Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Fenrir Vanagandr said:

Is it just me, or did submissions lose the "struggle/sell" animations this year? Like submissions feel a bit flat, cuz once the hold is locked...they kinda just...hold position and doesn't struggle. Not sure if it's only on older submissions, don't recall if it's present in the newer submission moves.

Well, I’ve noticed in 2k22 with power based submissions like the Elevated Vise Grip and Bearhug, the hold looks weak at the start and if the opponent is closer to escaping the hold. However, when they get closer to submitting, they will struggle and shake violently. It looks kind of cool how it transitions into more of a struggle.

Edited by Exorcism

6 minutes ago, RyanCE said:

For what it's worth, "Go Nagai/DynamicPlanning" is the only licensee listed for Liger in Fire Pro World. If a tiny company like Spike managed to get Liger as DLC then I wonder what problems 2K faced.

Spike is also located in Japan. Fire Pro Wrestling World is a Japanese wrestling video game. I'm positive that played a role, also because they licensed NJPW and Stardom wrestlers for the game.

30 minutes ago, Exorcism said:

Well, I’ve noticed in 2k22 with power based submissions like the Elevated Vise Grip and Bearhug, the hold looks weak at the start and if the opponent is closer to escaping the hold. However, when they get closer to submitting, they will struggle and shake violently. It looks kind of cool how it transitions into more of a struggle.

Exactly, the struggle kicks in when the meter gets closer to the end, i actually like it, if the meter is near the beginning you kinda hold onto it, and the the opponent isn't struggling that much, then you wrench up the pressure and struggle a bit after the middle of the meter when its getting closer to the end.

It's funny cause I can submit opponents in MyCareer as soon as the match begins if I want to, but that's probably cause I cranked up my character's attributes almost to the max without realizing it lmao

Anyways idk if it's just me but I always chose the button smashing submissions in exhibition over the wheel thingy even in previous games, I can see why people preferred the latter though and wanted the option to switch like for pinfalls

27 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Exactly, the struggle kicks in when the meter gets closer to the end, i actually like it, if the meter is near the beginning you kinda hold onto it, and the the opponent isn't struggling that much, then you wrench up the pressure and struggle a bit after the middle of the meter when its getting closer to the end.

My problem with this though, is using "wear down" submissions. Like I gave Kushida the Hammerlock submission, as like a really early match attempt for a Hoverboard lock but now it's kinda a little pointless, since the guy just takes and holds it lifelessly. There's no struggle with the submission, until I guess it's getting closer to actually leading to a submission. Which is why I preferred the previous, constantly struggling submission system (and I do miss the wheel, just cuz it's so much more chaotic in nature)

You know, my personal CAWs had long and vibrant careers from WWF War Zone up to Smackdown vs. Raw 2009.  I was going to try to remake them, but... No DX theme.  No advanced create-an-entrance.  All these years later still no Kane & X-Pac tag team motion.  Meh.

2 hours ago, AegisAvenger said:

Does anyone remember if MVP ever wrestled in a Hurt Business themed attire? I mean one that featured the HB logo like Cedric & Shelton did.

Every video I found it just a regular black and gold attire with his MVP logo or him wearing a HB t-shirt.

As a big moves guy, I really hope a certain someone sees this post and considers some of this for the future.

Move requests:

• Standing, Front: Eye Poke (a simple poke without taunting)
  • Standing, Front: Bionic Elbow (just the elbow itself without any taunting)
  • Standing, Front: Giant Headbutt (Andre the Giant/Big Show/Omos-style two-handed forward headbutt)
  • Standing, Front: Tiger Spin (headlock spun into a drop toe hold)
  • Standing, Front: Macho Man Combo (three left jabs into a finger twirl taunt and right hook)
  • Standing, Front: Macho Man's Running Hotshot (this was sadly removed in SvR11)
  • Standing, Front: Andre's Neck Lock Suplex (slower than the version in the game)
  • Standing, Front: Scott Steiner's Spinning Belly to Belly
  • Standing, Front: Choke Takedown (like Triple H and other heels use)
  • Standing, Foot Catch: Leg Caught Punch (a basic knockdown punch like Cena's but without the taunt)
  • Diving, Top Rope: Macho Man's Double Axe Handle (this was removed for some reason)
  • Diving, Middle Rope: Middle Rope Clothesline (a basic diving clothesline while falling forward like the corner grapple version)
  • Holds, Standing Submission: Bearhug (no lift, just a standing bearhug)
  • Holds, Standing Submission: Step-Over Armbar (this was also removed)
  • Holds, Standing Submission: Surfboard Stretch (with a foot to the opponent's back)
  • Holds, Upper Body Ground Submission: Surfboard Stretch (this was also removed)

