Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And again, Icon edition is Digital version only. Which sucks for me. Looks like I need to wait 90 days just to get the Ruthless Aggression DLC. But still depends on the price. Since I did not bother getting the nWo pack last year since I got the Deluxe Edition.

Waiting for other features they will show after the event this weekend.

2 months away from release, hope they will not do the same reveal like 2k22. But knowing 2K it will be slow news after the weekend event.

For 2K22 they released the nWo DLC pack stand-alone less than a month after the game came out so it’ll probably be the same for this. Plus I still get physical editions for WWE 2K and the deluxe edition has the best cover this year so I’m glad lol

Same I always get the physical release since I collect WWE Games. Oh was it less than a month when they released the nWo Pack, did not notice and did not care since the only new wrestler we could get there is Eric Bischoff. 

And agree I also like the Cover for Deluxe Edition. But will still be getting a cheap used copy of the standard edition next year. Like what I will be doing with 2K22 since I like collecting all covers of the game.

BTW guys I have a question regarding Deluxe Physical versions. I haven't bought a PS5 but thinking of getting one later this year. And since I'll be getting a Deluxe edition of the game is it better to get it on PS5 and just download the PS4 version included in my PS4 or should I get the PS4 version? I just read in the FAQ in WWE 2K site that DLC will not be transferrable so if you buy PS5 the DLC will only be for PS5 and PS4 for PS4 only.

Since it is indicated if you buy a Deluxe Edition for PS5 you get the PS4 version and vice versa. My question is how do you download the game in my PS4 if I bought the PS5 Deluxe version. Anybody tried it before? Since it's hard to find a Physical Deluxe edition here in my country once it is sold out. Also, can't find a video of it in Youtube.

1 hour ago, black_machismo said:

And again, Icon edition is Digital version only. Which sucks for me. Looks like I need to wait 90 days just to get the Ruthless Aggression DLC. But still depends on the price. Since I did not bother getting the nWo pack last year since I got the Deluxe Edition.

Waiting for other features they will show after the event this weekend.

2 months away from release, hope they will not do the same reveal like 2k22. But knowing 2K it will be slow news after the weekend event.

Damn that sucks, really like the cover plus I’m not ready to purchase games fully digital yet :laugh: All good though  

its truly time to stop giving Visual Concepts/2K ur money. 

Its been a disaster since YUKES left.  And i have no allegiance to YUKES, trust me. Im sure they are a nightmare to collab with. Im sure lots of the bugs these games have had for decades are their fault. 

but bottom line is, since Visual Concepts fully took control, these are the worst wrestling games since the 16 bit era.

i really wish they had lost the license. The fact that ppl celebrated them retaining it is insane. The game needs a reboot. Start from the ground up. Because having a japanese dev make the game for 2 decades and then forcibly having it ripped away from them to american devs has NOT worked out.

2k20 was like if u took 2k19, and stomped on it. It was a broken mess

2k21 WAS CANCELLED. thats how dire that situation was.

2k22 they are so *censored*ed and desperate they hire a producer from the Killer Instinct reboot. A non-wrestling game fan. Non wrestling fan. who had no clue what he was doing. And instead of making a wrestling game, he forced his fighting game philosophy into this series.

the bugs are still there. the gameplay we loved is now ctrl/alt/deleted. And if u continue to let this be successful, then congrats they keep the shitty gameplay and ramp up the MyFaction. If we stop buying it eventually in 5 years they will pivot and try to rebuild and turn this into a wrestling game again

Uh, gonna play devil's advocate here. A new dev/pub team would have reset the game and all it's features to square one. With a lot of those possibly never returning. And who would WWE realistically license themselves to? 

EA?
Activision?

Because those two would have done what 2K did with MyFaction and made it worse. We're talking re-wiring gamecode to better serve the MTX part of the game. Far far worse.

Is VC perfect? Hell no. But we need to consider that we're a minority to them. 2K is making games for the majority and that majority liked 2K22. 

7 minutes ago, judas priest superstar said:

Uh, gonna play devil's advocate here. A new dev/pub team would have reset the game and all it's features to square one. With a lot of those possibly never returning. And who would WWE realistically license themselves to? 

EA?
Activision?

Because those two would have done what 2K did with MyFaction and made it worse. We're talking re-wiring gamecode to better serve the MTX part of the game. Far far worse.

Is VC perfect? Hell no. But we need to consider that we're a minority to them. 2K is making games for the majority and that majority liked 2K22. 

