Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

I remember wwe all stars had a character type that could chain wrestling moves and holds, it was a bit exaggerated of course but I think that would be a great way to do combos in a manner that works for non striker wrestlers. The problem being that the current animation rigging and animations themselves would have to be completely redone for that unfortunately so it would likely be far far more work than would be worth it.

The reason I despise the lock up for grapples though other than making every match feel the exact same is that it puts way too much emphasis on this combo system, I actually don't hate the combo system, I just do not think it should he the focal point of the main gameplay loop. It's a great system for strikers, but it just looks ridiculous for grapples, giants, powerhouses, and in some cases high flyers. Removal of various features also makes that bare aspect all the more obvious. Stamina and reversal slots could've been made optional instead of ripping them out entirely, for instance.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JasonKortare said:

Do you guys think they will have official 4 Man entrances this time around? Like custom entrances for creating a stable and not the basic one they had for The Hurt Business.

I really hope so.  Not just for giving them to new teams but also to fix teams that might accidentally get broken.. as happened with said hurt business.

Even though Universe Mode is a favorable mode in the game, I seriously want to know out of curiosity if you guys still play Exhibition mode a lot, even without playing online against others? Because of the fact that the Creation Suite is a whole wide world of creations, I have a history of using exhibition mode often during my days of 2k19. The whole creating superstars and making up rivalries and story angles in my head. Yeah I was one of those kids lol

2 minutes ago, JasonKortare said:

Even though Universe Mode is a favorable mode in the game, I seriously want to know out of curiosity if you guys still play Exhibition mode a lot, even without playing online against others? Because of the fact that the Creation Suite is a whole wide world of creations, I have a history of using exhibition mode often during my days of 2k19. The whole creating superstars and making up rivalries and story angles in my head. Yeah I was one of those kids lol

did u play SvR 2011? where u could toggle Universe on/off during exhibition

Honestly I played exhibition more than universe in 2K22, since universe mode has quite a number of problems with it, and exhibition is the best way to immediately test my new creations.

I just wish you could set up little storyline aspects to happen in exhibition before you hit play.

4 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

Honestly I played exhibition more than universe in 2K22, since universe mode has quite a number of problems with it, and exhibition is the best way to immediately test my new creations.

I just wish you could set up little storyline aspects to happen in exhibition before you hit play.

Absolutely! I BARELY touched Universe Mode when I played 2k22. The only way that I will use a lot of Universe Mode in 2k23 is if they do end up going with the creative story angle ideas or promos or something like that. I remember watching one of the WWE 2K22 creators being interviewed saying that creating a promo or a segment during Universe mode was gonna be too much of a struggle but I am hoping that they could at least put in some little stuff during the match cards. Playing Universe mode where it was Basically match cards but not specific rivalry angles made me lose interest in Universe mode. Exhibition mode had my attention more.

I've mentioned this before but I personally think GM mode should've been combined with universe mode and everything about the mode made modular. So you could go into the settings and turn off or on:

Individual wrestler salaries

Show budgets and profit

Contract negotiations

Storyline for jumping brands/companies

Full show star ratings

And additional things to make universe mode better. In this manner the player could customize universe to get exactly what they want out of it both in terms of universe as it was and GM mode. Alas, i don't think that'll ever happen and if it did they'd probably try to find some way to monetize it.

6 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

I've mentioned this before but I personally think GM mode should've been combined with universe mode and everything about the mode made modular. So you could go into the settings and turn off or on:

Individual wrestler salaries

Show budgets and profit

Contract negotiations

Storyline for jumping brands/companies

Full show star ratings

And additional things to make universe mode better. In this manner the player could customize universe to get exactly what they want out of it both in terms of universe as it was and GM mode. Alas, i don't think that'll ever happen and if it did they'd probably try to find some way to monetize it.

That would've been good, along with have a GM for each show who can make announcements for future events, like title matches.

My main interest in WWE 2K23 hands down is MYRISE. I am seriously hoping that the mode this time around is for the most part, a different experience from the 2k22 MyRise. I liked MyRise in 2k22 a lot but I am hoping that they focused on giving it a different "feel" as far as how your created superstar goes up the rankings in WWE..

