versions of Nitro and Thunder. I don't think I'll do Souled Out 97 this year because of the DLC, but the rest are probable.  I think it's weird that the in-game Halloween Havoc doesn't have the logo on the floor at the entranceway.

I might end up using these walls for all of my arenas.  They're decent replacements for scaffold banners...

Making those stages you have done so far would benefit from the 2021 tron being available in create an arena. The massive new one the current Raw and SmackDown arenas use.

7 hours ago, nsieniski said:

I will try again today!

In fact, a youtube video that came out a few days before release showcasing Goldberg vs Hogan in the Souled Out arena sold the game for me.
Too bad we can't reproduce the fog atmospheric that Arena has, it was the perfect WCW mood for me.

I don't know what the problem is there.  If you have a 2K account and cross platform creations enabled, then it could be a bug.  I know that when I upload something, quit the game and come back, my upload slots will appear blank.  Maybe it's related.

16 hours ago, WarGreymon77 said:

I don't know what the problem is there.  If you have a 2K account and cross platform creations enabled, then it could be a bug.  I know that when I upload something, quit the game and come back, my upload slots will appear blank.  Maybe it's related.

I got Nitro and Thunder last night!
Thank you for the great work!!!!

5 hours ago, nsieniski said:

Yeah, that's why I don't use the in Game Nitro Arena, I don't like the mood and feel of it.
And there are so many details missing

I understand copyright issues, but even they could have done a bit better detail-wise.

On 3/15/2022 at 3:37 PM, nsieniski said:

I will try again today!

And you cant even select souled out arena in universe mode another let down, really looking forward to his since we cant even use the original one

I had a pretty productive day today.

First order of business. Reuploads.

I reuploaded WCW Saturday Night after fixing the floor mat placement and noticing that the Titantron had been lifted into the air.  What an oversight!  I dropped it down to ground level where it belongs.  This could've been a disaster, because I had created a WCW arena template to simply the creation process, so this means I had to go back and fix the template as well.  Luckily, none of my other arenas were affected.  I was going to use a "Superstation" watermark logo, would've been accurate for 1998, but I forgot.  It didn't look great anyway.  I prefer the WCW logo.

As for Monday Nitro, yes I had to reupload that one as well.  Y'see I was watching Monday Nitro on Peacock and it just kept bothering me.  This stage should look a little more realistic.  I also added some simple header lights just like my Thunder, because I figured it might add more color to entrances.  The new version indicates itself with today's date, 3/19/2022.  I should've taken the time to brighten the crowd a bit, but it's no big deal.

fremcOn.jpg

What's funny is that the original versions should still be on CC due to the upload slot bug, so choose your preference.  And again, the fog in this game is purple, so... I try not to use it much.

Next order of business.  New upload.

WCW Clash of the Champions

Compared to last year (2K19), the video screen looks a lot bigger, because it is.  That's actually more accurate to real life.  I tell you, I am not a fan of Eric Bischoff's gray color schemes. They're so dull and drab.  That grayish blue apron color is really tough to nail down!

D2J9fUw.jpg

Third order of business.  Rey Mysterio Jr.

I started preparing some designs, but it's going to take some time.  They will likely be attires for Rey Mysterio '97.  I don't have access to '96 and I hear you can't edit his attire anyway.

On 3/23/2022 at 7:27 AM, WarGreymon77 said:

I think my next ones might be Starrcade 97 and World War 3.  Starrcade because it's the big one, and WW3 because I want to see a 40 man battle royal in it.

Can you make Halloween Havoc 1998??

I know I'm slacking off, guys.  I just thought my Rey Mysterios or my Nitro would've blown everybody away like they did me, and uh... well there's a lot of dead silence across a lot of message boards.  It ain't good for morale.  But I'm gonna keep going.

Next up will be Starrcade and World War 3.  And Greyling (CAW).

After that, The Great American Bash and uh... well shit I might as well do Halloween Havoc.  Maybe!!  No guarantees.  It seems a little redundant, but I kind of feel like I have to fill out the WCW calendar, like some kind of strange force is compelling me to do so.

And then, Fall Brawl and SuperBrawl.  Speaking of which, I should probably continue my 1999 watchthrough on Peacock at some point.  You know, I'm noticing that, weirdly, a lot of these WCW PPV's during the Bischoff era tend to have a home turf.  The Great American Bash has Baltimore, Halloween Havoc has the MGM Grand in Vegas, Starrcade in Washington, DC.

Archived