Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

I just don't get why we've yet to get Jamie Noble in, he's worked for the company for years now, surely theres a match in a showcase they could put him in or in a DLC pack of Ruthless Aggression guys. He was even a big on screen character during Seth's Authority heel run as his corporate lackey.

Nigel McGuinness was another one i never understood why they didn't find a place for him in a game when working for them as a commentator for years, Daniel Bryan's showcase would've been perfect as one of his indy matches, but they didn't do it.

I just don't get why they have these retired wrestlers under contract and never think to put them in the games.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably can't because of their contracts signed with WWE. It's not a Legends deal, so obviously in terms of likeness rights it's different for trainers and backstage staffers. Just because they are under contract with WWE doesn't mean they are eligible for the game .

My Faction in 2K23 needs to unlock those exclusive models for outside of that mode, thats for sure. I don't get why they're locked in it in 2K22 at all, wouldn't unlocking those models from My Faction increase buys for packs? cause i know i'd be buying them to try and get those models unlocked as would everyone else i'd assume.

But cause they're locked in there theres tons of people who aint even bothering buying packs cause no one wants to get those models only to be able to use them in that restricted My Faction mode.

What would you add? (My prediction)

Cena vs Angle (Debut on Smackdown 2002) 

Cena vs Booker T (No Mercy 2004)

Cena vs JBL (WrestleMania 21) 

Cena vs Edge (Unforgiven 2006)

Cena vs Triple H (WrestleMania 22)

Cena vs Shawn Michaels (WrestleMania 23)

Cena vs Randy Orton (RAW 2009) 

Cena vs Wade Barrett (TLC 2010) 

Cena vs Brock Lesnar (Extreme Rules 2012)

Cena vs The Rock (WrestleMania 29)

Cena vs AJ Styles (Royal Rumble 2017)

So is War Games the new mode they were on about? Is it a new mode and not match type because that's the only way they could get it to work? If there was a new mode you'd think it'd have been announced on that Amazon post, that's why I think it might be a game mode. As for the tweets above. I think we all expected to be 2k22.5, and they should have shown new stars. I hope they let people play War Games at the Royal Rumble 2k event so we can get more news on it. 

I also noticed in the War Games screenshot, in the back of the arena you can see the shark cages with an Uso and Sheamus. 

Officially up for pre-order with what's included in each edition.

https://wwe.2k.com/2k23/buy/

The WWE 2K23 Icon Edition Includes:

3-Day Early Access, starting March 14th, 2023.

Bad Bunny Bonus Pack

• Playable Bad Bunny Character

• 1x Ruby Bad Bunny MyFACTION Card

Deluxe Edition Content

• Season Pass Access (5x DLC)

• MyRISE Mega-Boost

• SuperCharger

• 1x Ruby John Cena MyFACTION Evo Card

• 1x Emerald Bianca Belair MyFACTION Card

• 1x Gold Asuka MyFACTION Card

• 1x Gold Edge MyFACTION Card

• 3x Basic Premium Launch MyFACTION Packs

Ruthless Aggression Content

• Playable Prototype Cena

• 1x Prototype Cena MyFACTION Card

• Playable Leviathan Batista

• Playable Young OVW-Era Randy Orton

• Playable Young OVW-Era Brock Lesnar

• John Cena Legacy Championship Belt

• Wrestlemania 22 Arena

Icon Edition Content

• 1x Emerald Paul Heyman Manager MyFACTION Card

• 3x Deluxe Premium Launch MyFACTION Pack

s

The champ is here! Play through an interactive sports documentary, narrated by John Cena himself, covering the key moments and toughest opponents of John Cena’s storied 20-year WWE career. And in a franchise-first, take on the role of each marquee opponent - some of WWE’s greatest of all time - as you aim to take down Mr. Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect.

Reminds me of Proving Ground/Beat the Streak from the 2K14/15 days. Not jazzed about the interactive documentary thing....the last one was awful, with how awkward the music was, the clunky game-footage transitions...ugh

1 hour ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

I'll gladly take OVW versions of wrestlers

Ruthless Aggression Content
• Playable Prototype Cena

• 1x Prototype Cena MyFACTION Card

• Playable Leviathan Batista

• Playable Young OVW-Era Randy Orton

• Playable Young OVW-Era Brock Lesnar

• John Cena Legacy Championship Belt

Archived