Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

Damn this is the first time i'm really being forced to get the most expensive edition with the Icon edition for $127 just cause you get Prototype Cena, the Ruthless Aggression Batista, Orton and Brock and i don't wanna wait 90 days to get them. *sigh* well at least i have till march to save up for it. If they keep churning out Ruthless Aggression content take my money now.

Edited by J-man89

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I mentioned this a while ago but they released the nWo DLC on its own last year less than a month after 2K22 came out so hopefully that helps your decision unless you care about the supercard/myfaction stuff

5 minutes ago, JasonKortare said:

I have been a lover of WWE Games since the 90s. I never understood the popular argument of gamers complaining about the "gameplay" of these WWE 2K games. The game allows you to punch, kick and do a whole bunch of wrestling moves. What exactly is the argument? Do people want 2,000 wrestling moves with every wrestler having 5 finishers?

The #1 reason why I was always into these WWE games is because of the Creation Suites. I have the ability to create wrestlers, play career modes, do exhibition matches and make up fantasy rivalries with the other wrestlers in the game. The gamer has to be able to make usage of whatever these WWE 2K games have to offer. I feel like some of the fans are asking for the impossible to be put into these wrestling games and it all seems bizarre to me.

You can have a great time playing WWE 2K22 and 2K23 without feeling repetitive if you simply focus on more than just wanting the ability to do everything in the existing world of pro wrestling.

I too have been playing the games since then and also use the Creation Suite religiously but it's worthless after playing a game like 2K19 and then trying to play 2K22.

2K22 feels like a Fighting Game with wrestler skins. They removed a whole damn list of features and added an awful Combo system, Collar and Elbow Tie Ups/Grab animations for all grapple moves in every position and an extremely unnecessary ugly Block mechanic. It's the biggest downgrade of Gameplay in the whole series.

8 minutes ago, JasonKortare said:

I have been a lover of WWE Games since the 90s. I never understood the popular argument of gamers complaining about the "gameplay" of these WWE 2K games. The game allows you to punch, kick and do a whole bunch of wrestling moves. What exactly is the argument? Do people want 2,000 wrestling moves with every wrestler having 5 finishers?

The #1 reason why I was always into these WWE games is because of the Creation Suites. I have the ability to create wrestlers, play career modes, do exhibition matches and make up fantasy rivalries with the other wrestlers in the game. The gamer has to be able to make usage of whatever these WWE 2K games have to offer. I feel like some of the fans are asking for the impossible to be put into these wrestling games and it all seems bizarre to me.

You can have a great time playing WWE 2K22 and 2K23 without feeling repetitive if you simply focus on more than just wanting the ability to do everything in the existing world of pro wrestling.

i've realized long ago, that the fact that i kinda don't give a flying fck about created wrestlers, and all i care about is gameplay gameplay gameplay. And being able to play a realistic wrestling match. I am in the minority now. Unfortunately. I used to just assume that everyone was like that. And maybe they were, before. But with how good creation modes have advanced over the years, more and more ppl just care about that. And thats fine.  But i always wanted that to be in addition to. An added on thing. To a solid foundation. 

the foundation has crumbled. And nobody cares cuz the games still pretty, and u can still create crazy characters and mostly accurate looking ppl. 

Just now, eastcoastkody said:

i've realized long ago, that the fact that i kinda don't give a flying fck about created wrestlers, and all i care about is gameplay gameplay gameplay. And being able to play a realistic wrestling match. I am in the minority now. Unfortunately. I used to just assume that everyone was like that. And maybe they were, before. But with how good creation modes have advanced over the years, more and more ppl just care about that. And thats fine.  But i always wanted that to be in addition to. An added on thing. To a solid foundation. 

the foundation has crumbled. And nobody cares cuz the games still pretty, and u can still create crazy characters and mostly accurate looking ppl. 

I LOOOOVE the Creation Suite (well not 2K22's because you can't even morph bodies or select weight). I only use CAWs.

But regardless of that, after seeing the gameplay get better and better year after year from about SvR 2010 - WWE 2K19 I can't get into it if the gameplay sucks like 2K22. For me Gameplay is Number 1 and the Creation Suite is Number 2 (but both are pretty essential).

