Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

2 hours ago, CM_EDGE said:

If this game is so successful in the end, here is a crazy idea, do a second season pass for currently missing people and release the next full game in 2 years again.

This is what I thought of too. Give us two rolling updates within the year that updates the roster with missing superstars/attires etc. within that first year and then spend the next year working on the game and adding new superstars who debuted during the game's development. I'm probably in the minority, but I don't mind waiting two years for a game if I have to.

----

As for the DLC, we got some speculated names, so I'm happy. I just wish we got more women (ie. Lita, Bellas, Paige, Eva, Torrie, etc.) and Bad Bunny. Hopefully the packs come with new movies/arenas they didn't tell us about. I'm still hurt about Rey not getting his destroyer ?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Oscar22 said:

Honestly who did these movesets? I’ve got Edge throwing super kicks at everyone in multi man matches ?

For some insane reason 2K brought in Big Righteous, who pumps out low quality movesets (without even watching reference matches) just to pad out his YouTube channel. This game has the worst default movesets in series history, and that's saying a lot.

9 minutes ago, RyanCE said:

For some insane reason 2K brought in Big Righteous, who pumps out low quality movesets (without even watching reference matches) just to pad out his YouTube channel. This game has the worst default movesets in series history, and that's saying a lot.

As someone that pays close attention to movesets....Righteous is maybe the worst one of the bunch (unless Age of Sandow is still around?)

There are much better no name moveset creators that i've seen on Youtube and Xbox. 

in defense of Righteous tho. I wouldn't be surprised if 2k just asked if they could use his movesets as a template. And maybe just took 1 or 2 things from each one. Because Zelina Vega's moveset in 2k20 was NOT my moveset. But they used mine for reference. It would've been perfect if they just copied it exactly as i did it. But they want to put their own spin. Or maybe copying over completely is just too time consuming.

I could fix the movesets easily if they asked. I dont think they want that tbh. Because i would do shit like put NONE or repeat rear grapples or something to make it more accurate. But thats not FUN, probably. 

you can tell THQ/2k & Righteous put a lot of stock in those Top 10 Moves of videos you see on Youtube. Because u will look at their movesets and see the exact moves from those videos. Thats why you will get older moves for a new wrestler. And your thinking "i've never seen this person do that???" But u find a top 10 video and you will see that move in a clip from PWG or something. 

another example Bruno's backbreaker we got in WWE 2k14.  It was a very weird gory stretch looking version that wasn't Bruno's normal backbreaker he should've had. Why?? Because really the only clip of Bruno's backbreaker that was easy to find was a clip of him on Youtube doing it to Giant Baba. Because Baba is a big son of a bitch Bruno couldn't get him up in the backbreaker correctly. And thats the version we got

Wow Dragunov, Kacy, Indi, A-Kid, MSK, Ronda, Doudrop, Boogs, Omos, Azeez, Sarray, Xia Lee, La Knight, is a pretty damn good bunch of current guys that was missing, awesome  list. Sucks no NXT 2.0, was really convinced we'd get some of those guys....But the legends are great Umaga, Yokozuna, Rikishi, Boogeyman, Vader, Hurricane, RVD.

Really glad they seemed to include at least 2 or 3 current wrestlers in each pack, with some legends, so we aint gotta wait forever to get either.

1 hour ago, black_machismo said:

Anybody having issues regarding the slot for image upload in the 2K website is not resetting even though the image is already downloaded in the game. Can't even delete the images in the site, it says could not delete image. Is there a way to reset. All the images I have downloaded last time is still in the site. Can't upload any images anymore which is sh*t.

Same exact thing i'm experiencing, wont let me delete any images i've uploaded on there, can't seem to get new ones to show up in the game, and doesn't even say my account name when i sign it, its just says keyboarmanagerDE#. I really hope 2K is aware of this, cause its beyond frustrating.

No Zelina, Bron or Carmelo is a bummer but some names were expected to be missing with how many were missing from the disc roster. Surprised A-Kid got in at all, seems like the most unlikely given the NXT UK roster names that are missing, on top of the names I mentioned prior that aren't in. No Kayden is a bummer too.

35 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

As someone that pays close attention to movesets....Righteous is maybe the worst one of the bunch (unless Age of Sandow is still around?)

There are much better no name moveset creators that i've seen on Youtube and Xbox. 

in defense of Righteous tho. I wouldn't be surprised if 2k just asked if they could use his movesets as a template. And maybe just took 1 or 2 things from each one. Because Zelina Vega's moveset in 2k20 was NOT my moveset. But they used mine for reference. It would've been perfect if they just copied it exactly as i did it. But they want to put their own spin. Or maybe copying over completely is just too time consuming.

I could fix the movesets easily if they asked. I dont think they want that tbh. Because i would do shit like put NONE or repeat rear grapples or something to make it more accurate. But thats not FUN, probably. 

I think this is highly likely. I actually LIKE Righteous's movesets (though inaccurate, since there would be moves from the indies or used as a one off) and while I can see where his movesets are in the default, it also didn't seem to account how different the movesets are structured now (Like say the moves that were in his strong strikes don't immediately get mapped to a combo ender once you run out of slots in the current strong strike section). The movesets are just odd, since now grapples have what used to be strong strikes and such. Combo Enders also seem to just be pretty hit or miss (there's so much of that shoulder toss thing...) 

So yeah, the movesets are now a mix of "not accurate enough" but also not as "Here's all the moves they did at least once in their  career" as it could be. It also appears that if he worked on it, he wasn't aware or wasn't informed of new animations (Morisson has a new running knee strike to a seated opponent, but what was equipped was the seated Penalty Kick from previous games which was the closest approximation)

Tried the deletion utility after downloading and deleting CAWs and noticed it deleted all my custom renders even though they were on the CAWs.  I also tried adding them to a universe roster and it seems that it doesn't register as "In Use" and neither do the CAWs themselves.

Anyone else notice this as this can be an issue when we get to the image limit (unless you wait to do the renders last)?

Hopefully the creation threads on here go up soon, always love to see what the creators can do with these games. Now that all the details are out there and the mostly positive reactions, seeing some of the insanely well done CAWs might be enough to push me over the edge and buy this game earlier than I anticipated

Archived