Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the plus side, Prototype Cena means we're likely getting a new proto-bomb so that should be fun. I really really hope they at least went balls to the wall with new moves and animations this year considering how lackluster 2K22 was on that front.

Not likely pre-ordering this year; money is tight and I just can't justify doing so for a game that I can't tell if i'll enjoy or not. At least unless they show something mindblowing. It's unfortunate because I do have some people who use me as a gauge on whether they should buy the game or not.

There's a lot I'm hoping they had the decency to do though. Obviously hoping for gameplay changes, but besides that there's a lot of silly little issues that I hope they decided to fix or undo. Obviously they say advanced entrances are back which is good, those should not have been gone; but things like CAW body morphing. that stupid cut off for logo placement in various spots, removal of collar and elbow tie up at the start of matches, lack of selling, weird restrictions on certain matches (why can I still not make a goddamn pin and submission royal rumble?), the same issue regarding arena restrictions, unable to use inside springboard finishers, missing moves that should not have been removed, missing pin combos, aformentioned issues with certain moves not having any ring or screen shake, certain moves that still have leftover speed issues from 2K20 like the regal cutter, after match replays are still broken as hell, a ton of bugs that got introduced or reintroduced in patches to 2K22 that they ignored to instead focus on adding content to MyFaction, really really bad crowd loops, terrible music choices for themes, unnecessary restrictions for logo amounts, unnecessary restrictions (and a terrible editor) for create a video, absolutely horrendous default movesets, lack of an alternative submission system for those of us who do not want to use or cannot use button mashing, baffling missing announce names (you have Karion Kross in the game, WHY is Cross not a selectable name?!), loading screens that focus way too much on aesthetic to the point where they often break (yes yes the effects in the background are nice, but i'd prefer a loading screen that doesn't constantly get stuck infinitely over that), and a host of other things.

Edited by CROSS-Out

43 minutes ago, Jeb ★ said:

Confirmed matches from this trailer:

- SD debut vs Angle 2002
- vs RVD One Night Stand 2006
- vs Batista Summerslam 2008
- vs Triple H Night of Champions 2008
- vs The Rock WM 28
- vs Lesnar Summerslam 2014
- vs AJ Styles Summerslam 2016
- vs Undertaker WM 34
- vs Reigns Summerslam 2021

ehh, keep in mind they've said multiple times in past games advertising that something is "improved" only for it to be barely touched. Take it with a grain of salt; hopefully its for real but I dont wanna be burned again.

1 minute ago, CROSS-Out said:

ehh, keep in mind they've said multiple times in past games advertising that something is "improved" only for it to be barely touched. Take it with a grain of salt; hopefully its for real but I dont wanna be burned again.

I'm literally as we speak trying to figure out what types of character personas I wanna do for my CAWs lol. It's the gamer nerd in me lol.

Coming up with CAWs with unique personas to play in Universe Mode and etc., can be a challenge in my opinion. I NEVER use up all of my CAW slots in any of the games. How do you guys use up all of those slots for CAWs and use them in the games.

1 minute ago, JasonKortare said:

I'm literally as we speak trying to figure out what types of character personas I wanna do for my CAWs lol. It's the gamer nerd in me lol.

Coming up with CAWs with unique personas to play in Universe Mode and etc., can be a challenge in my opinion. I NEVER use up all of my CAW slots in any of the games. How do you guys use up all of those slots for CAWs and use them in the games.

Oh trust me man, I have a set of wrestlers I make every year that i look forward to making and improvements would make a lot better; I just hate getting my hopes up that they'll finally show the CS some proper love only to have them like "look, we upped the resolution on this one face texture slightly :) that counts as big improvement right?".

There are so many things I could name as improvements I want to see; so hopefully they really wow me with this one. The system has needed some serious love for a while

14 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

Oh trust me man, I have a set of wrestlers I make every year that i look forward to making and improvements would make a lot better; I just hate getting my hopes up that they'll finally show the CS some proper love only to have them like "look, we upped the resolution on this one face texture slightly :) that counts as big improvement right?".

There are so many things I could name as improvements I want to see; so hopefully they really wow me with this one. The system has needed some serious love for a while

To be honest, I curiously wanna know. Do you guys take full advantage of the number of CAW slots to use in the game for Exhibition matches and Universe Mode? I never do, the highest number I do is 6 or 7. You see, I treat CAWs like Pokemon, it's hard to raise and take care of them all.