5 minutes ago, Jeb ★ said:

^ I mentioned this a while ago but they released the nWo DLC on its own last year less than a month after 2K22 came out so hopefully that helps your decision unless you care about the supercard/myfaction stuff

Yeah its tough for me lol, i'm an impatient person and i've been dying for a retro Lesnar from the Ruthless Aggression era for years, him alone is enough to make me wanna get it lol.

That price is crazy though i will say, never paid that much for a game before, eh i don't know its tough, i'd like to see screenshots of the models before i make my decision, if its a true Lesnar model from 2002 with his accurate build and younger face and not just current Brock with less tattoos and trunks i'll definitely buy it. But i aint gonna spend that kind of money for lazy retro models thats not properly done.

1 minute ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

I LOOOOVE the Creation Suite (well not 2K22's because you can't even morph bodies or select weight). I only use CAWs.

But regardless of that, after seeing the gameplay get better and better year after year from about SvR 2010 - WWE 2K19 I can't get into it if the gameplay sucks like 2K22. For me Gameplay is Number 1 and the Creation Suite is Number 2 (but both are pretty essential).

with as much as they nerf CAW all the time, its a miracle that CAWS look better than ever. I don't know how ppl do it. Or why there wasn't an uprising of pitch forks everytime they remove a very critical part of creating a wrestler.

I have zero skill in creating a character. I have no artistic bone in my body in that sense. I could take a year and can't come up with anything anyone would actually want to download. So more power to the people who do it. 

but also since we've moved on from No Mercy. Where everyone uses the same parts, and CAWs mostly blend in with the actual roster....i've stopped using CAWs. To me they just don't look right next to the in-game roster. They stand out like a sore thumb to me visually. It used to be because they looked so bad compared to the real models. But now, some of them look too good lol

1 minute ago, eastcoastkody said:

with as much as they nerf CAW all the time, its a miracle that CAWS look better than ever. I don't know how ppl do it. Or why there wasn't an uprising of pitch forks everytime they remove a very critical part of creating a wrestler.

I have zero skill in creating a character. I have no artistic bone in my body in that sense. I could take a year and can't come up with anything anyone would actually want to download. So more power to the people who do it. 

but also since we've moved on from No Mercy. Where everyone uses the same parts, and CAWs mostly blend in with the actual roster....i've stopped using CAWs. To me they just don't look right next to the in-game roster. They stand out like a sore thumb to me visually. It used to be because they looked so bad compared to the real models. But now, some of them look too good lol

I use Original CAWs in my own Original Fed so they've always matched each other. But if I can't have them behave how they are supposed to in a Wrestling match, it's a skip for me.

I don't want to see every single wrester do the exact same cookie-cutter actions.

9 minutes ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

I use Original CAWs in my own Original Fed so they've always matched each other. But if I can't have them behave how they are supposed to in a Wrestling match, it's a skip for me.

I don't want to see every single wrester do the exact same cookie-cutter actions.

i find it quite worrisome that gameplay changes aren't mentioned in this big first reveal of the game. So that tells me the game will still have the weird stances that u occilate back and forth switch from righty to lefty constantly for no reason. The game will still have the strike combo gameplay and the limited amount of standing strikes and strong strikes. It will still have the lockup and irish whip mechanic.  Theres a good chance the combo system is still limited. And that they haven't expanded to actual grapple or ground combos which is like 500% more prevalent in actual wrestling. 

I saw advanced entrances being used as a selling point on one site and that really ticks me off. Putting back in what shouldn't have been taken out in the first place should not be used as a pat on the back.

25 minutes ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

I too have been playing the games since then and also use the Creation Suite religiously but it's worthless after playing a game like 2K19 and then trying to play 2K22.

2K22 feels like a Fighting Game with wrestler skins. They removed a whole damn list of features and added an awful Combo system, Collar and Elbow Tie Ups/Grab animations for all grapple moves in every position and an extremely unnecessary ugly Block mechanic. It's the biggest downgrade of Gameplay in the whole series.

I see your theory

2 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

i find it quite worrisome that gameplay changes aren't mentioned in this big first reveal of the game. So that tells me the game will still have the weird stances that u occilate back and forth switch from righty to lefty constantly for no reason. The game will still have the strike combo gameplay and the limited amount of standing strikes and strong strikes. It will still have the lockup and irish whip mechanic.  Theres a good chance the combo system is still limited. And that they haven't expanded to actual grapple or ground combos which is like 500% more prevalent in actual wrestling. 

