Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

8 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

No? No there really isn't. You don't have to agree with him but they're still subjective opinions, just like mine are; and it gets really damn grating to have someone tell you that "oh well the fans like it so stop disliking it. stop it. STOP IT." any time you discuss them on a forum dedicated to said games.

There is a definite distinction between "I'm not a fan of the gameplay" and "People only like these games because they look good and dont actually care about gameplay" or "People who like this gameplay will accept anything they are given". You can easily critique without insinuating the people who do enjoy it are mindless fanboys that will accept anything. People like different things and that's fine. You're gonna look silly though if all you do is act like your opinions are the only right one

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

There is a definite distinction between "I'm not a fan of the gameplay" and "People only like these games because they look good and dont actually care about gameplay" or "People who like this gameplay will accept anything they are given". You can easily critique without insinuating the people who do enjoy it are mindless fanboys that will accept anything. People like different things and that's fine. You're gonna look silly though if all you do is act like your opinions are the only right one

Yeah everyone can have their opinion and say what they don't like or like, but i'm not on board with people insinuating that the ones who like what said person dislikes are casual idiot fanboys who blindly accept something bad and don't know any better or something.  As if its impossible the ones who like it actually do like it and aren't just idiotically blindly saying "yes sir may i have another?" whipping boys for 2K.

i was even saying last year before i played 2K22 that locking up to do grapples could be a game breaker for me and ruin the game, but i played it, got used to it and it didn't kill the gameplay for me, so sue me. I didn't like the combos, so i never use them in matches, and i find the AI doesn't use them that often either. The blocking i never use or the dodging, and the AI uses them occasionally but to me its a minor thing. 

2K19 wasn't some groundbreaking amazing wrestling simulator imo, as i said to me the gameplay was as stale as 5 year old bread, it had some stuff i'd like to see integrated back into the new system, like collar and elbow tie up and instant grapples. But at the tail end of my 2K19 experience i was bored as hell and the 2K22 gameplay felt fresh and like something i hadn't played before in the series. Overtime it can be tweaked and they can take feedback and change some stuff, its not like this is how it will be exactly for all time going forward.

The gameplay definitely aint prefect, but its not broken imo and a dead empty husk of what it used to be, i think thats overreacting a bit.

Hopefully soon, I imagine info should be coming throughout February since we have a smaller window so the usual dead air periods shouldn't exist for months on end and hopefully with less roster issues this time around, they won't have to be as coy about that as they were last year but I'm not holding my breath on their marketing suddenly improving tenfold

Ok going to try this without hopefully making this a bash fest. 

I’m surprised some of you really liked 2k22 that much. Fighting game stuff aside, so much is off like ratings meaning nothing to gameplay, fighting styles not really being a thing, movesets being off, the over complicated buttons, etc. The one thing I can compliment the game on is the matches being more challenging but it feels off that I’m playing as Brock and gran metalik is giving a good fight and kicking out from an f5. I guess from looking at the points this just boils down to stimulation vs arcade.

Things gone pretty fast now did they?
I guess the leak played a role in it.

Either way, im sorry but im yet again in the camp of not being hyped for this.

Cena as cover star and all...Eh.
I never was or will be a fan of him, so thats really not something that makes me want to buy this game.
Good news is that with this he is off the list now.
Means we are closer to a HHH showcase or Edge.
Cover is neat in terms of style, but yeah...not my cup of Tea with Cena.

Other than that, everything so far leaves me cold.
The MY GM etc stuff is of no interest to me.

War Games is neat, but when i look at all the other matchtypes that desperately need to be worked on(Steel Cage for example)a new matchtype is just gimmick.

Advanced Entrances back and the community loses it being super excited.
A mode that never should have been taken out in 2k22...im sorry but thats not blowing me away.

Other than that, im a gameplay and creation suite guy...so the announcement did nothing about that for me.
Like, the creation suite needs to be reworked so much, the whole logo placement system and all needs to be fixed, we need so many things on that front to be done...but no word on that.
Gameplay wasnt broken but probably the most boring one the series had so far imo.
I never spent this little time actually playing the game because i was so bored by the gameplay.

This is a full price Update, lets not dance around that.
The screens are pretty much final, maybe a few model upgrades if we are lucky, but what we see here is what we get pretty much.

People keep saying advanced entrances never should have been removed, but yeah it needed to be removed apparently it was causing a major part of the bugs in 2K20, so they had to remove it, they had to gut everything and certain modes and start over and now it can be brought back. Its what i expected, i'm sure body morphing is coming back at some point if not in 2k23, some stuff had to be taken out to start over they couldn't just keep those things in and build a new system on top of broken modes.

Yeah i guess it can sound a little shitty to advertise a mode we had before not long ago is being brought back, but it was an issue for some so they're letting them know its back, i don't take it as them announcing some new groundbreaking mode we should all be hyped for. But i get people being happy, i don't see anything wrong with that.

They are damned if they do, damned if they don't in situations like advanced entrances. People would critique them for advertising the return and people would've critiqued them if they didn't and 2K23 still had it in. Makes sense to advertise its return though IMO, especially since there were people who dead set believed it would never return

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

People keep saying advanced entrances never should have been removed, but yeah it needed to be removed apparently it was causing a major part of the bugs in 2K20, so they had to remove it, they had to gut everything and certain modes and start over and now it can be brought back. Its what i expected, i'm sure body morphing is coming back at some point if not in 2k23, some stuff had to be taken out to start over they couldn't just keep those things in and build a new system on top of broken modes.

Yeah i guess it can sound a little shitty to advertise a mode we had before not long ago is being brought back, but it was an issue for some so they're letting them know its back, i don't take it as them announcing some new groundbreaking mode we should all be hyped for. But i get people being happy, i don't see anything wrong with that.

And yet,without it...entrances still were messed up etc.
There is no body morphing in 2k22 and yet, clothing etc are still messed up involving bodies.

Like, my problem is less that they take out this stuff to fix it...my problem is that they prioritize this stuff over actual huge problems.
Glitches, bugs that are in for years and years are ignored while stuff that worked for many, is taken out to "fix".
Like i heard few people have problems with the body morphing, but a lot that have problems with the logo fading etc.

So many huge deal breakers ignored year after year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived