Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m having a blast with the gameplay. If anything, it’s become too easy for me. Oftentimes, if and when I want to, I can almost get a flawless victory over AI opponents. But still, the gameplay is alot of fun. I was so ready for something new after being bored to death of 2K19, and we got something fresh. I haven’t had time to download other people’s stuff, but I’ve been seeing some mind blowing caws that probably play great so I can’t wait!

Fix the bugs when it comes to custom wrestlers/content and 2K22 would be a really good entry. Just gotta improve on the bugs and now that they've got a foundation in place, they gotta start listening to more of the requests. Can't keep having modes like Universe go mostly ignored and we gotta see the budgets for this game increase so we can get more legends in the game and not have them locked in a single mode and that's it.

1 hour ago, A N T I - said:

I’m having a blast with the gameplay. If anything, it’s become too easy for me. Oftentimes, if and when I want to, I can almost get a flawless victory over AI opponents. But still, the gameplay is alot of fun. I was so ready for something new after being bored to death of 2K19, and we got something fresh. I haven’t had time to download other people’s stuff, but I’ve been seeing some mind blowing caws that probably play great so I can’t wait!

I thought I was the only one who thought this. It's too easy. I'm already on Legend difficulty and I haven't lost one damn match. The cpu doesn't even go for a pin on me even when it's beating me badly. It allows me to build up my finishers for some reason and I end up getting the win.

2 hours ago, RyanCE said:

I don't love the gameplay decisions 2K made this year, but an EA wrestling game would be an unmitigated disaster.

it would be a lot of the same ppl working on it from 2k no doubt. Just like the ppl at 2k are ppl from THQ.

the benefit would be getting rid of Yukes engine. There are bugs that have been around forever...and i feel like the game has been even buggier the last 2 gens.

Need a fresh start. They just kinda put a hat on a hat. 2k22 isn't good because of fighting game combos and forced lockups. Its good because its slightly sped up and less clunky.

1 hour ago, maskedmaniac said:

I thought I was the only one who thought this. It's too easy. I'm already on Legend difficulty and I haven't lost one damn match. The cpu doesn't even go for a pin on me even when it's beating me badly. It allows me to build up my finishers for some reason and I end up getting the win.

I was playing showcase mode on easy and I kept getting my ass kicked.

12 minutes ago, WarGreymon77 said:

I was playing showcase mode on easy and I kept getting my ass kicked.

I'm just strictly playing exhibition matches and even when I use a 75 rated guy vs someone 90 and up I still end up winning. In past games there was no way I would win this type of match especially on Legend.

The gameplay isn’t that good after playing for a while. It gets really stale and repetitive because every match plays the exact same way. But I do really hope they continue improving the gameplay and also bring back stuff like rest holds, stamina, skills, abilities and OMG moments. Ya know? Stuff that’s actually in wrestling. 

I've seen a few others online mentioned this and have experienced personally myself so word of warning to others, if you try adding more than 35 custom renders, the game can become pretty unstable and crash any time you try and open edit custom superstar. I got to 37 before the game would crash any time I tried opening it, then it would crash most times once I got to 35, now that I've erased more and am below 35 I've not seen any crashing trying to open edit custom superstar

3 hours ago, WolfpacPrinxe said:

The gameplay isn’t that good after playing for a while. It gets really stale and repetitive because every match plays the exact same way. But I do really hope they continue improving the gameplay and also bring back stuff like rest holds, stamina, skills, abilities and OMG moments. Ya know? Stuff that’s actually in wrestling. 

dude every match feels the same. And the game no longer resembles WWE product. The cameras, the entrances, the gameplay...is no longer an accurate representation of WWE. 

its a fun button mashy fighting game but the fights are all 10 mins long. They just regressed wrestling games back 20 years.  I hated it. then i loved it. And now im back to hating it again. Like *Censored* this game kinda. MyGM is fun but the way it wants u to play it is stupid. MyFaction was fun till i realized movesets don't carry over when u edit them. So ur stuck with the god awful default movesets that somebody just hit "randomize" on. Universe has been really glitchy for me. 

this game would be awesome if i hadn't played a modern wrestling game since 2004. dude we're back to the bs of the A.I doing weird shit for no reason....and doing carry moves constantly. WE MOVED PAST THIS 7 YEARS AGO. THey fixed all that shit long ago. And its back.

ill probably like this game again in a week or so. 