Such garbage. Not surprised though.

It needed to change into something like what it did. Gameplay was the same thing every year and sales were going down. Casuals don’t even consider 2K19 a good game because they weren’t feeling the gameplay in general compared to the wrestling games of old. They went in an exciting new direction and I’m here for it. I was here for it since the beginning no matter how much I got trashed on here for telling people to suck it up and move on. Accept change.

3 minutes ago, JasonKortare said:

It's important to note that the gamers bad mouthing the gameplay will still purchase the game. I feel like the disliking toward the gameplay might be viewed as people's open opinions but the creators themselves will never see it as something necessary to change.

Alright dude, that's enough. If you like the gameplay, that's fine. Cool, great, I'm happy for you.

But plenty of us do have an issue with the direction 2K22 went in, and our opinions are not invalidated just because you don't. 

Just now, CROSS-Out said:

Alright dude, that's enough. If you like the gameplay, that's fine. Cool, great, I'm happy for you.

But plenty of us do have an issue with the direction 2K22 went in, and our opinions are not invalidated just because you don't. 

I didn't say that your opinions are not invalidated. What I was simply trying to express is that the creators of the game will look at gamers disliking of the gameplay mechanics as an OPEN OPINION. If gamers are still going to buy and play the game but complain about the gameplay does not put the creators into a mindset to move it in other directions. This was not about me having an issue with those who are against the 2k gameplay.

He even complained endlessly about the little problems with 2K19. Now rope and screen shake are his hill to die on. His opinions aren’t invalid but he’s gonna complain regardless. He’s one of those. He’s cool when he isn’t badmouthing the devs which feels like 90% of the time now which is why I suggested he take a chill pill for a bit.

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

Damn this is the first time i'm really being forced to get the most expensive edition with the Icon edition for $127 just cause you get Prototype Cena, the Ruthless Aggression Batista, Orton and Brock and i don't wanna wait 90 days to get them. *sigh* well at least i have till march to save up for it. If they keep churning out Ruthless Aggression content take my money now.

Damn, if people are really into that edition then I may have to get it too. I’m not as huge on RA era as I would be for an ECW special edition or something of that nature, but I need any and all new moves I can get.

Are you serious? If I buy the game I'm not allowed to think they've made mistakes or bad prioritization? Frankly, *Censored* off with that nonsense.

I complain about ring shake and ropes on certain moves not working because they create a dissonance on that move and others and make them look weaker, and thus invalidating that move being in in the first place. What, should I paste my lips to their asses and thank them so much for releasing something broken? Should I say "oh thank you 2K!" Every time the game crashes or gets stuck in an infinite loading screen or removes a feature just to use it as a bloody selling point when they bring it back? If you've got a problem with me not praising the ground the game walks on when I notice an obvious issue, feel free to put me on ignore because while I DO praise them when I think they get something right, I am not nor will I ever going to stay quiet when I think they *Censored* something up.

2K22 got some things right. It also got a lot wrong in my personal opinion, and I will continue to say so. What casual fans think is up to them, I do not care. It's not my job to look at it from 2Ks point of view, I look at it from mine.

Do I maybe exaggerate my anger a bit? Yeah sure, it's a great way to vent. But if you don't like me pointing out bugs in the bug section or talking about what I believe are bad changes to gameplay, well.. sorry. You can like the game and I'm happy for you. I can dislike aspects of the game and that isn't changing.

Edited by CROSS-Out

https://imgur.com/oUGqVzw

^what combos in a wrestling game should be. (arm drag to armbar, to standing armbar, to wristlock, to an Armbreaker, to One-handed snapmare to soccer kick)

FbdwUy2.gif

^what we got the whole roster in the game doing instead

Edited by eastcoastkody

https://www.polygon.com/23564646/wwe-2k23-release-date-preview-wargames

From the article:

"This isn’t to suggest that the WarGames match type will be the only significant change fans notice.

Even after last year’s overhaul, core gameplay changes are coming. Wrestlers’ stamina and the pin minigame will be changed again, Jinks said, though both are responsive to community feedback on the systems in last year’s game.

Either way, Jinks vows “It’s hard for me to even go back to play 2K22 without the stuff that we added this year,” he said. “It’s more balanced, in a realistic way, not a slow way.”