Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

The best thing we can do is to constantly make 2K aware about all this, the reversal animations not fitting the wrestlers, the combo system needing to go, we need to make 2K aware of all this, and hopefully it could be taken into account for 2K23.

Again the easiest solution for reversals is just allow us to assign reversal animations, should be a simple solution, like if Kane has that terrible spin kick reversal assigned to the light attack reversal animation, we can go into his moveset and change it to a simple kick to the gut.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind the combo system if we could flip strikes and select the individual attacks in the combo chains. There's currently no way to give wrestlers the actual strike combos they use in real life, making it impossible to create accurate movesets.

As annoying as some of the reversals are and the combo system is, i'm still having great matches and enjoying the game, feels more competitive than 2K19 and 2K20 did, that has alot to do with the reversal stock being gone, makes it a bit more challenging guessing which button you need to hit to reverse, whereas in past games as long as you had a reversal in stock you could always reverse and always win.

13 hours ago, Glen Coco said:

Am I the only who's pin/submission is kind of bugged? Instead of button mashing it only works if I just hold the button? I mean it saves me from *censored*ing up my thumb up but it prevents me from kicking out sometimes and *censored*s up my whole match

Did you accidentally have “allow held input for mini-games” turned on in gameplay settings?

17 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

I've seen a few others online mentioned this and have experienced personally myself so word of warning to others, if you try adding more than 35 custom renders, the game can become pretty unstable and crash any time you try and open edit custom superstar. I got to 37 before the game would crash any time I tried opening it, then it would crash most times once I got to 35, now that I've erased more and am below 35 I've not seen any crashing trying to open edit custom superstar

Yep i just experienced this, i had about 41 custom renders downloaded, and it kept crashing everytime i tried to go into edit a custom superstar and change their render, i could load into CAS but it would crash if i tried going into the custom renders. I just now deleted some and got down to 31 custom renders and its no longer crashing. So yeah 2K needs to be made aware of this, and it needs to be fixed asap, thats gonna really hurt custom shows like AEW where you want everyone to have a custom render.

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

I'm really hoping we can change Hurricane to Gregory Helms when he comes out in DLC, as long as we're able to remove his mask and his actual face is available, just worried he'd have black facepaint around the eyes.

FYI his version of the single knee facebreaker is gone. I was going to give it to Liv morgan as a ringside finisher...but its been ctrl alt deleted.

36 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

FYI his version of the single knee facebreaker is gone. I was going to give it to Liv morgan as a ringside finisher...but its been ctrl alt deleted.

Hmm yeah that sucks, didn't know that, but i always hated the selling animation though, the opponent always oversold it like Shawn selling for Hogan at Summerslam 05, worked for smaller guys taking it but it always looked terrible doing it on bigger guys. I don't think he ever did it as Hurricane, so i dunno if we could hope he would come with a new version of that or not.

I'am hoping he gets a new Shining Wizard, cause we've had that same Shining Wizard thats been in the games since the SVR days, its long overdue for a new animation, hopefully with a pin combo.

Ok, this started to piss me off. Is there any magical trick in how to upload shit in this game? I had like 3 renders up, which were a pain to get up because sometimes nothing appeared until I tried to upload them 3 or 4 times, but now I tried to upload one again and everything got reset to 0 and no matter what I try to upload, CAW, render, arena, after hitting upload, just everything stays at zero. Restarting doesn't help so what the hell am I supposed to do? How can creator deal with this, what is the secret???

1 hour ago, CM_EDGE said:

Ok, this started to piss me off. Is there any magical trick in how to upload shit in this game? I had like 3 renders up, which were a pain to get up because sometimes nothing appeared until I tried to upload them 3 or 4 times, but now I tried to upload one again and everything got reset to 0 and no matter what I try to upload, CAW, render, arena, after hitting upload, just everything stays at zero. Restarting doesn't help so what the hell am I supposed to do? How can creator deal with this, what is the secret???

I've had this problem since yesterday and I hoped it would be fixed by now but no luck.

I'll never understand why we still haven't gotten Nigel McGuinness in the game, he's worked for the company for years now, had his own special on the network, i thought he was a lock for the Daniel Bryan showcase in 2K19 but nope. I know he's a commentator but he was one of the best wrestlers in the world from the indies at one point, and should've gone on to have as big of a career as Seth and Bryan did but things didn't work out for him. I just don't get why we couldn't get him in the game ever, just seems like a shame he's not even in it as a commentator.

Just seeing the new Tower Of London's they put in the game for Burch made me think about that, would love to be able to use them with Nigel, but i don't see it happening, cause none of the big creators ever make him. Just a shame we can get a playable Byron Saxton in the game but not Nigel.

If you are an absolute dunce when it comes to photo editing like myself, Status' green box template works out pretty good. Definitely helps if you have a render that's not just from the waist up still. The renders that are just from the waist up are still gonna look slightly bigger compared to the disc renders on some screens but IMO they aren't off enough to where I'm looking to immediately delete them and go back to just the generic CAW image. Still need to get the custom render crash fixed but once it is, that green box template should make for a quick and easy method to updating

23 hours ago, AegisAvenger said:

Status shared this about applying custom render in the game. Would you say it is a good guide?

Not really, but this is:

1 hour ago, AegisAvenger said:

Thanks for updating us on the render customization. I still didn't had time to text the green box template.

Use my Theory template from that thread, I'm pretty happy with how my render looks, pretty much perfect size wize.

Biggest problem is finding good renders with legs.

51 minutes ago, CM_EDGE said:

Not really, but this is:

Use my Theory template from that thread, I'm pretty happy with how my render looks, pretty much perfect size wize.

Biggest problem is finding good renders with legs.

Thanks for letting me know. I missed your thread and it is very detailed. I didn't know the in-game renders were actually full body renders. Seem complicated to get this perfectly.

Now my render searching has been a waste. I just went for the one from waist to top instead of full body.

39 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Someone on reddit said that after the latest patch, that scarlet & kross's entrance was no where to be found..

Has it been removed?

Update from the same thread at reddit

I got the Kross & Scarlett motion by putting Karrion Kross in a mixed tag team, assigning the motion and swapping out to Crozer & LILLITH, though that was before the patch so… idk if it still works.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:14 PM, Jeb ? said:

Did you accidentally have “allow held input for mini-games” turned on in gameplay settings?

On 3/24/2022 at 6:31 AM, WWEADDICT4LIFE said:

thats cos you have to change the settings in gameplay to choose which sub you want 

Im late af, but it was button mashing before but randomly changed. I'll check it when I get home I haven't played since Wednesday lol. Thank you!

Archived