I Agree 100%

There are a bunch of tweaks and additions that would make the gameplay much more palatable to me:

• Let us assign more than two signatures and finishers per wrestler; the upcoming AEW game allows up to five of each!
  • If we still can't assign submission moves as regular grapples we should at least be able to assign separate front and rear standing submissions.
  • Let us flip strike animations like in the old games; southpaws are really screwed over by the current setup.
  • Let us create our own combo strings like in the old games; if I want to assign three basic punches in a row I should be able to without having to scroll through a list of 100 premade strings.
  • Bring back all the moves that were removed in 2K22; if animations need to be cut to make room for them, drop the awful 2K Originals moves from 2K20.
  • Bring back the draped apron position for Undertaker's leg drop, RVD's spiral leg drop, etc.
  • Let us assign stomps in CAM (the generic stomp, Rock's shaking stomp, Stacy's stomp from 2K22, and some new ones).
  • Bring back fighting stances! These added so much character to the older games.

I'm not holding my breath for any of this, though.

44 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

its truly time to stop giving Visual Concepts/2K ur money. 

Its been a disaster since YUKES left.  And i have no allegiance to YUKES, trust me. Im sure they are a nightmare to collab with. Im sure lots of the bugs these games have had for decades are their fault. 

but bottom line is, since Visual Concepts fully took control, these are the worst wrestling games since the 16 bit era.

i really wish they had lost the license. The fact that ppl celebrated them retaining it is insane. The game needs a reboot. Start from the ground up. Because having a japanese dev make the game for 2 decades and then forcibly having it ripped away from them to american devs has NOT worked out.

2k20 was like if u took 2k19, and stomped on it. It was a broken mess

2k21 WAS CANCELLED. thats how dire that situation was.

2k22 they are so *censored*ed and desperate they hire a producer from the Killer Instinct reboot. A non-wrestling game fan. Non wrestling fan. who had no clue what he was doing. And instead of making a wrestling game, he forced his fighting game philosophy into this series.

the bugs are still there. the gameplay we loved is now ctrl/alt/deleted. And if u continue to let this be successful, then congrats they keep the shitty gameplay and ramp up the MyFaction. If we stop buying it eventually in 5 years they will pivot and try to rebuild and turn this into a wrestling game again

2K22 was a good game, it was a lot better then 2K20. I'll give 2K23 a chance, hopefully it'll be another good game.

1 hour ago, glennsoe said:

Wait..hold the phone..the press and my wig !

We can download caws from CC and use them in the myrise mode?

FB_IMG_1674496792659.thumb.jpg.ca8f8e75840a82c12039578012827cad.jpg

Thats freaking awesome! So we can finally download a Kenny Omega or someone from one of the top creators and use him in My Rise! Thank god, cause most people are terrible at making caws so it was never fair to force people to use their own creation, should've always had this option..

But now it'll be cool being bale to use anyone we want from CC to take through My Rise, will definitely make me actually play that mode now.

WWE 2K22 was SOMEWHAT of a disaster due to the massive bugs and glitches but apparently the response was still well received. The bugs and glitches frustrated me so bad to where I would stop playing the game for months and eventually go back to it.

I feel like most people who play these WWE 2K games is that there enjoyment of the game depends on the specific modes that they use the most.

6 minutes ago, JasonKortare said:

WWE 2K22 was SOMEWHAT of a disaster due to the massive bugs and glitches but apparently the response was still well received. The bugs and glitches frustrated me so bad to where I would stop playing the game for months and eventually go back to it.

I feel like most people who play these WWE 2K games is that there enjoyment of the game depends on the specific modes that they use the most.

i think the lesson learned was that we will buy anything, as long as the game is playable on launch day. 2k20 was the first time the game was released in an unplayable state. And word of mouth caught fire, so much so that Gaming sites and youtubers who don't give af about wrestling games were all talking about it.

2k22 is also bad. And just as glitchy. But it was playable. and looked really pretty.

one thing i've learned being on the WWE gaming boards for decades now, is that ppl care #1 that the game is playable. #2 about creation modes. #3 about entrances looking cool. 

gameplay is unfortunately like the 7th thing ppl seem to care about. They can release a game with Sami Zayn out of date by 2 years, and everyone in the crowd is wearing a random teal shirt....and nobody notices or cares.

I have been a lover of WWE Games since the 90s. I never understood the popular argument of gamers complaining about the "gameplay" of these WWE 2K games. The game allows you to punch, kick and do a whole bunch of wrestling moves. What exactly is the argument? Do people want 2,000 wrestling moves with every wrestler having 5 finishers?

The #1 reason why I was always into these WWE games is because of the Creation Suites. I have the ability to create wrestlers, play career modes, do exhibition matches and make up fantasy rivalries with the other wrestlers in the game. The gamer has to be able to make usage of whatever these WWE 2K games have to offer. I feel like some of the fans are asking for the impossible to be put into these wrestling games and it all seems bizarre to me.

You can have a great time playing WWE 2K22 and 2K23 without feeling repetitive if you simply focus on more than just wanting the ability to do everything in the existing world of pro wrestling.

Archived