WHAT IF they give us a MyRise that is more distinctive? Before going to the Performance Center, you have to wrestle in the Indy shows and during your Rise in WWE, they give you the options of specific storylines depending on the choice of character persona you picked out. Creating a background as a MMA fighter, Actor or Athlete was cool but I am hoping that we have more story angle options on where we want our superstar to go and on which roster brand.

For me a simple change for the combos would be just make them an ability you assign like in the past, those you assign with it like strikers use it, and if its not assigned to a wrestler they can't use combos, that solves a big issue for alot who dislike the combo system. The devs should have known making everyone forced to have combos was a bad idea, not every wrestler has a strike combination.

Not sure if it could be done but locking up to do grapples should also be an option you can toggle on or off like weight detection in options. Then each side can play the game the way they prefer.

2k19s career mode was pretty good, albeit if you replay it you can see where things went wrong in small aspects of it. The "original sin" trope, as it were. That being that their writers aren't nearly as funny or clever as they think they are.

2K20s was a travesty. There is so much wrong with that narrative I could write a book about it. It ponders to the fans of female wrestling by going "OH LOOK WE HAVE FEMALE CAW PLAYABLE FOR FIRST TIME" and then turn her practically into a stereotype, they make the male character so stupid he would be in constant medical care for the entirety of his life so he doesn't accidentally swallow his own tongue, and the narrative was just asinine.

2K22s.. I don't know how to feel about it. I know I don't like it as much as 2K19s, and I know I don't hate it like 2K20s. It feels.. unfinished I guess? Like there's some aspects missing from it. It's more free form sure but there's a lot of silly sacrifices to make that happen. 

What matches do you think will be in the showcase? They are all based on John Cena loses. From the sound of it his debut against Angle is in and his summerslam with reigns in 21 finishes it. Say there is 10 matches, what do you think the other 8 would be, what are some of his biggest loses?

9 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

For me a simple change for the combos would be just make them an ability you assign like in the past, those you assign with it like strikers use it, and if its not assigned to a wrestler they can't use combos, that solves a big issue for alot who dislike the combo system.

Not sure if it could be done but locking up to do grapples should also be an option you can toggle on or off like weight detection in options. Then each side can play the game the way they prefer.

they built the game around it. Its a core feature. It was why they changed the gameplay. Just disabling it, leaves u with less strong strikes. less standing strikes. way less grapples. It negates the combo breaker. It makes even less sense to have blocking, dodging and a reversal button.  It negates the reason strong strike is now its own button and why we have to now lock up for irish whips.

I see what ur saying. But ur not recognizing that the game is working as intended. They want this

15 minutes ago, TheEggman said:

What matches do you think will be in the showcase? They are all based on John Cena loses. From the sound of it his debut against Angle is in and his summerslam with reigns in 21 finishes it. Say there is 10 matches, what do you think the other 8 would be, what are some of his biggest loses?

Daniel Bry- oh wait. Ruse- oh wait.

17 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

they built the game around it. Its a core feature. It was why they changed the gameplay. Just disabling it, leaves u with less strikes. less standing strikes. way less grapples. It negates the combo breaker. It makes even less sense to have blocking, dodging and a reversal button.  It negates the reason strong strike is now its own button and why we have to now lock up for irish whips.

I see what ur saying. But ur not recognizing that the game is working as intended. They want this

Yeah i guess, if they could alter it a bit like i said it would be the best way to do it though.

I've gotten used to the new system, its not how i would prefer it, but i can live with it, i rarely if ever use the combo system in 2k22, the AI uses it here and there but i can usually play a match realistic enough and ignore the blocking and dodging features.

This match is an example of how i tend to play the game, you can have a realistic enough match not using the new features

I thought the locking up to do grapples was gonna kill the gameplay for me but its fine. I mean locking up to do grapples is whats used now i guess, the AEW game you're gonna have to lock up to do grapples, same in Fire Pro, if people are fine with it in those games not sure why 2K should be picked at for it, its not what's idea for those that want a pure wrestling simulation game but all the big games now use it so what can you do?

Archived