Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jeb ★

Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Recommended Posts

I love block and dodge. 
 

Side note, didn’t Thekla work on this game? Shame there’s no good hair representation for her in caw mode to make her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pleasantly surprised to see they actually reanimated a new Fujiwara Armbar for Thatcher's finisher, as well as a new single leg boston crab, was really expecting to see them just slap on the old ones we've had for years. But they actually reanimated brand new ones specifically for Thatcher, nice to see.

Edited by J-man89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the new single leg crabs look good. But i wish they didn't remove the one we had. And yeah the new fujiwara armbar is good too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eastcoastkody said:

the new single leg crabs look good. But i wish they didn't remove the one we had. And yeah the new fujiwara armbar is good too

Yeah i LOVE their new animations, with Thatcher's animation it really looks like you're trying to tear the limb off. The old ones was alright, but they never had real technique to them, they was very basic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah i LOVE their new animations, with Thatcher's animation it really looks like you're trying to tear the limb off. The old ones was alright, but they never had real technique to them, they was very basic.

thats why i wish they kept the old one. It looked more like a normal wear down hold.  The new one looks like a Submission. They look a little too violent to be a basic rest hold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eastcoastkody said:

thats why i wish they kept the old one. It looked more like a normal wear down hold.  The new one looks like a Submission. They look a little too violent to be a basic rest hold

 

You're spot on. The old single leg crab was a fairly inoffensive submission move to give to people that don't really do submissions, just to fill that spot, but the new one looks too expertly applied for that, really. Wish they had kept both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean guys who don't do submissions i aint gonna do submissions with so i could care less whats in that slot, for guys like Bryan Danielson, Kyle O'Reilly and many other technical submission guys the new one will look great for. Not saying anything should've been removed but to me its no big deal we lost a basic leg submission and are left with a really great version of one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

What happened to Regal-Plex 1? Or was it Regal-Plex 3?

If you mean the slower version of the Regal-Plex, it appears to have been removed this year. Which is odd, since this is the year they brought Regal back. They also took out Lashley's Flipping Corner Spear, and I'm still really salty about that...since there's absolutely NO reason to take it out. It's a relatively new move (I wanna say it was added in 2k19, when Lashley was DLC) and the user of the move is still with the company, in a prominent position at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Fenrir Vanagandr said:

If you mean the slower version of the Regal-Plex, it appears to have been removed this year. Which is odd, since this is the year they brought Regal back. They also took out Lashley's Flipping Corner Spear, and I'm still really salty about that...since there's absolutely NO reason to take it out. It's a relatively new move (I wanna say it was added in 2k19, when Lashley was DLC) and the user of the move is still with the company, in a prominent position at that.

2K made some weird removals in this game. Like Dean's Running Crossbody with Punches was taken out. Lashley's Spear was also in 2K20 so it's not like 2K been removed the move. Maybe 2K didn't finished adding everything in movesets. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fenrir Vanagandr said:

If you mean the slower version of the Regal-Plex, it appears to have been removed this year. Which is odd, since this is the year they brought Regal back. They also took out Lashley's Flipping Corner Spear, and I'm still really salty about that...since there's absolutely NO reason to take it out. It's a relatively new move (I wanna say it was added in 2k19, when Lashley was DLC) and the user of the move is still with the company, in a prominent position at that.

Dammit. It was the closest thing to Momo Watanabe’s Peach Sunrise. The impact on the one they kept is nowhere near as killer as the other one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Fenrir Vanagandr said:

If you mean the slower version of the They also took out Lashley's Flipping Corner Spear, and I'm still really salty about that...since there's absolutely NO reason to take it out.

