Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jeb ★

Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

I personally think it looks so sick but it kinda lacks impact. Like that earthquake effect other moves have lmao

I had to change Umaga's alt finisher though. For some reason most times when I do charged finishers, it hits the second finisher more often than not. Even if I'm not moving the stick in any direction. It says hold to do alt finisher but I seem to have a harder time hitting the main finisher. Plus, why have 3 Samoan Spikes and only assign one that he mainly hits on smaller wrestlers? Lol

lmaoo my thoughts exactly. i put the driver as one of his grapples 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

7lANirn.jpgyvv7lXr.jpg58YQYLF.png

his foots 2 Feet above the top rope. he's damn near in a handstand. I mean theres just no way thats right. It looks like he's about to do a Vader bomb. The old seated corner Banzai Drop 3 is probably the most accurate looking Banzai. As also this new one lands in the wrong spot to.  It lands on stomach instead of the chest like its supposed to.

Lol yeah that looks ridiculous, even looks a bit ridiculous for Rikishi, was they seriously too lazy to mocap a Banzai Drop specifically for Yokozuna? It would've took like 1 minute to just not get as much air and bounce on one, i don't get what the issue was. Yokozuna literally got on the ropes and just dropped, he never got any springboard air at all and in these screenshots as you said looks like he's nearly doing a handstand on the top rope.

Edited by J-man89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always disliked motion capture for wrestling games in general. Unless you're bringing the actual wrestler in to perform their own moves (like Shane McMahon, whose animations look great), everything is going to come across like a bad impersonation. Body language is a very particular thing, and the performance/animation director needs a really keen eye for the smallest details.

A motion captured base followed by hand-tweaking to get the small details right would be ideal.

Since we're on the topic of the Banzai Drop, here's another Rikishi-related example: Rikishi doesn't lift the opponent between the legs like a body slam when setting up the Rikishi Driver -- he lifts them up over the shoulder similar to a tilt-a-whirl. The handmade Rikishi Driver animations from the old WWF games get this detail right, but the newer mocapped Rikishi Drivers don't. You'd think it would be easy enough to fix this by hand, but the 2K animators rarely seem to do this kind of post-mocap correction.

Edited by RyanCE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they patch Umaga's theme. Did he use this for his debut or something? It sounds like a 30 second loop of the theme you're probably thinking about. It sucks, they did the same shit to King Booker too lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

I hope they patch Umaga's theme. Did he use this for his debut or something? It sounds like a 30 second loop of the theme you're probably thinking about. It sucks, they did the same shit to King Booker too lmao

Yeah, me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems like the hot fix patch fixed the 'edit superstar' crash.

but it did not fix the alt attire selection menu. some alt are still greyed out.

Edited by Mr.Dreadful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RyanCE said:

I've always disliked motion capture for wrestling games in general. Unless you're bringing the actual wrestler in to perform their own moves (like Shane McMahon, whose animations look great), everything is going to come across like a bad impersonation. Body language is a very particular thing, and the performance/animation director needs a really keen eye for the smallest details.

A motion captured base followed by hand-tweaking to get the small details right would be ideal.

Since we're on the topic of the Banzai Drop, here's another Rikishi-related example: Rikishi doesn't lift the opponent between the legs like a body slam when setting up the Rikishi Driver -- he lifts them up over the shoulder similar to a tilt-a-whirl. The handmade Rikishi Driver animations from the old WWF games get this detail right, but the newer mocapped Rikishi Drivers don't. You'd think it would be easy enough to fix this by hand, but the 2K animators rarely seem to do this kind of post-mocap correction.

I assume motion capture is faster and Takes less time to clean up,which is vital when you mostly only have a few months of developing time. 

And on top of that, they still have a rather old basic Foundation engine that has been said to be difficult to work with. 