I think it's mad cool that you create the same type of superstars and keep them going throughout the games. I love certain character personas more than others so I know for the most part what I wanna do.

Edited by JasonKortare

1 hour ago, JasonKortare said:

Wow that stuff about the caws looking on par with in game wrestlers sounds really awesome, cause that was always a big negative about the mode is they never matched up with the in game wrestlers. But to some creators credit in 2K22 they managed to make some caws that did look on par almost, so its gonna be wild to see how good caws by creators like iconic etc if now caws look on par with ingame wrestlers.

Edited by J-man89

4 minutes ago, JasonKortare said:

You fill up ALL the slots and use them in the game?! THAT might be some motivation for me bro.

Yup. In 2k19 and 20 I filled them entirely with original creations of my own. Less so in 2k22 because I felt the mode fights you every step of the way bit still 

I usually re create all of my CAWS, Arenas and sometimes championships (I tend to get lazy on this part and sometimes download titles) as part of my custom brand I do on universe mode. I use about 70 to 90 slots and have sometimes used the in game roster as well mostly the wrestlers I tend to like.

There is one Character Persona that I will be using in 2k23 because I have a lot of fun with it. Do you guys remember Jessie Godderz from TNA? Yeah that's the one lol

IF I can get a good CAW of Jessie Godderz I will be happy. The one I saw in 2k22 Creation Suite was a disaster lol

2 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah i guess, if they could alter it a bit like i said it would be the best way to do it though.

I've gotten used to the new system, its not how i would prefer it, but i can live with it, i rarely if ever use the combo system in 2k22, the AI uses it here and there but i can usually play a match realistic enough and ignore the blocking and dodging features.

This match is an example of how i tend to play the game, you can have a realistic enough match not using the new features

I thought the locking up to do grapples was gonna kill the gameplay for me but its fine. I mean locking up to do grapples is whats used now i guess, the AEW game you're gonna have to lock up to do grapples, same in Fire Pro, if people are fine with it in those games not sure why 2K should be picked at for it, its not what's idea for those that want a pure wrestling simulation game but all the big games now use it so what can you do?

the difference between WWE 2k games, and Fire Pro or AEW is that; well with Fire Pro that is the gameplay. Its a retro 2d wrestling game. Thats the way the game has always been. since 1989.  The core gameplay of Fire Pro has never changed. And it caters to the people that still want to play that. AEW Fight Forever isn't out yet. And we've seen minimal gameplay at that. But its the first game. Its not an established series. AND its specifically trying to replicate No Mercy. So it looking and playing like No Mercy is expected and probably encouraged. 

Honestly grapple lock-ups is only like the 27th gripe down the list on the problems with 2k22. WWE All-Stars has lock-ups and i love that game. 

what ur ignoring is how stale the gameplay looks. Ur ignoring that the new combo system has taken away all of the Selling & Feeding into positions that we had. Now u hit someone and they stand there waiting for the next strike in ur combo. Now u suplex someone and they stay where they landed. 

But the past couple games have given us such dynamic wrestling gameplay that u would suplex someone and maybe they roll out of the ring to the floor. Or maybe they roll out to the apron. Or maybe they crawl to the bottom Turnbuckle. Or maybe they crawl up to an on all fours position.   

In 2k19 & 2k20 u could strike ur opponent and they might stand there, they could no sell, they could stagger back, they could drop to a knee, fall to a seated position, stumble into the ropes, stumble into the corner.

the stumble into corner and ropes is still there somewhat. But the range is much smaller. U have to be close to those positions already. Where as before ur opponent could stagger halfway across the ring and put themselves into positions to set u up for ur next attack.

Edited by eastcoastkody

1 hour ago, RyanCE said:

The old Rock Bottom animation is much more accurate than the new one in the Cena trailer. It just needed a pin combo.

Yeah the Rock Bottom we've had in recent years has been horrible, slow and plodding, and the lack of pin combo makes it awkward, got hit it and go down, get back back up after hitting it then go down again for the pin.

Its literally begging for a pin combo, its the only classic finisher without a pin combo, Pedigree, Stunner, Tombstone, Sweet Chin Music etc all have pin combos.

Edited by J-man89

Lol seeing people not care about gameplay here is wild. The nba game gets so much shit from their fans for anything that’s unrealistic. The wwe game series just let all that playing out realistic stuff go and a good portion of consumers are completely fine with it because it’s pretty. I guess it’s a lost fight to care about the gameplay being good again.