THEY *censored*ING DID WHAT????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some of the Pre-match taunts got ruined for some reason. Pacing 1 & 2 are no longer actual pacing. They just shuffle their feet around. Which isn't useful. Wrestlers actually pace around before matches thats why the old ones were good

and Hands on Hips no longer puts their HANDS on THEIR HIPS.   again...they just shuffle their feet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

some of the Pre-match taunts got ruined for some reason. Pacing 1 & 2 are no longer actual pacing. They just shuffle their feet around. Which isn't useful. Wrestlers actually pace around before matches thats why the old ones were good

and Hands on Hips no longer puts their HANDS on THEIR HIPS.   again...they just shuffle their feet

Naming issue. The most trivial bug 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always baffled by move removals. Did we really need to lose Regal's version of the Regal-Plex or Shane McMahon's diving elbow drop (which was captured by Shane himself)? Why prioritize the goofy 2K20 originals over real wrestling moves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im regretting buying this game. i hate that they removed the AE arenas, i hate they removed some CAC stuff, i finished GM trophies now theres  no reason to go back to the mode cause it gets REALLY boring. but most of all, i *censored*ing despise the new controls and layout.  i think im just gonna go back to 2K19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm begging them 1 game to just focus on Universe Mode and making it better, thats the mode that gives the game longevity. You can tell they didn't even touch the mode for 2K22, they took promos out of it but never added anything to it. They just opened the door to go "Oh hey, yeah i'm taking this out, bye!".

I've played 2 full shows so far, with 4 rivalries on each, and 9 times out of 10 most rivalry matches give me the rival jumps you while you're making your entrance and you brawl until the cutscene where the ref stops it happens, that gets really old seeing every rivalry do that. At least with promos i could build a rivalry outside of a match with a callout promo, and it felt like there was a beginning to the rivalry, now with those gone every rivalry just has to start right in the middle of it, theres no beginning to the rivalry, just right into being assaulted.

Their problem is they always put all their focus into something like career mode, or my gm or this or that, modes you're never gonna touch again after you play through them once. Meanwhile Universe the mode that you will mainly play you're entire time with the game is ALWAYS forgotten about, and again thats the mode that gives the game longevity outside of caws. This time around they went in and removed a feature and left, i don't get it.

Edited by J-man89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A N T I - said:

Dammit. It was the closest thing to Momo Watanabe’s Peach Sunrise. The impact on the one they kept is nowhere near as killer as the other one.

You are working on the stardom women right? :)

Wanted to do it but then dropped them from my list after I saw you and scheibe are still here cause I knew you will do them anyway. :D

Since you guys are talking about moves, please check the hair whip 4. 

Instead of grabbing the enemy by the hair and throwing them, your character will beam from the one side of the ring to the other MK Style throwing a punch instead. 😛

 

Edited by Saturi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saturi said:

You are working on the stardom women right? :)

Wanted to do it but then dropped them from my list after I saw you and scheibe are still here cause I knew you will do them anyway. :D

 

Yep, that’s my thing. The attires are really elaborate so it can be hell at times but it’s super rewarding to pull off. Looking forward to your work as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

I'm begging them 1 game to just focus on Universe Mode and making it better, thats the mode that gives the game longevity. You can tell they didn't even touch the mode for 2K22, they took promos out of it but never added anything to it. They just opened the door to go "Oh hey, yeah i'm taking this out, bye!".

I've played 2 full shows so far, with 4 rivalries on each, and 9 times out of 10 most rivalry matches give me the rival jumps you while you're making your entrance and you brawl until the cutscene where the ref stops it happens, that gets really old seeing every rivalry do that. At least with promos i could build a rivalry outside of a match with a callout promo, and it felt like there was a beginning to the rivalry, now with those gone every rivalry just has to start right in the middle of it, theres no beginning to the rivalry, just right into being assaulted.

Their problem is they always put all their focus into something like career mode, or my gm or this or that, modes you're never gonna touch again after you play through them once. Meanwhile Universe the mode that you will mainly play you're entire time with the game is ALWAYS forgotten about, and again thats the mode that gives the game longevity outside of caws. This time around they went in and removed a feature and left, i don't get it.

Ngl MyRise is actually really good and replayable this year. But I agree with you they need to make an overhaul in Universe mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.Dreadful said:

im regretting buying this game. i hate that they removed the AE arenas, i hate they removed some CAC stuff, i finished GM trophies now theres  no reason to go back to the mode cause it gets REALLY boring. but most of all, i *censored*ing despise the new controls and layout.  i think im just gonna go back to 2K19.

Well go back lol. Why buy the game if you know you was gonna hate the controls? 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...