Miscellaneous:

• Being able to assign submission holds as regular standing, Irish whip, and ground grapples (this has been at the top of my wish list for a decade)
  • Pin combos for as many finishers as possible, particularly the Rock Bottom and Austin's version of the Stunner
  • Being able to flip weak strikes again (southpaws are very sad in 2K22) and create custom combo strings instead of having to choose from pre-made sets
  • Make more basic strikes available with the opponent leaning against the ropes; it's odd that only a handful of attacks are selectable from this position
  • Being able to assign grounded pins in CAM like a cocky foot pin, jackknife pin, etc.
  • Being able to assign things like stances and rope bounce animations in CAM; stances go a long way in giving wrestlers personality

i wouldn't bother with SIM requests. this game went backwards big time in that area.  Seems like it defeats the purpose to then beg them to just fix everything they ruined. 

So lets go the other way. and make it MORE arcadey.  kinda frustrating to take out so many sim things....and then also remove arcadey things like big heads and fantasy weapons.  This games sitting on the fence now. Its not really a wrestling game. Its not really a fighting game. Its not really a sim. Its not really an arcade game

21 hours ago, Fenrir Vanagandr said:

Is it just me, or did submissions lose the "struggle/sell" animations this year? Like submissions feel a bit flat, cuz once the hold is locked...they kinda just...hold position and doesn't struggle. Not sure if it's only on older submissions, don't recall if it's present in the newer submission moves.

That’s definitely not true. The higher the button mashing is to the nester the tighter I see the wrestler wrench on the submission. The less you press, the less tension you see applied. 

20 hours ago, Jeb ★ said:

It's funny cause I can submit opponents in MyCareer as soon as the match begins if I want to, but that's probably cause I cranked up my character's attributes almost to the max without realizing it lmao

Anyways idk if it's just me but I always chose the button smashing submissions in exhibition over the wheel thingy even in previous games, I can see why people preferred the latter though and wanted the option to switch like for pinfalls

I honestly prefer the new button mashing mini games for both pin & submission than any other game. I never, ever liked or got the hang of the submission wheel. I liked the pin meter from 2K19 but I can’t tell you how many times I can kick out of of 5 finishers but fall to a regular strike or grapple. 

The worst was definitely tapping out to normal submissions. In 2K19 with the submission button mashing, if you’ve pretty much depleted all your health, you’re auto tapping out and there’s nothing you can do about it.  You at least have a chance in 2K22. 

Dozens of moves are gone for no good reason, rest holds are gone, flipped strikes are gone, truly custom combo strings are gone, draped apron moves are gone...

I don't hate 2K22, but whenever I play it I feel like I'd rather be playing 2K19 with two years of gameplay refinements and additions. Like you guys said, this is a game without an identity. 2K19 was a great wrestling sim. 2K22 is no longer that.

Edited by RyanCE

i have fun playing 2k22. but not necessarily because the gameplay. Most matches take forever and all feel exactly the same.  lots of variety and options are now gone.

the parts of 2k22 i like the most are all things that could've been done without completely changing the game. Like the less stuck in mud movement and the new modes.

i didn't like 2k22 for like the first 3 days i played it. Then i turned my brain off and started mashing buttons, trying out the new game modes and i had a ton of fun. Now im bored of it and want a real wrestling game again. Haven't touched it in days

im sick of fixing the terrible movesets. sick of trying to navigate the combos. sick of the constant lock-ups. The matches all feeling the same is the number 1 problem for me.

match starts. A.I walks directly at me. Reverse Reverse Reverse. breaker breaker breaker. A.I climbs rope. i move. I climb rope. I dive and miss. i get finisher in first minute of match. finisher finisher finisher. A.I pops up. 10 mins later match finally ends on dropkick. rinse repeat

Thats great to hear, praying it fixes the 280 custom logo bug (Thats the big bug right now), fixes the deletion utility issues, fixes the uploads you do on CC not showing in your uploads, would be nice to see them fix logos in cas not fully covering up designs on tights, allow logos to have their material changed again etc.

Edited by J-man89