5 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

dude every match feels the same. And the game no longer resembles WWE product. The cameras, the entrances, the gameplay...is no longer an accurate representation of WWE. 

its a fun button mashy fighting game but the fights are all 10 mins long. They just regressed wrestling games back 20 years.  I hated it. then i loved it. And now im back to hating it again. Like *Censored* this game kinda. MyGM is fun but the way it wants u to play it is stupid. MyFaction was fun till i realized movesets don't carry over when u edit them. So ur stuck with the god awful default movesets that somebody just hit "randomize" on. Universe has been really glitchy for me. 

this game would be awesome if i hadn't played a modern wrestling game since 2004. dude we're back to the bs of the A.I doing weird shit for no reason....and doing carry moves constantly. WE MOVED PAST THIS 7 YEARS AGO. THey fixed all that shit long ago. And its back.

I play a few matches but get bored of it. I’m mostly redoing my universe mode in 2K19. I can honestly say it’s the better game (gameplay wise.) Matches actually feel like matches and not a strike fest. Like why is Braun Strowman hitting me with a 4x punch combo just to do a Biel Throw? I get that you don’t have to use the combo system but the AI will and that’s the problem. Like if these combos were optional and you could select it to none. The gameplay would be sort of better, except for the fact that locking up for everything is pain ? also why are we stuck with carry moves?? I absolutely hate that the AI uses it ALOT in multi man matches.  2K19 & 2K20 let you pick what move you wanted as a carry move or you didn’t even have to have one at all. It’s really bizarre. 

Am I the only who's pin/submission is kind of bugged? Instead of button mashing it only works if I just hold the button? I mean it saves me from *censored*ing up my thumb up but it prevents me from kicking out sometimes and *censored*s up my whole match

1 hour ago, Glen Coco said:

Am I the only who's pin/submission is kind of bugged? Instead of button mashing it only works if I just hold the button? I mean it saves me from *censored*ing up my thumb up but it prevents me from kicking out sometimes and *censored*s up my whole match

thats cos you have to change the settings in gameplay to choose which sub you want 

6 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

This is why SvR 2006 was better than 2007.  Bad memories of the AI spamming that shit.

I wish the reversal animations were more generic. Why is everyone constantly busting out German Suplexes and Dragon Suplexes regardless of weight class or fighting style? The floatover reversal for a vertical suplex is good enough on its own; there's no reason to tack a German Suplex onto the animation. I saw Hulk Hogan reverse a ground grapple with flying headscissors yesterday. Day of Reckoning perfected "reversal styles" 20 years ago.

So they fixed the 'easy win' method for Faction Wars, but they haven't addressed the reason so many were doing it.. That being the fact you can have the opposition all red head to toe, yet it can still take an hour to win because they ALWAYS break up the pinfalls. Even i resorted to that method after a while, because it's too time consuming for little to no reward to do it the proper way. Even adding a system for Faction Wars where each team only as limited pin breaks or something would fix it. It shouldn't take so long to win a match, when you've clearly got them beat.

3 hours ago, RyanCE said:

I wish the reversal animations were more generic. Why is everyone constantly busting out German Suplexes and Dragon Suplexes regardless of weight class or fighting style? The floatover reversal for a vertical suplex is good enough on its own; there's no reason to tack a German Suplex onto the animation. I saw Hulk Hogan reverse a ground grapple with flying headscissors yesterday. Day of Reckoning perfected "reversal styles" 20 years ago.

unfortunately  we keep starting over....and the list of things that are annoying become so long that Reversals keeps falling down the list of priorities. But this has been an issue of mine for years.

Because i pay so close attention to movesets. Or just in general since i have been watching wrestling long enough......you notice whats right and whats not right. And too many reversals are things that would never happen.  No Mercy and Fire Pro don't have this problem. And these games are 20 years old. They have normal reversals. How could they have understood what moves ppl use to reverse back then, and its more of a problem now? I dont get it

It has always felt like they came up with reversals based on what they thought might look cool in a videogame, and not how actual pro wrestling works.

Granted there are some really good reversal animations in there too. But we are at a point where these games have sooo many possible reversal scenarios that the bad ones are piling up. Where the old games had fewer animations they had to deal with. So they just chose the correct ones

The spin kick reversal is the worst, especially when guys like Lesnar and Kane do it, that reversal at the very least should only be for crusierweights, the idea thing would be to allow us to assign reversal animations for guys and choose from a list of generic various reversals that fit each weight class.

1 minute ago, J-man89 said:

The spin kick reversal is the worst, especially when guys like Lesnar and Kane do it, that reversal at the very least should only be for crusierweights, the idea thing would be to allow us to assign reversal animations for guys and choose from a list of generic various reversals that fit each weight class.

I forgot to mention that one -- it's probably the most egregious reversal animation due to how often it's used. It's so goofy that it instantly takes me out of the match.

Archived