Maybe another reason to finally make a full jump to a New engine instead of reworking a dated Foundation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Lol yeah that looks ridiculous, even looks a bit ridiculous for Rikishi, was they seriously too lazy to mocap a Banzai Drop specifically for Yokozuna? It would've took like 1 minute to just not get as much air and bounce on one, i don't get what the issue was. Yokozuna literally got on the ropes and just dropped, he never got any springboard air at all and in these screenshots as you said looks like he's nearly doing a handstand on the top rope.

Woa, that is Pretty Freaking Scary If I don't say so myself. Interesting to say the least....🤣:(:)🤣:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

7lANirn.jpgyvv7lXr.jpg58YQYLF.png

his foots 2 Feet above the top rope. he's damn near in a handstand. I mean theres just no way thats right. It looks like he's about to do a Vader bomb. The old seated corner Banzai Drop 3 is probably the most accurate looking Banzai. As also this new one lands in the wrong spot to.  It lands on stomach instead of the chest like its supposed to.

what the actual *Censored*? 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to shorten the reversal window for finishers and signatures hit by A.I? Because I seem to be able to reverse them every single time, which is why I barely ever lose. I saw a slider in options but I'm not sure if it relates to that.

Also, is the female MyRise any better than the male version? Wondering which to play first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish we could select category's to place wrestlers in, like you could pick from jobber, to midcarder, to main eventer, and if someone whos a main eventer or a midcarder faces someone whos listed as a jobber the match is short and you do more damage to them. Cause i'm tired of every match turning into a back and forth ppv match that goes for 20 minutes, i had Imperium facing Kalisto and Lince Dorado for their debut match on smackdown to get a easy win and Imperium was bloodied up within seconds, they kicked out of Imperium's finisher, nothing would put them away, it was like a 20 minute war.

I'm all for long back and forth matches with an opponent thats hard to put away, but for some matches i'd like to be able to put them away easily and quickly. For some reason its like every wrestler is on even ground, like  Lince Dorado would take Brock Lesnar to the limit if they faced in the game. I'd just like a little more control over how some matches are played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2022 at 2:30 PM, Fight Me. said:

I hope they patch Umaga's theme. Did he use this for his debut or something? It sounds like a 30 second loop of the theme you're probably thinking about. It sucks, they did the same shit to King Booker too lmao

so Umaga's theme and King Booker's theme, much like many wrestler's themes, are stock music. You can purchase different versions from libraries, but typically a full version, a 90 second version, a 60 second version, a 30 second version, and a "stinger". In Umaga's case, I think the team was unaware that WWE made an edit themselves of "Virtual Voodoo", and just purchased the full version instead of getting the theme itself from WWE. In King Booker's case, I think it was out of laziness, they didn't check to see which version they licensed, and accidentally grabbed the 30 second version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that they tried to put Yoko’s leg drop in and give it some weight, but the animation on the waddle wall to the ropes is hilarious 😂 even though I get what they were trying to capture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've just been playing the game for the first time in a while,  did I see that they added Bron Brekker or just the NXT 2.O arena? Sorry that I'm slow on the uptake 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Oufcad32 said:

So I've just been playing the game for the first time in a while,  did I see that they added Bron Brekker or just the NXT 2.O arena? Sorry that I'm slow on the uptake 

Just the NXT 2.0 arena.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2022 at 1:41 PM, snakebiteSB said:

I haven't been able do a catch finisher since the patch, I'm not getting a prompt either. I don't know if it's the same for everyone else. 

I noticed that to. In my rise I have the elbow strike , no prompt, and does not work! They always do something with the patches that ruins the game and slightly improves something else!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrestlemania rewind cards have been released in MyFaction and with points I’ve managed to obtain Hogan, Reigns, Rollins and Lynch… now just have to hope 2k eventually do the obvious right thing and make them playable in all modes (if they have patched it so what the status can’t add them in).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2022 at 3:30 AM, CROSS-Out said:

Are you trying the catching finisher on an opponent jumping at you from the turnbuckle or from the flapjack when they're running at you? Because the flapjack version does seem to be bugged and not currently working.

It is mainly from flapjack I try to do and that’s what isn’t working. With how they have been fixing with patches let’s hope it gets sorted soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...