Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

Can we at least see gameplay first before shitting on it and complaining others aren't shitting on it? we got a screenshot of Drew and Roman about to lock up and and a few guys hitting their finishers in a trailer, maybe its tweaked and better this time around. Not saying its gonna be reverted back to 2k19 or anything but they did change some stuff apparently and said they listened to the feedback.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol I’m talking more about the 2k22 support justifying how it plays. I know even if 2k wanted I doubt they can bring back 2k19 since that was yukes and they didn’t know how to work with what they had but I’d rather they feel pressure from fans to make a better product rather than telling them it’s fine as is (especially with the weird fighting game stuff they brought in). Hopefully 2k23 does bring in stuff to silence us that have been criticizing.

2 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

god that stance looks so *censored*ing stupid.

Pretty much. I love the graphics. I love the new war games match. The thought of a revamped Universe sounds amazing ! But  none of that matters to me if my wrestlers are in a fighting stance and throwing combos like it’s Tekken.  

59 minutes ago, NiceTwice said:

Lol seeing people not care about gameplay here is wild. The nba game gets so much shit from their fans for anything that’s unrealistic. The wwe game series just let all that playing out realistic stuff go and a good portion of consumers are completely fine with it because it’s pretty. I guess it’s a lost fight to care about the gameplay being good again.

I don't think a good portion are letting it go because it looks good, I think a good portion just prefer the new gameplay and think it's better or not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be.

Feel like Pat McAfee is gonna be DLC. Feel like they would've included him in some of the promotional material touting his inclusion if he was included in the core game but with them including more and more celebs the last two versions, think he could be used to add some name recognition to the DLC packs

1 minute ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

I don't think a good portion are letting it go because it looks good, I think a good portion just prefer the new gameplay and think it's better or not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be.

This. I love the gameplay the way it is now, and I haven’t missed a release since…..well, ever. It’s different, and different doesn’t mean bad. Luckily caws.ws, if it ever was, is no longer an authority on what the game should play like because the result would probably be boring and continue to tank sales.

1 minute ago, A N T I - said:

This. I love the gameplay the way it is now, and I haven’t missed a release since…..well, ever. It’s different, and different doesn’t mean bad. Luckily caws.ws, if it ever was, is no longer an authority on what the game should play like because the result would probably be boring and continue to tank sales.

OOOOO from the top rope!

11 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Exactly, i mean tbh the gameplay was getting really stale by 2K19, just felt like the same game over and over again, it needed freshened up. Now i don't agree with every gameplay change, and some things needs reworked but i don't hate it and enjoy the game just fine.

Has RVD ever used the canadian destroyer? If a new one doesn't come through Bad Bunny then he'd probably be the best bet on finally getting a new one, no? I hope so, that old one is.. its real bad.

38 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Exactly, i mean tbh the gameplay was getting really stale by 2K19, just felt like the same game over and over again, it needed freshened up. Now i don't agree with every gameplay change, and some things needs reworked but i don't hate it and enjoy the game just fine.

Agreed. I loved the gameplay but it was getting old. This new version has work that needs to be done but it feels fresh and a lot of fun. IMO the AI getting a big improvement would do wonders for the gameplay but that's been the case for sometime 

Does anyone remember the mode we had back in... I think it was WWE '13 or WWE 2K14, where you tried to beat Undertaker at wrestlemania but the game pulled of ton of tricks to make the match super friggin hard? I wouldn't mind seeing them bring that back. These games are way too easy, so having something of a challenge would be quite nice.

ppl that don't know wrestling, made a wrestling game that doesn't feel like wrestling......and u guys say thank u sir may i have another.

I have seen too many video game franchises do the old desperate CHANGE EVERYTHING, dumb down the game, appeal to casuals thing. As a last ditch effort because of bad sales. Sometimes it fails. And the franchise dies. Even worse......is when it works. And the game u used to love becomes a soulless husk, stripped of its depth and so many years go by that the ppl playing it weren't even around to remember how good the franchise USED to be.

1 hour ago, CROSS-Out said:

Does anyone remember the mode we had back in... I think it was WWE '13 or WWE 2K14, where you tried to beat Undertaker at wrestlemania but the game pulled of ton of tricks to make the match super friggin hard? I wouldn't mind seeing them bring that back. These games are way too easy, so having something of a challenge would be quite nice.

WWE 2K14, Beat the streak. Agree that was fun and also the Slobberknocker mode.

BTW when will we get a dedicated thread for WWE 2K23 and AEW FF?

Edited by black_machismo

6 minutes ago, Rekka_No_Ryo said:

you sound real bitter kody and have not been happy with a WWE game in along while it seems like.

"no stop you're not allowed to have criticisms, you have to like it stop it you aren't allowed to not kiss 2Ks ass", after you get done hearing variants of that enough; you get pretty fed up.

2 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

"no stop you're not allowed to have criticisms, you have to like it stop it you aren't allowed to not kiss 2Ks ass", after you get done hearing variants of that enough; you get pretty fed up.

There's a major difference between criticisms and the stuff Kody is posting.  Acting like these things are similar is just being disingenuous

1 minute ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

There's a major difference between criticisms and the stuff Kody is posting.  Acting like these things are similar is just being disingenuous

No? No there really isn't. You don't have to agree with him but they're still subjective opinions, just like mine are; and it gets really damn grating to have someone tell you that "oh well the fans like it so stop disliking it. stop it. STOP IT." any time you discuss them on a forum dedicated to said games.